Another Republican President, Another Recession

Hold on!

You are equating the 2008 Recession to what is going on now?

First off a Virus that originated in China that spread World Wide because the Chinese Government did not contain it is what threw our country into this Recession or better yet Depression we are facing!

Funny, China has done a better job at containing this virus than we have. But do go on with the racism, it's always comforting for you.

Also let be clear many have stated this is actually uncharted waters for an Election year, so as you attempt to use the deaths of thousands and China failure and them also crashing the market to believe this is a win for Democrats, well we will see but let be clear many Americans might just disagree with your asinine comparison seeing they have nothing in common except a Republican is President...

Oh, I think when this is all over, when people realized that he put his idiot son-in-law in charge of the response, when they realize he disbanded the Pandemic Response Team, when they find out he tried to withhold resources to placed that needed it to prop up states he wants to win in November, people will turn on him. In fact, they already are. When the virus is done and people are feeling the economic after effects of lost wages and lost jobs, they'll look to take it out on someone.

Bush-41 had little to do with the economic collapse in 1990 and by 1992, things were actually starting to get better. People STILL voted him out of office.

Remember Democrats controlled the Senate and House in 2008, so ummm let see the only thing the Republicans controlled then was the Oval Office.

Oh, before you scream " liar ", Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House in 2008 and Harry Reid was Senate Majority Leader and they took their positions in 2007, so remember that when selling your bullshit!

Okay, the problem with this was 1) The crisis didn't start in 2007, the problems probably go back to the previous recession, when the housing boom was started and then peaked and 2) Bush was in charge of all the agencies that were supposed to be watching the banks to make sure they didn't do exactly what they did.

Funny, China has done a better job at containing this virus than we have.

You're not very bright, are you?

Bush-41 had little to do with the economic collapse in 1990 and by 1992, things were actually starting to get better.

Starting?

View attachment 319100
Sure he did great, just responsible for greatest recession ever, only to be outdone by our impeached orange orangutan, dj chump, with even worst recession, likely a depression. Remember "Pandemic is a Hoax"?

Bush-41 had little to do......

Sure he did great, just responsible for greatest recession ever,

Dude, don't bogart that joint.
I guess it's easier to defend Obama's saving auto industry, real estate, and global economy, than to have to come up with lame excuses for economic disasters like the one bush jr caused, and debacle by donnie...

Yes, imaginary things are easier to defend.

Speaking of imaginary things,
tell me more about how -0.1% GDP in 1990 was the "greatest recession ever"

In looking at the political implications of this horror show, one need only recall the 2008 Great Recession. The causes of that financial collapse — e.g., unregulated financial instruments, negligence from ratings companies, lender deception, the Federal Reserve’s failure to act — were complicated. Nevertheless, the politicians who resisted warnings (from then-Harvard professor Elizabeth Warren, among other people) and favored a Wild West deregulated financial industry have unique culpability. And the party in charge at the time — the Republicans — bore the brunt of the voters wrath at the polls. Do we imagine this domestic debacle will play out differently?

The short answer? No.
It never fails.
A group that for Bush Jr twice and trump should be mentally evaluated.

I said our economy is compromised right now caused by a virus that originated in China and fucked the global economy. You people blame Trump for that yet cut China and the World Health Organization /UN a pass for their cover up and improper information dissemination.

If I could vote out the leaders of China and the WHO, I would.

I can't. Trump. We can totally vote his incompetent ass out of office and we should.

Trump fucked this up, just watch him spin to blame anyone else.

Or you could say "another democrat majority in congress-another recession". The 2008 economic collapse was engineered by a single democrat congressman, Barney Frank. With the new democrat majority in Bush's 2nd term Frank became House Banking Chairperson with oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told America that Fannie was solvent and thriving when it was on the brink of collapse. Either Frank was thoroughly incompetent or he worked to create the biggest October surprise in history. Is that what democrats have planned this year?

I think he was referring to the 2008 Recession.

For the 1990 Recession... (Two Bushes, three recessions, so hard to keep track)

Dec 31, 19911.17%
Sep 30, 1991-0.10%
Jun 30, 1991-0.54%
Mar 31, 1991-0.95%

We had three quarters of contraction in 1990, which is what caused the recession. Mind, you, it was probably mild compared to 2001 or 2008 or what is coming in 2020.

But then you got to ask yourself, why in God's name we keep electing Republicans if they keep giving us recessions?

Or you could say "another democrat majority in congress-another recession". The 2008 economic collapse was engineered by a single democrat congressman, Barney Frank.

yes, Barney Frank did it all. Because back in the 1990's, his boyfriend worked for Freddie Mac.

With the new democrat majority in Bush's 2nd term Frank became House Banking Chairperson with oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told America that Fannie was solvent and thriving when it was on the brink of collapse. Either Frank was thoroughly incompetent or he worked to create the biggest October surprise in history. Is that what democrats have planned this year?

Fannie Mae wasn't the cause of the 2008 collapse. the trigger was Bear-Sterns, then all the other banks fell like dominoes.

For the 1990 Recession... (Two Bushes, three recessions, so hard to keep track)

Dec 31, 19911.17%
Sep 30, 1991-0.10%
Jun 30, 1991-0.54%
Mar 31, 1991-0.95%

We had three quarters of contraction in 1990, which is what caused the recession. Mind, you, it was probably mild compared to 2001 or 2008 or what is coming in 2020.

But then you got to ask yourself, why in God's name we keep electing Republicans if they keep giving us recessions?

Yes, he stupidly confused GHW Bush with GW Bush.

Because Democrats suck.

Or you could say "another democrat majority in congress-another recession". The 2008 economic collapse was engineered by a single democrat congressman, Barney Frank.

yes, Barney Frank did it all. Because back in the 1990's, his boyfriend worked for Freddie Mac.

With the new democrat majority in Bush's 2nd term Frank became House Banking Chairperson with oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told America that Fannie was solvent and thriving when it was on the brink of collapse. Either Frank was thoroughly incompetent or he worked to create the biggest October surprise in history. Is that what democrats have planned this year?

Fannie Mae wasn't the cause of the 2008 collapse. the trigger was Bear-Sterns, then all the other banks fell like dominoes.

Fannie Mae wasn't the cause of the 2008 collapse.

How many sub-prime mortgages did Fannie Mae purchase?

In looking at the political implications of this horror show, one need only recall the 2008 Great Recession. The causes of that financial collapse — e.g., unregulated financial instruments, negligence from ratings companies, lender deception, the Federal Reserve’s failure to act — were complicated. Nevertheless, the politicians who resisted warnings (from then-Harvard professor Elizabeth Warren, among other people) and favored a Wild West deregulated financial industry have unique culpability. And the party in charge at the time — the Republicans — bore the brunt of the voters wrath at the polls. Do we imagine this domestic debacle will play out differently?

The short answer? No.

Dopey Donald Trump is setting himself up to be the biggest debt amassing POTUS ever. He will accumulate more debt in one term than Obama did in two terms.

The budget deficit for 2020 is likely to be $ 8+ trillion on top of $ 3 trillion Trump previously accumulated since 2017.

This is like blaming the 2001 New York City budget deficit on the New York City director of public works for clean up of the destroyed WTC buildings.

In fact, just to show our fellow board members here just how stupid you are, your side of the aisle are the ones wanting Trump to spend even more money helping Americans through this crisis.
denizan being called stupid again?....that happens in every thread he is in.....even jitts aint that bad.....

You're correct he is much worse!

No, stupidity was elected GW after GH fucked up so bad, but you guys did it anyway. It's like you never learn your lesson.

Irrelevant.. it was that the sub-primes were made in the first place by private banks that was the problem.

You didn't think this through at all, did you?

No, stupidity was elected GW after GH fucked up so bad, but you guys did it anyway. It's like you never learn your lesson.

Irrelevant.. it was that the sub-primes were made in the first place by private banks that was the problem.

You didn't think this through at all, did you?

Irrelevant.. it was that the sub-primes were made in the first place

Really? Hundreds of billions (more than $1 trillion) in purchases of sub-prime mortgages is irrelevant?

That's hilarious!!!
Like most liberal comments about economics.

Really? Hundreds of billions (more than $1 trillion) in purchases of sub-prime mortgages is irrelevant?

That's hilarious!!!

They didn't make the loans, and those loans would have failed no matter who was holding them.

those loans would have failed no matter who was holding them.

Yup. And if not for their $1 trillion plus demand, fewer would have been created.

That's hilarious!!!

They didn't make the loans, and those loans would have failed no matter who was holding them.

Yup. And if not for their $1 trillion plus demand, fewer would have been created.
I keep scratching my head, bush jr took us to worst recession in history towards the end of his second term, yet some less than average beings claim it was the fault of the president 8 years before. Talk 'bout stretching the limits of alternative reality....

This crash is the result of the democrat/Chinese virus. President Trump created the last Boom. That's why democrats are using this virus in the first place. Trump will do it again in his second term.

That's hilarious!!!

I keep scratching my head, bush jr took us to worst recession in history towards the end of his second term, yet some less than average beings claim it was the fault of the president 8 years before. Talk 'bout stretching the limits of alternative reality....

I keep scratching my head

I bet you do that constantly.

bush jr took us to worst recession in history

Worst?

yet some less than average beings

Liberals. What can you do?

claim it was the fault of the president 8 years before.

What are you mumbling about?

The short answer? No.

So the snowflakes are attempting to convince people that the [pending COVID-19-manufactured recession is somehow the fault of the Republicans?

Bwuhahahahahahaha.....

The short answer? No.

So the snowflakes are attempting to convince people that the [pending COVID-19-manufactured recession is somehow the fault of the Republicans?

Bwuhahahahahahaha.....

More specifically, it is trumps fault, he disbanded the pandemic unit, waited too long to stop travel from ghina, and when he did, it was partially, rejected testing approved by WHO that was making difference in china and so korea. When ghina had almost 80k cases, and just a handful in usa, the thug called it a "hoax" that would go away like "miracle", fast forward a few weeks, ghina 81k cases, usa the largest outbreak in world with 400,000 cases and 13,000 dead, and worst economy in a century. THANKS A LOT TRUMP YOU PIECE OF Sh**...

Forum List

Back