Any guitar players?

I recently started making my own picks out of prescription lids. They make perfect medium 'jazz' picks, and the CAUTION letters are raised which gives you a better grip. I never even buy picks anymore. ( as long as my 95 year old father in law keeps taking shit for whatever ) I don't do pills unless absolutely necessary.
View attachment 411282
View attachment 411283

I use dunlop max grip picks.

I wonder though how long should one use guitar picks before they discard them

I use dunlop max grip picks.

I wonder though how long should one use guitar picks before they discard them
I sharpen them on carpet and with sandpaper or nail files.

Used to buy these all the time---that hole makes a perfect grip and
kinda make it easier to shift to pinch harmonics or pick tapping and stuff like that.
1604550901661.png

Last edited:

Now that's a player!
Playing is not beating on a guitar nor is it screwing around with all sorts of altered tunings because you lack the necessary skill to play chords and are too damn lazy to learn.
BTW to be a chord it has to have at least three notes not some bullshit two note crap you call a power cord because you're a hack and can't play fer shit. And pissin away a lot of money on gear doesn't make you a player either.
All that said, I play like shit but at least I know it and am trying to learn to really play.

Don't you think though that playing fast has some talent?

It actually takes talent to play fast.

Like i seem to have trouble when playing metal songs and it gets to the really fast part of a song and i have trouble pulling off the guitar solo correctly.

You have to build up speed.

And seriously, who knows if you won't be in a guitar duel like with the karate kid and Steve Vai.

I actually file them down to 'jazz-pick' size
for my alt-picking style and easier pinch harmonics I do a lot.
Better control and less resistance or something. It took awhile to get used to strumming with a smaller pick tho.....like Just got Paid or something where you're mixing it up a lot. I like the mediums - not thin or too thick.

Last edited:
I wonder if you heard of Luca Turilli, he used to be in a band called rhapsody of fire, but is now in a band called rhapsody of fire.

It's complicated.

He knows the scales like aeolian,harmonic minor,phygian,locrian,melodic minor,pentatonic scale and a Japanese scale called the Hirajoshi.

Forum List

Back