Another win for Trump, loss for Sanctuary cities

This only effects sanctuary cities that receive Federal funding ... so, no loss in the cities that don't ... ha ha ha ... the others, it's the price they pay to suckle at the eagle's tit ...

~~~~~~
I agree with you.
There is federal law and Home rule Law. The laws should not be interfered with. The Federal law is based upon de minimus rules. States must follow at a minimum the laws set forth by the federal government. They may make the stronger but not less than the Federal ruling. Therefore if the state(s) refuse to follow Federal laws they can be refused federal funding. Sanctuary cities violate the de minimus Federal law by refusing to cooperate with existing Federal law.
Again, no thanks to bench legislating biased judges this has been allowed to go on too long.

This only effects sanctuary cities that receive Federal funding ... so, no loss in the cities that don't ... ha ha ha ... the others, it's the price they pay to suckle at the eagle's tit ...

~~~~~~
I agree with you.
There is federal law and Home rule Law. The laws should not be interfered with. The Federal law is based upon de minimus rules. States must follow at a minimum the laws set forth by the federal government. They may make the stronger but not less than the Federal ruling. Therefore if the state(s) refuse to follow Federal laws they can be refused federal funding. Sanctuary cities violate the de minimus Federal law by refusing to cooperate with existing Federal law.
Again, no thanks to bench legislating biased judges this has been allowed to go on too long.

I'm a big states rights person, but the problem is when they harbor these illegals, those illegals can leave and go to other states that are not sanctuary and don't want them around. It's the same with drivers licenses that Trump is also taking a stand on. If you want illegals driving in your state, that's up to you. But once you have a drivers license from one state, it's accepted in all other states.

~~~~~~
I agree with you.
The bong thing you are correct about is that the states may offer greater personal protection than the feds. That is why if Donald choosss to violate people individual rights, the states can impose greater protections.

so while you use a turn of phrase that you read somewhere, you are clueless about what it means.
Common problem among trumpkins.

Awesome!

He should immediately cut all funding to any and all of these cities.

Court hands Trump win in sanctuary city fight, says administration can deny grant money

A federal appeals court on Wednesday handed a major win to the Trump administration in its fight against “sanctuary” jurisdictions, ruling that it can deny grant money to states that refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities.

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York overturned a lower court ruling that stopped the administration’s 2017 move to withhold grant money from the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, which dispenses over $250 million a year to state and local criminal justice efforts.

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION TO DEPLOY BORDER PATROL TO SANCTUARY CITIES TO HELP ICE CATCH ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

“Today’s decision rightfully recognizes the lawful authority of the Attorney General to ensure that Department of Justice grant recipients are not at the same time thwarting federal law enforcement priorities,” a DOJ spokesman said in a statement. “The grant conditions here require states and cities that receive DOJ grants to share information about criminals in custody. The federal government uses this information to enforce national immigration laws--policies supported by successive Democrat and Republican administrations.”

“All Americans will benefit from increased public safety as this Administration is able to implement its lawful immigration and public safety policies,” the statement said.

Court hands Trump win in sanctuary city fight, says administration can deny grant money

I don't think he can cut anything yet. We know that they will never give up until the Supreme Court gets the case.....if they decide to take it.

~~~~~~
I agree with you.
The bong thing you are correct about is that the states may offer greater personal protection than the feds. That is why if Donald choosss to violate people individual rights, the states can impose greater protections.

so while you use a turn of phrase that you read somewhere, you are clueless about what it means.

~~~~~~
No, I taught you civics that you were not taught in high school. BTW for more than 10 years I was involved in the governing a town. Like all Leftists you've got it wrong. Offering sanctuary from Federal law is contrary to the law.

~~~~~~
I agree with you.

People don't have "individual rights." Those are exclusively reserved for citizens, not illegals.

Although I can understand why you don't know the difference. Common problem among leftards..

Last edited:

~~~~~~
I agree with you.

Doc, you're on top of your game today! :bow2:

upload_2020-2-26_16-47-55.jpeg

Forum List

Back