Is There Such Thing As Unprovoked Animal Attacks

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I say animal because Pitbull or no, I would think that even if we don't know what it is, something provoked them to attack and do something like this.

Sometimes it's hard to predict what will set an animal off. Also regarding dogs, some breeds are potentially much more dangerous than others. A beagle isn't likely to cause life threatening damage to an adult, but a pit bull might.

Any dog not properly trained to behave will attack a person or anything else that enters what it sees as its territory. Colorado is wrong to blame certain types of dogs because a responsible owner is what's needed and those that are not should be fined heavily or jail time.

Btw, the mother did the right thing though even though it must have been a tough decision for her.

I say animal because Pitbull or no, I would think that even if we don't know what it is, something provoked them to attack and do something like this.

Our Siamese has attacked everybody in the family. Saw my grand daughter casually walk past her just this morning, then the little beast went into it's Ninja stance and cornered her hissing and bearing teeth, til the noise attracted Lexie (who would defend the granddaughters from anybody or anything intervened and the Siamese beat a retreat. Nobody fks with my 90 lb. German Shepherd, including the 3 lb Siamese Ninja kitty. ;)

Or someone to play with and hunt with and protect as was the one I had as a teen. He was the best. I spent the time teaching him to obey commands and bonded with him by spending a lot of time at both play and training and I never had trouble with him.
1srelluc : You can be seen by a pit as a meal or a chew toy.

Sometimes it's hard to predict what will set an animal off. Also regarding dogs, some breeds are potentially much more dangerous than others. A beagle isn't likely to cause life threatening damage to an adult, but a pit bull might.
I met a sweet pitbull who began growling as soon as I got close enough that she could smell my aggressive female Aussie's scent on me. I obviously smelled like a mean bitch to her, so I left the area right away.

My new home, the female pit next door is still touchy with me, even after my Aussie's death.

Pays to be careful.

You can be seen by a pit as a meal or a chew toy.

Yeah, as within any dog. A cat could slice you in half but I still love them. That's what happened when mine hurt her leg, she usually has a really sweet and laid back disposition, but even though she was in pain she still got a temper and started hissing and making noises that I never heard make before. She's still my baby though as those dogs that injured the child would have been. My child would come before my pets though and that's why I still say as much as I love dogs and animals that that woman did the right thing.

I've been chased by yellow jackets many times. I couldn't say it wasn't unprovoked though. I stepped on the little bastards houses.

Lol ever think about spraying?

Lol ever think about spraying?

Do you mean repellant, or by spraying bee spray at their nest?

Either or, it wouldn't have helped in any of my countless encounters with Satans pets. I spend a lot of time in the woods, and their nests are underground. If you step on the hole, or even near it, you can expect hundreds to chase you for a long time. I've been mauled by yellow jackets, bald faced hornets, wasps, and an assortment of ground bees. I've been stung hundreds of times, and I'm still quite young, I'll be stung hundreds of times more.

The odd thing is, I've had family die from bee stings. My grandfather was severely allergic to be stings. My father is allergic to be stings. I am somehow safe.

My
Our Siamese has attacked everybody in the family. Saw my grand daughter casually walk past her just this morning, then the little beast went into it's Ninja stance and cornered her hissing and bearing teeth, til the noise attracted Lexie (who would defend the granddaughters from anybody or anything intervened and the Siamese beat a retreat. Nobody fks with my 90 lb. German Shepherd, including the 3 lb Siamese Ninja kitty. ;)
My best friend used to have a 60 pound German Shepard and a three quarter Wolf/Shepard mix that lived in fear of his wife's four pound Persian Cat. She'd trap them in a corner and sit there licking her front paws just daring them to move.

I worked for years in a job that brought me into many homes that included dogs as pets. I had to go into all rooms, and I had more than a few bad encounters with vicious dogs.

I finally began asking owners to move their dogs into a secure room or put them outside. Some owners were offended, some would refuse, others were understanding and removed the dogs.

If they refused, I casually mentioned that I would sue if I were attacked while working. That always worked. I'd turn around and the animal(s) had magically disappeared.

One German shepherd was so nasty he would bite and claw his way out of his dog run. The post office refused to deliver their mail. While working there one day the owner and dog followed me around as I worked. While we were in the basement, the phone rang and the woman ran upstairs to answer it. The dog continued following me. My fingernail apparently struck the animals nose as I walked. The dog went nuts. The owner came running. The stupid bitch finally told me how aggressive her dog was.

On the news last week there was a story about a little boy, with photos, who had been attacked by a dog. Both of his ears had been ripped off, and his face was still badly scarred. They were about to attach some artificial ears.

Another story involved an adult female who had been attacked by a chihuahua as she leaned down to pet him. The dog tore her eyelid off.

Imo, anyone who leaves dogs free to interact with little kids is irresponsible, to say the least.

Dog owners should be required to carry loads of liability insurance because dog attacks are so common. And they should be criminally charged if they are caught without such insurance, especially if their dog bites someone.

NO dog owner can predict the behaviour of their dog, no matter how well trained. It is folly to assume they can.

Last edited:
Animals aren't like humans. Humans rarely, if ever, use their sense of smell for interaction with others.
Humans mainly rely on sight and sound. Animals rely mainly on smell and sound.

If something happens out of the norm of the family dynamic, it could set off any animal in the family unit.

When it comes to animals, humans are basically fuktards regarding them.

Dogs, more than other animals, are set off by changes in odors and scents. Even just changing soap brands or soap scents could set off an animal in the family.

Some scents are "threatening" to some animals, and these scents can cause some animals to feel as someone is being attacked by something.......even though to us, it's just a smell......to an animal, it's an unknown attacking one of your family members.

I'm not saying that is what it is in this instance, but little kids are prone to varied scents and smells coming from them. Whether its a change in their diet, medications, or different laundry detergents, or even scented products like perfumes, or even something the kid might have gotten into or touched.

When changing scents in the home, you have to pass it by the animal in the home first. Otherwise a sudden change in family smells could result in the animal becoming agitated or violent, or just shying away from family members with this new scent.

If someone isn't going to learn all there is to know about having a pet and knowing how that animal thinks, feels, and lives..........then there is no reason for them to ever have any animal for any reason.

I hate Siamese cats! I had a neighbor who had to have B12 shots every other day and I was the only neighbor qualified to give them to her and save her the trip to the doctor's office, and she refused to restrain that damn cat while I was there. I ended up bleeding every time I went to her house. And the cat was just as vicious to her -- she was always bleeding from cat scratches.

Forum List

Back