Anpther cat. Need advice.

She now knows what Sleepy Time is. Which means, do not sit on my face when I am asleep. :auiqs.jpg:

She went out on the balconey (outside) for the first time in her 2 year life. It lasted about 30 seconds after she tentatively walked to the railing and looked down. She then skedaddled back to her house cat kennel.

She wanders the living room now too but doesn't stay for long. She likes the bedroom...and her kennel cave.

For some reason, she likes to put her butt in my face when its pet time.

I need to name her. JuJuBee just doesn't fit.

ScaredyCat? Franny, short for frantic cuz that is how she acts when its pet time...like she has to hurry to get all the rubs in because it never lasted long with her previous owner? Timidly? Timi? Goofy? So now I just call her Kitty. I don't think she gives a damn either way, lol. But she IS learning. She learned Sleepy Time really fast when I woke up with a yelp after she jumped up on my face when I was asleep.:aug08_031::oops::bigbed::no_text11::10:
Jujubee is a drag performer.

BTW...someone told me to name her DeeDee..for Dennis. I may go with that. But for now, she is just Kitty Pussy Cat. As I said, she does not give a shit one way or another, lol.

BTW...someone told me to name her DeeDee..for Dennis. I may go with that. But for now, she is just Kitty Pussy Cat. As I said, she does not give a shit one way or another, lol.
Gracie, your kitten is lucky to have come into your life.

It sounds like she's slowly beginning to appreciate that fact.

I had many cats, all named "Kitty".

DeeDee (the name she comes to) will be going to a foster home...crate, cat tree, toys, litter box, litter, etc.
I think she will do fine because although she now trusts me, I no longer trust myself. She watches youtube vids of cats playing, fish tanks, ocean scenes (underwater), birds pecking at a dish of seeds, etc. She enjoys them all and finally decided to go out on the balconey and not run back in at the whisper of a windchime.
I will have her another month...then in July, the foster mom will take her (Rescue Group I contacted). Much as I am hesitant to hand her over after all this training and gaining her trust...unfortunately, I am going to be moving soon. Probably late July or early August. Where am I moving to? No idea. Stuff is going into storage and I have already removed all heavy items that I can't lift myself since I am the only one left to do the moving. Once its all in storage, my van will be packed with necessities and then I can decide where to park and live in it. Will I be able to do it? I have no clue, but it beats being here in this hellhole of a town and the grumpy old bats that have nothing better to do than to gossip, spread false rumors, tattle on each other and in general make everyone else as miserable as they are. I don't belong here. Never did. But I needed this place for Dennis. He is gone now and this apt haunts me with his absence. And if I am going to make such a major "move", I gotta do it while I still can since I will be 70 years old in October and have nobody to rely on for assistance or even to take me in. If I wait any longer, I will be more decrepit and then dependent on a lousy hospital, doctors that don't give a shit, noise, homeless robbing our cars, and horrific traffic on the other side of the wall separating us from the major thoroughfare that goes to 3 other towns and the only way to get to them is thru THIS town...on the highway right next to us.

I am still on waiting lists, so I will have to let them know my whereabouts in case an apt comes up that is NOT for seniors. They are all fucking insane and meaner than snakes.

I can't take DeeDee with me. I am already freaked out on what I plan to do...and no need to take a scared cat with me and she be miserable..

So I have 2 months to figure out where to go...north, south, east or west. Probably west where it is cooler since it will still be late summer and hotter than blazes here in the valley. Exactly where..I have no clue. I just know that now is the time to do it. I lived in my van with Dennis and my dog for 4 months. Now it will be just me. Homeless again, but by choice this time. I think it will be more peaceful than where I am.
Too much has been going on here since we moved in. Dennis being called a pervert because he was nice and said someone looked nice, or accused of flirting when he never came out of the apartment...me being accused of smoking in my apartment even though everyone that has been in my apartment said it smelled lovely since I am a clean person...even the manager has been in my apt numerous times. Its the old bat across the hall and the insane bitch next door that keep reporting me that "smoke is billowing out from under my door" and every time staff checks...its nothing. No smoke. No odor. Just flat out harassment. And I am fed up with it all. Time to go. And to go alone with the cat safe with someone else.

I will be MIA for awhile once August comes because although I will have my laptop and my phone, I don't know if I will want to or even need to get online much. I will be focusing on a "forever home" for myself.

Whomever called this time in my life "the golden years" is a fucking big fat liar.

DeeDee (the name she comes to) will be going to a foster home...crate, cat tree, toys, litter box, litter, etc.
I think she will do fine because although she now trusts me, I no longer trust myself. She watches youtube vids of cats playing, fish tanks, ocean scenes (underwater), birds pecking at a dish of seeds, etc. She enjoys them all and finally decided to go out on the balconey and not run back in at the whisper of a windchime.
I will have her another month...then in July, the foster mom will take her (Rescue Group I contacted). Much as I am hesitant to hand her over after all this training and gaining her trust...unfortunately, I am going to be moving soon. Probably late July or early August. Where am I moving to? No idea. Stuff is going into storage and I have already removed all heavy items that I can't lift myself since I am the only one left to do the moving. Once its all in storage, my van will be packed with necessities and then I can decide where to park and live in it. Will I be able to do it? I have no clue, but it beats being here in this hellhole of a town and the grumpy old bats that have nothing better to do than to gossip, spread false rumors, tattle on each other and in general make everyone else as miserable as they are. I don't belong here. Never did. But I needed this place for Dennis. He is gone now and this apt haunts me with his absence. And if I am going to make such a major "move", I gotta do it while I still can since I will be 70 years old in October and have nobody to rely on for assistance or even to take me in. If I wait any longer, I will be more decrepit and then dependent on a lousy hospital, doctors that don't give a shit, noise, homeless robbing our cars, and horrific traffic on the other side of the wall separating us from the major thoroughfare that goes to 3 other towns and the only way to get to them is thru THIS town...on the highway right next to us.

I am still on waiting lists, so I will have to let them know my whereabouts in case an apt comes up that is NOT for seniors. They are all fucking insane and meaner than snakes.

I can't take DeeDee with me. I am already freaked out on what I plan to do...and no need to take a scared cat with me and she be miserable..

So I have 2 months to figure out where to go...north, south, east or west. Probably west where it is cooler since it will still be late summer and hotter than blazes here in the valley. Exactly where..I have no clue. I just know that now is the time to do it. I lived in my van with Dennis and my dog for 4 months. Now it will be just me. Homeless again, but by choice this time. I think it will be more peaceful than where I am.
Too much has been going on here since we moved in. Dennis being called a pervert because he was nice and said someone looked nice, or accused of flirting when he never came out of the apartment...me being accused of smoking in my apartment even though everyone that has been in my apartment said it smelled lovely since I am a clean person...even the manager has been in my apt numerous times. Its the old bat across the hall and the insane bitch next door that keep reporting me that "smoke is billowing out from under my door" and every time staff checks...its nothing. No smoke. No odor. Just flat out harassment. And I am fed up with it all. Time to go. And to go alone with the cat safe with someone else.

I will be MIA for awhile once August comes because although I will have my laptop and my phone, I don't know if I will want to or even need to get online much. I will be focusing on a "forever home" for myself.

Whomever called this time in my life "the golden years" is a fucking big fat liar.
You're a gutsy lady, Gracie.

I've done a lot of moving around and have lived in several states and many different towns. I love being on the road and seeing things that are new to me.

Like you, I have only myself to depend on. But that's fine. A lot of freedom comes with going solo, and I wouldn't trade some of the experiences I've had, or the relationships I've made, for anything.

There's a book - and a video based on the book - called "Nomad." It's about older people who get rid of their shit and hit the road - in vans, trucks, RVs, buses, whatever.

I haven't read it, but have found copies at my library. They also have the video. I think the book has information to help people get in contact with other "Nomads" for help, companionship, information, and so on. There are a lot of people choosing this lifestyle.

Hope this information will be helpful to you. There's even one particular Nomad who helps others find or repair vehicles.

Best of luck in whatever direction you choose to go. It'll be an exciting adventure if you do some planning, and determine to make it work.

Thanks for taking care of one of Mother Natures babies.

So many people becoming homeless from whats been going on for the past two years........they can't keep their pets with them. Shelters are over-crowded, foster homes are hard to find because the shelters are giving them their overflow.

Hope it all works out for you. I know moving is a bitch, and it's not something an animal should be dragged through.

Give her time to get used to the change. It'll be ok.

I have been looking for another cat but have not found one.

The fact that you already have ONE cat and are seeking another is empirical proof that you are incapable of taking advice or even being able to grasp the tangible realities of existence.

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Allows a Cat To Enter ...

Only cats I've ever had that were worth something were the ones that kept the vermin out of the barn.
The nice old lady that owned the property before us left around 25 cats,how sweet of her.
I thinned em out to till I had two and boy did they get fat!!

Only cats I've ever had that were worth something were the ones that kept the vermin out of the barn.
The nice old lady that owned the property before us left around 25 cats,how sweet of her.
I thinned em out to till I had two and boy did they get fat!!

So you never went in the barn again?
Here Pussy. Many would thin you out. Same method, but a bit less civil. ;)

So you never went in the barn again?
Here Pussy. Many would thin you out. Same method, but a bit less civil. ;)

Why would I not go in the barn again?
Like I said I kept two which is all you need to keep the rats and mice under control.
And another advantage was the native wildlife. It came back like gangbusters,more birds,more horned toads,more rabbits anything that was small enough for the cats to kill when born or mature.
Not only that the barn smelled like a litter box as did the garage.
The cats are an invasive species,I'd rather see native wildlife than a bunch of feral cats.

DeeDee turned out to be a great cat. She is just so goofy and makes me laugh. I was really frustrated with her at first...and she with me, probably. But, we resolved our issues and now she is a fat, spoiled goofball. She just needed some time, and I was in too much of a hurry to find another soul to love so I wouldn't be alone. However, it all worked out in the end.

@fncceo and you can go fuck yourself, asshole.​

DeeDee turned out to be a great cat. She is just so goofy and makes me laugh. I was really frustrated with her at first...and she with me, probably. But, we resolved our issues and now she is a fat, spoiled goofball. She just needed some time, and I was in too much of a hurry to find another soul to love so I wouldn't be alone. However, it all worked out in the end.

So glad for you that things worked out.

Sounds like you have a terrific new pal.

Cats are the best! Beautiful, funny, always surprising.

Sounds like you have a terrific new pal.

Cats are the best! Beautiful, funny, always surprising.
Its been a long road for both of us. Finally found the food she will eat; she entertains herself when its my "night night sleepy time" and never wakes me up; she likes to "talk" to me and I truly believe she understands every word I say when I talk back; she is great company; she does not hide at every loud noise I may make like Evie did; she actually gets in bed with me now for about 15 minutes for pet/jaw scratchin time, then runs off to play with her toys. In general she is awesome. She thinks I am awesome too, I guess. In short...it was a difficult transition for us both but we made it happen! I am quite pleased with her. Only thing left now is to hope she will let me cuddle her eventually. She lets me hold her paw and play with her claws which she NEVER EVER uses on me even in play, she likes belly rubs and is slowly allowing me to brush her. She prefers my hands rubbing all over her to loosen her hairs, but the brush gets more than my fingers can. So...we still have some work to do but I am very happy how she is now. I keep telling her "remember when you first arrived, how scared you were and how upset I was because you were afraid I was an enemy?" and her response is always "Mauw". Anytime I talk to her while looking at her, she responds with "mauw". Not MEOW...its MAUW. Evie was not talkative at all, but she IS. But only when she wants playtime or in response to me talking to her.
And..she likes the music I put on for her in her room. Zepplin, Crosby Still Nash Young, The Animals, The Cure, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, etc. If I put on the mellow stuff, she goes out on the balcony, lol.

Its been a long road for both of us. Finally found the food she will eat; she entertains herself when its my "night night sleepy time" and never wakes me up; she likes to "talk" to me and I truly believe she understands every word I say when I talk back; she is great company; she does not hide at every loud noise I may make like Evie did; she actually gets in bed with me now for about 15 minutes for pet/jaw scratchin time, then runs off to play with her toys. In general she is awesome. She thinks I am awesome too, I guess. In short...it was a difficult transition for us both but we made it happen! I am quite pleased with her. Only thing left now is to hope she will let me cuddle her eventually. She lets me hold her paw and play with her claws which she NEVER EVER uses on me even in play, she likes belly rubs and is slowly allowing me to brush her. She prefers my hands rubbing all over her to loosen her hairs, but the brush gets more than my fingers can. So...we still have some work to do but I am very happy how she is now. I keep telling her "remember when you first arrived, how scared you were and how upset I was because you were afraid I was an enemy?" and her response is always "Mauw". Anytime I talk to her while looking at her, she responds with "mauw". Not MEOW...its MAUW. Evie was not talkative at all, but she IS. But only when she wants playtime or in response to me talking to her.
And..she likes the music I put on for her in her room. Zepplin, Crosby Still Nash Young, The Animals, The Cure, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, etc. If I put on the mellow stuff, she goes out on the balcony, lol.
Thanks for the terrific update. It sounds like you two are going to be "real" best friends. I'll bet you'll be doing some serious cuddling before you know it. And knowing cats, she'll let you know when she's ready.

As for the hair brushing you mentioned, I have an idea that might work for you. I saw some gloves advertised on TV that are designed to remove loose hair as you rub your animal.

I don't remember the name, or where they can be ordered. But you might be able to get that information by calling a couple of pet stores.

I had a yellow tabby, decades ago. He grew up to be rather mean, but it was my fault. I was young and played a bit rough with him when he was a kitten. I just didn't know any better, I was that young.

He was a terrific cat and I still think about him and miss him.

Forum List

Back