Anyone else interested in starting a government simulation here?

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand this.. what are you talking about and how does it work???

No you're not too dumb. It's just an idea, I've seen it done on other sites.

Basically we make up our own nation, members join and create their own states. We vote on bills, things like that. I was involved with one on another site for awhile but it got old after awhile.

Ok.. Why? You just said it got old...

Sounds interesting, but I don't quite get it.

Assume we establish some form of government.

Then what?

What are we governing, exactly? Do we create a ficticious nation, too?

In other words, once we have estblished a government how do we put this government to the test?

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool to have some sort of virtual governement simulation here. Anyone else interested? And to the mods, would this take up too much bandwidth?

Okay, I'm God. What lesser position do YOU hold?:eusa_eh:

:lol: I would make up a state or province..whatever we agree upon once we have atleast 4 or five members minus you, you could be governor, since you have moderater capabilities.
You basically would be playing god since you'd be in charge of keeping things in order and civilized so bills can get past discussion, debate and comitee phases etc.

But, if you're not interested in joining the sim, you could possibley create another board and mod me:lol: or anyone else you deem worthy and fair enough for the job.

I'm going to withhold comment until I see where this goes.

Wht exactly is it you are going to accomplish as a "government?"

You get the same position you always do ... best dig out that maid outfit.:eusa_whistle:

Gunny, you're not going to try and be like Zeus's father in the whole trying to eat his children aspect are you? :lol:

Okay, I'm God. What lesser position do YOU hold?:eusa_eh:

Goddess. So when God gets knocked out of everything.... :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_hand:

You get the same position you always do ... best dig out that maid outfit.:eusa_whistle:

This one? Or, did you have another in mind?
maid.jpg

:eusa_whistle::eusa_angel:

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand this.. what are you talking about and how does it work???

Amanda, please change your avatar, it's starting to annoy me. I realize I'm an old lady and you have no reason to listen to me but dang it, I feel my mother coming out in me. Your hair is hanging in your face, and with those dark glasses no one can see your beautiful eyes. Yep, that was my mom talking. In fact I think she said those very words to me when I was your age. Funny how as we get older we become more like our mothers.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I've always felt we'd have a better government if we got rid of politicians and had a draft. When you reach a certain age, you get an intelligence test (same test for everyone) you pass, your name goes into the hat, if it's drawn out, you job is also determined by lottery. You go to Washington for 4 years. 2 years you spend learning the job from the guy who has it now, then 2 years you spend doing the job and teaching the one who comes in after you. After the 4 years is up, you go home and live by the laws you created, no outrageous retirements and best of all, no spending $millions to get a job that pays $thousands. It would sure make it a lot harder for the rich and the corporations to purchase our congresspersons, wouldn't it?

Amanda, please change your avatar, it's starting to annoy me. I realize I'm an old lady and you have no reason to listen to me but dang it, I feel my mother coming out in me. Your hair is hanging in your face, and with those dark glasses no one can see your beautiful eyes. Yep, that was my mom talking. In fact I think she said those very words to me when I was your age. Funny how as we get older we become more like our mothers.

Ok, just for you. :tongue:

Basically we make up our own nation, members join and create their own states. We vote on bills, things like that. I was involved with one on another site for awhile but it got old after awhile.

Let me rephrase that..the people involved got old. It was like the entire thing was taken over by the far left wing members who wouldn't let anything get done, and if they did... it was like working with a group of special ed children.

Let me rephrase that..the people involved got old. It was like the entire thing was taken over by the far left wing members who wouldn't let anything get done, and if they did... it was like working with a group of special ed children.

So... kinda like real life. :tongue:

Forum List

Back