Another Trump-endorsed candidate wins primary election - Diehl wins Massachusetts

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
How many Trump-backed candidates have won so far? I've lost count.

Trump-backed Diehl wins Massachusetts GOP governor primary​

"Former state representative and Donald Trump-backed candidate Geoff Diehl secured the GOP nomination for governor of Massachusetts on Tuesday.

Diehl defeated the more moderate businessman Chris Doughty and will face off this November against Democratic Attorney General Maura Healey...

Massachusetts is the latest Democratic stronghold in which Republicans have nominated the Trump-backed candidate following victories by Leora Levy in Connecticut and Dan Cox in Maryland."

Trump-backed Diehl wins Massachusetts GOP governor primary

"Former state representative and Donald Trump-backed candidate Geoff Diehl secured the GOP nomination for governor of Massachusetts on Tuesday.

Diehl defeated the more moderate businessman Chris Doughty and will face off this November against Democratic Attorney General Maura Healey...

Massachusetts is the latest Democratic stronghold in which Republicans have nominated the Trump-backed candidate following victories by Leora Levy in Connecticut and Dan Cox in Maryland."

As I said, even if Trump doesn't run, he will play Kingmaker. No matter what even his detractors say, he will have an impact one way or another and the Establishment fears having to actually be leaders rather than just rubber stamp politicians.

And now he will get slaughtered in the general election and the Democrats will flip the seat. You do understand the difference between a primary and general election, right?
Not the point. The point is that RINO globo-homos are being kicked to the curb.

Is he an outsider and a Lil whacky ...God I hope so

I'm not sure, JG---- last figure I heard was something astronomical like 92 or 98.3%.

If all these candidates are to lose to democrat party bums, guess that means that without Trump, Mitch's GOP would be nothing but dog meat.

Go get 'em, Mitch!

See the source image

And now he will get slaughtered in the general election and the Democrats will flip the seat. You do understand the difference between a primary and general election, right?

Doubtful. Especially not after two more years of Democrats and their ruinous policies.

And what does this mean regarding the Nov election?

Have to give Trump credit for this one, he did not wait till the person was 20 points ahead in the polls or was running opposed.

It's close to 200 nationwide.

This and the SCOTUS are Trump's legacy. It doesn't matter if he runs for president again or not.

Consodering the "republicans" that Marxartaxachusetts has elected Governor (Romney, Baker) there's no "flipping" of the position....It's just changing the party affiliation of the statist progressive stooge occupying the office.

Did you not read the OP?
My post was in generally speaking, which is why I said that it depends on the locality. However, your question is what prompted me to post my question to the OP, regarding Massachusetts. But, I think Democrats have some splainin to do in backing "MAGA Republicans" in primaries while telling the country that "MAGA Republicans" want to take our democracy away. It will be interesting to see what happens in Nov as a result. My opinion is that if even one "MAGA Republican" beats a Democrat in November due to Democratic support in the primaries then they made a very huge mistake, on top of the splainin they have to do.

Last edited:
And what does this mean regarding the Nov election?

Obviously it means people support Trump and the cndidates he endorses. Never mind all the BS from the left about Republicans distancing themselves from Trump.

My post was in generally speaking, which is why I said that it depends on the locality. However, your question is what prompted me to post my question to the OP, regarding Massachusetts. But, I think Democrats have some splainin to do in backing MAGA Republicans in primaries while telling the country that "MAGA Republicans" want to take our democracy away. It will be interesting to see what happens in Nov as a result. My opinion is that if even one "MAGA Republican" beats a Democrat in November due to Democratic support in the primaries then they made a very huge mistake, on top of the splainin they have to do.

Although there are no sane DemoKKKrats, some within the party are questioning that strategy even now. It's a joy to watch.

Obviously it means people support Trump and the cndidates he endorses. Never mind all the BS from the left about Republicans distancing themselves from Trump.
This was a primary election. What if this guy loses to the Democrat in the general while the other Republican might have actually beaten the Democrat? Doesn't that hurt your cause more than it helps it, especially with a 50/50 senate?

Forum List

Back