Anyone else interested in starting a government simulation here?

Gun Clingin'

Rookie
Jan 31, 2009
Right here
I think it'd be cool to have some sort of virtual governement simulation here. Anyone else interested? And to the mods, would this take up too much bandwidth?

Like what... elect a President and VP and congressmen and senators, governors... like that?

Could do that, or something similar to a United Nations Simulation.

Or a nation simulation.

However, I think the U.S. Gov't and UN simulations would be too closely similar to their real life counterparts; useless. :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
I think the best idea to go with would be to basically create our own fictional nation, members make up their own "states" within the country. I'd prefer a parlimentary system of government but we could style it like the USA system too, just depends on how many of you would be interested and what the majority believe would be a better system.

My idea, we'd have to have someone who is an administrator here join to play the part of "Governor". Basically they'd be the person that makes sure we keep it somewhat civil and get things accomplished and keep track of all the bills passed etc, if we have a parlimentary style government.

I was just wondering if anyone was interested in seeing if we could make it work, because I am willing to work with the administrators to come up with the rules and all the little intricacies involved with making it happen.

So Gunny, you could be "Governor", which would be close enough to God in the simulation.:lol: Ofcourse, that's if you're even interested in participating in something like this.

Like what... elect a President and VP and congressmen and senators, governors... like that?

I think it'd be easier to have a parliment-style government. Where you'd make up your own "state" or "province", and you're the representaive, you cannot be voted out. What positions we would vote for would be prime minister/president every 2 terms, each term would be say, a month, so at the end of 2 terms, we vote either to keep the same prime minister, but we also allow every district/state representative to run. We could vote on treasurers, etc.

Sound like it would work?

I think it'd be cool to have some sort of virtual governement simulation here. Anyone else interested? And to the mods, would this take up too much bandwidth?

Okay, I'm God. What lesser position do YOU hold?:eusa_eh:

:lol: I would make up a state or province..whatever we agree upon once we have atleast 4 or five members minus you, you could be governor, since you have moderater capabilities.
You basically would be playing god since you'd be in charge of keeping things in order and civilized so bills can get past discussion, debate and comitee phases etc.

But, if you're not interested in joining the sim, you could possibley create another board and mod me:lol: or anyone else you deem worthy and fair enough for the job.

We had a mock government at DebatePolitics.

Did you join it?

No, I didn't have enough posts. I still don't, actually.

Well I wouldn't want post counts to be the qualifier. But I don't know how the admins here would want to do it. The best way IMO to run the simulation would be that a person must basically promise to remain atleast somewhat civil, stay on topic in the threads, keep personal insults to a minimum, you know basic stuff. If a member breaks the rules the first time they get a warning, next time they get the boot..something like that.

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand this.. what are you talking about and how does it work???

Every member, accept the Governor/Board moderator, creates their own state/province/district, and provides their s/p/d's details, history, etc. as long as they are realistic.

Now in order to make this run smooth, obviously we would need to establish our nation's population capacity. For example, We could be a large island in the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans. So let's say our population should not exceed say, 6 million people.

Here's an example of how we could format state/province/district details:

Name:

Population:

Climate:

Main import/exports:

Political leanings:

Racial/ethnic population make up:

You get the picture.

Any other input would be appreciated.

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand this.. what are you talking about and how does it work???

No you're not too dumb. It's just an idea, I've seen it done on other sites.

Basically we make up our own nation, members join and create their own states. We vote on bills, things like that. I was involved with one on another site for awhile but it got old after awhile.

No you're not too dumb. It's just an idea, I've seen it done on other sites.

Basically we make up our own nation, members join and create their own states. We vote on bills, things like that. I was involved with one on another site for awhile but it got old after awhile.

I just don't get it. :confused:

Forum List

Back