Anyone want to talk about the joys of high taxes?

Obama and the Dems shouted Glass Steagal........Ummmm were is that at now............

As the Bubble Machine reaches new highs.....................

They didn't do anything about it did they..................

Again, puppets on a string for their corporate sponsors........................

A Stock Market based on fiction and FIAT CURRENCY, not the real world of supply and demand.............

It takes time to recover from a $536Trillion hit.

FYI: There is no supply and demand. It's fixed. Has been for decades.

Amazing.

You actually know less about economics than you do accounting. I would have said that was impossible, thanks for reminding me i can be wrong.

You're wrong again. Show us all an example of current supply and demand.

I guess it's an Ideology...........

Trying to push a rope up the hill.................

The cart trying to pull the oxen..............

Sure. But lets keep it consumer related.

Have you been to a store lately? Have you noticed that, despite the fact that supply and demand has been fixed for decades, no one is selling 8mm video cameras, Betamax tapes, laser discs, turntables, or boom boxes?

I guess the PS4 which is sold out already isn't an indicator either ....................

Nope. Limiting supply to create a buzz. Congrats, you fell for it!

cavemen used to go around the neighborhood and club the guy next cave over .... take all his stuff

modern economics proves this has little changed and ..... greed is the real root of all evil

Sure. But lets keep it consumer related.

Have you been to a store lately? Have you noticed that, despite the fact that supply and demand has been fixed for decades, no one is selling 8mm video cameras, Betamax tapes, laser discs, turntables, or boom boxes?

You've confused a macroeconomics model of price determination with changing technologies.

You've confused yourself with someone who understands economics.

If we were to assume that the theories behind your absurd assumption were correct we would have to assume that all economics is a zero sum game, and that aggregate GDP is fixed. Feel free to demonstrate that either of those is true, much less both.

You've confused a macroeconomics model of price determination with changing technologies.

If we were to assume that the theories behind your absurd assumption were correct we would have to assume that all economics is a zero sum game, and that aggregate GDP is fixed. Feel free to demonstrate that either of those is true, much less both.

I'm still waiting for an example of consumer based supply and demand.

I already provided several, and you started talking about macroeconomics, which is a completely different thing. If you understood economics you would know that, and save me the trouble of explaining the obvious.

cavemen used to go around the neighborhood and club the guy next cave over .... take all his stuff

modern economics proves this has little changed and ..... greed is the real root of all evil

There's nothing wrong with greed as long as you regulate it and enforce the regulations.

I already provided several, and you started talking about macroeconomics, which is a completely different thing. If you understood economics you would know that, and save me the trouble of explaining the obvious.

You've proved nothing. You listed old technology.

How can there be old technology? You claimed that supply and demand has been fixed for decades.

How can there be old technology? You claimed that supply and demand has been fixed for decades.

Your contention is that supply and demand is product availability rather than a theory of macroeconomics.

Tell me again how higher taxes are good for the economy.

Tell me gain how high taxes spur investment.

Tell me again how we need to be more like Europe.

The French economy unexpectedly shrank in the third quarter as President Francois Hollande failed to revive corporate investment in the face of one of the world’s heaviest tax burdens.
Gross domestic product fell 0.1 percent in the three months through September, national statistics office Insee said in an e-mailed statement. Economists forecast no growth, according to the median of 24 estimates in a Bloomberg News survey.
The figures, which follow France’s exit from recession in the second quarter, underline the issues Hollande is confronting as he tries to revive Europe’s second-largest economy and reverse an increase in unemployment that’s at a 14-year high. Facing taxes equivalent to 46 percent of GDP, companies such as Cie de Saint Gobain SA are cutting investment spending or holding off raising it.
“The French economy may have touched bottom but companies are still hesitating,” said Michel Martinez, an economist at Societe Generale in Paris. “There remains huge uncertainty around economic policy and profit margins are among the weakest in Europe. The upshot is that we have a recovery but a tepid one.”
Investment spending by non-financial companies fell 0.6 percent in the quarter, while consumer spending rose 0.2 percent.

French Economy Shrinks as Businesses Hold Off on Investment - Bloomberg

While you are at it, tell me why this is "unexpected."

Our country is in the spot that is equivalent to a family borrowing money to buy groceries. This country will collapse sooner or later. And if I were betting, I would bet sooner.

Forum List

Back