Purchased David Byrne's latest solo CD.......

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
.....American Utopia, yesterday. I just purchased it on a whim, hadn't heard any of it before. I like Byrne's work as lead singer and principal songwriter for Talking Heads. Also some of his work with Brian Eno. American Utopia is QUITE good. It's strange music, but that's to be expected with Mr. Byrne. Some of the lyrics are VERY unusual, but also laugh out loud funny at times. I'd describe the music as art pop and experimental rock, with a touch of Brian Eno-like ambient sounds. Pick this one up if you're a fan of Byrne's music or a fan of Eno's, as well. I've read that Mr. Byrne has transformed this music into a Broadway musical, but he's performing it only in Boston and New York. It's gotten rave reviews.

David Byrne Burned Down the House last night Tony Awards/ Broadway's Back!
Cool Babies - :cool-45: Boy I'd love to see his Broadway Show ... Still got it for. a 69 year old!!
Thanks bluzman61 - will check out the new record

Here's your ticket pack your bags
Time for jumpin' overboard
Transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire, huah

Last edited:
.....American Utopia, yesterday. I just purchased it on a whim, hadn't heard any of it before. I like Byrne's work as lead singer and principal songwriter for Talking Heads. Also some of his work with Brian Eno. American Utopia is QUITE good. It's strange music, but that's to be expected with Mr. Byrne. Some of the lyrics are VERY unusual, but also laugh out loud funny at times. I'd describe the music as art pop and experimental rock, with a touch of Brian Eno-like ambient sounds. Pick this one up if you're a fan of Byrne's music or a fan of Eno's, as well. I've read that Mr. Byrne has transformed this music into a Broadway musical, but he's performing it only in Boston and New York. It's gotten rave reviews.
The last CD's I bought were Eric Johnson Ah Via Musicom and G3 Live, going on 30 years ago.
1632768209085.png

Forum List

Back