Another Trump-endorsed candidate wins primary election - Diehl wins Massachusetts

My post was in generally speaking, which is why I said that it depends on the locality. However, your question is what prompted me to post my question to the OP, regarding Massachusetts. But, I think Democrats have some splainin to do in backing "MAGA Republicans" in primaries while telling the country that "MAGA Republicans" want to take our democracy away. It will be interesting to see what happens in Nov as a result. My opinion is that if even one "MAGA Republican" beats a Democrat in November due to Democratic support in the primaries then they made a very huge mistake, on top of the splainin they have to do.

There is a whole thread about this. And it is just sort of stupid.

Backing MAGA Republicans" in primaries is a purely political move that has been done by both sides for the past few decades. Rush made it famous when he got his ditto heads to vote for Obama, and it back fired on him.

There is always a risk that it will backfire, but it is a calculated risk that the Dems are willing to take

There is a whole thread about this. And it is just sort of stupid.

Backing MAGA Republicans" in primaries is a purely political move that has been done by both sides for the past few decades. Rush made it famous when he got his ditto heads to vote for Obama, and it back fired on him.

There is always a risk that it will backfire, but it is a calculated risk that the Dems are willing to take
Like fraud or "stolen elections" I don't know if there has ever been any evidence that any of these things have actually made a difference in the results. Just recently we had Democrats register as Republicans to help Liz Cheney, who lost by about 64,000 votes, 66% to 29%.

You do understand the difference between actual reality and just wistful hoping, right?

Who's hoping. This race is not winnable. Every poll that has been taken has shown Diehl getting completely blown away in the general election. This is Massachusetts, you tard, not Oklahoma.

Who's hoping. This race is not winnable. Every poll that has been taken has shown Diehl getting completely blown away in the general election. This is Massachusetts, you tard, not Oklahoma.
What is insane is that this is a racist state that votes Prog. The Boston area is nasty.

Like fraud or "stolen elections" I don't know if there has ever been any evidence that any of these things have actually made a difference in the results. Just recently we had Democrats register as Republicans to help Liz Cheney, who lost by about 64,000 votes, 66% to 29%.

It would help less somewhere like Wy which is the reddest of red states.

This was a primary election. What if this guy loses to the Democrat in the general while the other Republican might have actually beaten the Democrat? Doesn't that hurt your cause more than it helps it, especially with a 50/50 senate?

The election was for Governor, not Congress.

And now he will get slaughtered in the general election and the Democrats will flip the seat. You do understand the difference between a primary and general election, right?
Matters not...the Democrat was going to win in November. (Both candidates were fairly weak, though Diehl was the weaker one.)
Doubtful. Especially not after two more years of Democrats and their ruinous policies.
Not in Marxachusetts.
This was a primary election. What if this guy loses to the Democrat in the general while the other Republican might have actually beaten the Democrat? Doesn't that hurt your cause more than it helps it, especially with a 50/50 senate?
This is MASSACHUSETTS. A Republican governor is worthless, because he can't actually accomplish anything. (Can't sustain a veto.)

Still, to my knowledge, there has never been any proof that these types of things actually change election results, but merely represent a dent in the results.

I am not so sure. There is no good way to prove it, but I think Rush's Operation Chaos played a strong role in Obama getting the nomination over Hillary.

Who's hoping. This race is not winnable. Every poll that has been taken has shown Diehl getting completely blown away in the general election.
Hmm, sounds a lot like the arrogance proceeding the 2016 election where Hillary was touted as having a 98% chance of winning certainty.

This is Massachusetts, you tard, not Oklahoma.
Gee, I wouldn't brag about that. Oklahoma is a very nice friendly place I hear, while Boston SUCKS doggy diapers from everyone I talk to!

I am not so sure. There is no good way to prove it, but I think Rush's Operation Chaos played a strong role in Obama getting the nomination over Hillary.
I just don't know. Trump won in 2016 because he wasn't a politician, wasn't politically correct, and wasn't part of a dynasty that is annointed, like Hillary was. Jeb Bush was in the primaries against Trump and was very quickly disposed of. Voters were tired of the same ole same ole and tired of dynasties. They wanted someone to shake up Washington. In fact, Obama ran on changing the way Washington works. Unfortunately, he didn't do it and became one of them. That could be why Obama beat Hillary because even then she was the annointed one from the dynasty while Obama attacked DC. I think you're giving Rush far too much credit.

Hmm, sounds a lot like the arrogance proceeding the 2016 election where Hillary was touted as having a 98% chance of winning certainty.

HILLARY! 2016!!! 98 % CHANGE OF WINNING!! ALL THE POLLS LIE!

WASH RINSE REPEAT

2018 - All the polls point to Republicans getting their asses kicked in the midterms. They lose 41 House seats, seven governorships, and a bunch of state legislative majorities just like the polls said.

BUT BUT BUT!!

WASH RINSE REPEAT

2020 - All the polls point to Donald Trump getting clobbered in his reelection bid. Trump loses, Biden wins, just as the polls said

BUT BUT BUT!!

WASH RINSE REPEAT

2022 - A Trumpster gets nominated to be the gubernatorial candidate in one of the bluest states in the country in which everyone with even an ounce of sense knows he can't win and all the polls are showing him losing in a blowout.

BUT BUT BUT!!

WASH RINSE REPEAT

Forum List

Back