Another person claiming animals are the same as people

The idea that we must stop eating meat is basically unscientific and foolish. We are Omnivores and depend on meat for many of our essential ingredients to survive, vegans and vegetarians must take special care and must do specific things to make up for the lose of meat in their diet. I agree we should not abuse animals but yes we should eat meat and that means harvesting animals. I also agree that we should use them in scientific processes for OUR benefit.

The claim it is morally wrong to kill animals is foolish short sighted and I believe IGNORANT. Every animal that is a meat eater KILLS other animals. And failure to control population would result in massive deaths due to starvation of animals and ruination of Human crops.
Vegetarians are vegetable killers anyway, they just refuse to see the truth

Yeah, because a carrot is just like a pig who is as smart or SMARTER than your dog, and has the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old child.

But I'm pretty sure you were joking and not using that as an argument.

Pigs can speak, do math, and talk! Wow. Let's hear them!

Pigs don't have to do any of those things, they are still sentient being who can think, feel, and they are just as smart or even smarter than your dog.

The point, which you either ignored or didn't grasp, was that they are not the same as a carrot, which does not have a brain or the ability to feel pain and suffer.

Don't tell me you're another one who is equating a vegetable with sentient, intelligent animals?
So you know for a fact plants don't feel?

Plants don't have a brain or a central nervous system. But we are not talking about a house plant. We are talking about plant-based FOOD that God created for us to eat. God created foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, etc. for the specific purpose of being food.

So do you really think a good God would create an apple or banana that is designed to be food with the ability to feel pain? Yes or no?
Plants move toward stimulus just like mammals so they clearly feel the warmth of the sun just like we do

Plants move toward stimulus just like mammals so they clearly feel the warmth of the sun just like we do
I'm just going to copy/paste what I just said to the other guy. Maybe you didn't see that post before you posted yours.

Plants don't have a brain or a central nervous system. But we are not talking about a house plant. We are talking about plant-based FOOD that God created for us to eat. God created foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, etc. for the specific purpose of being food.

So do you really think a good God would create an apple or banana that is designed to be food with the ability to feel pain? Yes or no?

I'm just going to copy/paste what I just said to the other guy. Maybe you didn't see that post before you posted yours.

Why do you exclude humans from the rest of the animal kingdom?

Do you think you are special?

Might be delusions of grandeur

No, I don't think we are that special, but again, my perspective is different than yours. I'm coming from a biblical perspective. And according to that, we WERE given a unique role. One which we have screwed up royally, to put it mildly.

The idea that we must stop eating meat is basically unscientific and foolish. We are Omnivores and depend on meat for many of our essential ingredients to survive, vegans and vegetarians must take special care and must do specific things to make up for the lose of meat in their diet. I agree we should not abuse animals but yes we should eat meat and that means harvesting animals. I also agree that we should use them in scientific processes for OUR benefit.

The claim it is morally wrong to kill animals is foolish short sighted and I believe IGNORANT. Every animal that is a meat eater KILLS other animals. And failure to control population would result in massive deaths due to starvation of animals and ruination of Human crops.

Yeah, because a carrot is just like a pig who is as smart or SMARTER than your dog, and has the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old child.

ALL mammals "talk" and form ideas. They even learn to communicate in ways even humans can understand

Read the OP. It was your side mocking the DIFFERENCE. Now you want to say we're all the same WHEN IT SUITS YOUR ARGUMENT.

Read the OP. It was your side mocking the DIFFERENCE. Now you want to say we're all the same WHEN IT SUITS YOUR ARGUMENT.

EXCELLENT point. I forgot that the point of the OP was that we're not the same as animals, but exactly as you said, when it suits THEM, all of a sudden we're animals and no different than them.... which is just a way to excuse violent, predatory barbaric behavior, iyam.

No, I don't think we are that special, but again, my perspective is different than yours. I'm coming from a biblical perspective. And according to that, we WERE given a unique role. One which we have screwed up royally, to put it mildly.
The bible says that humans have dominion over the animals, Jesus took James fishing and he caught and killed fish

Now go play with your blocks kiddy

How do you know that? They have music preferences. That implies cognition.

LOL do you really believe God designed Lions and Wolves to eat bananas.

You are psychotic

ALL mammals "talk" and form ideas. They even learn to communicate in ways even humans can understand

So true. That reminds me of a quote I saw. "They speak in tongues we cannot understand. Their cries fall on deaf ears...yet their plea is always the same..."

So true. That reminds me of a quote I saw. "They speak in tongues we cannot understand. Their cries fall on deaf ears...yet their plea is always the same..."

Why did God give carnivores the teeth to cause pain and death?

Answer that fuckwad

Made by God

tumblr_n8flhgCzGD1tgbnbfo1_1280.jpg

The bible says that humans have dominion over the animals, Jesus took James fishing and he caught and killed fish

As I said to the other guy, "dominion" does not mean "terrorize, exploit and eat the animals." When you read the verse on dominion, in the VERY NEXT VERSE we were given our diet, which was 100% plant-based. (Genesis 1:29)

Again, I did a blog post on this topic. If you are genuinely interested (I won't hold my breath) then just take a few minutes and read it. Of course, it's coming from a Christian perspective, so you likely won't agree with any of it since you're not a Christian, but at least you will see that you are clearly wrong about dominion.

As I said to the other guy, "dominion" does not mean "terrorize, exploit and eat the animals." When you read the verse on dominion, in the VERY NEXT VERSE we were given our diet, which was 100% plant-based. (Genesis 1:29)

Again, I did a blog post on this topic. If you are genuinely interested (I won't hold my breath) then just take a few minutes and read it. Of course, it's coming from a Christian perspective, so you likely won't agree with any of it since you're not a Christian, but at least you will see that you are clearly wrong about dominion.

Actually kid wolves terrorize and eat animals, so do lions tigers and bears. You do agree that God made those creatures right?

Again your argument that God demands that only certain creatures avoid meat is goofy like you

Made by God, the first slaughterhouse
1d1b21f0207e3a6d1c3bc4977c4eaa9d.jpg

And I am sorry but we were never intended to be herbivores, Not God and NOT science support that claim

That is demonstrably false.

Meat eaters do not try and force vegans to eat meat why is it vegans try to force meat eaters to do as they want again?

I am not forcing you to do anything. An exchange of ideas is not "forcing."

But I do think it's kinda amusing that people like you want the principle of "live and let live" to apply to YOU, but you don't apply that same principle to others, including the animals you eat, who are just as smart and feeling as your dog. Why are you forcing your views on them?

I do not think eating animals violates live and let live.

We are granted a conscience and free will to choose.

Within that is a lot of latitude. Every creature has a place and a purpose and I do not believe we were placed above them but alongside.

Should all wolves bears and lions be trained to eat leaves?

I was fully serious, you are clueless

You really are equating a vegetable with a thinking, feeling animal that has the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old child? Seriously?

You really see no difference between cutting into a head of lettuce and cutting into a sentient animal who is screaming for his life?

Come on, I thought you were smarter than that, I hope I didn't give you too much credit.
Do impalas think and feel when a lion ambushes them? Do you want all lions killed because they kill?

Poor slob, why do you hate lions, what did they ever do to you?

We went over this earlier in the thread. I'll paraphrase what I said earlier.

Yes, some eat other animals but that doesn't mean humans should. Some animals also eat their own caca and rape each other, does that means humans should do those things too? Animals are not our moral compass. But if you're going to model the behavior of animals, why be a predator? There are tons of peaceful herbivorous animals, why not use them as your role model?

We have a greater ability to reason, to make wise choices, to have compassionate, etc. So because we are "above" the animals in that sense, that is all the more reason for us to NOT act like barbaric, bloodthirsty predators.

I know you won't agree with this, because I'm pretty sure you're not a Christian? (correct me if I'm wrong) but the reason why some animals eat each other and there is so much violence in this world is because this is a fallen world, it is nothing like the way it was originally, and it's nothing like the way God intended it to be. The way God intended it to be is clear in the pre-fall world and in the new earth and heaven. Peace and harmony. No cruelty, exploitation, abuse and needless killing.
Humans are animals, they have the same rights to live and eat as any other animal. Go climb a tree no one takes you seriously

h-armstrong-roberts-sides-of-beef-hanging-in-a-meat-locker_i-G-56-5634-ITEMG00Z.jpg

Yes, and that bloodthirsty, predatory, selfish mindset that humans have is at the root of all that is wrong with this world.

It won't be that way forever though. But I don't at all expect you to believe that, since you made it pretty clear you're not a Christian.
LOL do you seriously expect my dogs to start eating grass?

You are a moron

Life ignores your hate

30552231953_c801783886_b.jpg

Thanks for confirming what I said.

And talk about projection. The only hate is coming from you, have you read your own posts? ("you're a moron" "poor slob" "nobody takes you seriously" etc)

But no worries, I'm used to getting hate on this topic from folks like you.
You are pushing hate as you expect all carnivores to just die.

That's moronic

Should these baby bears starve because you are projecting hate

5b6d2b4f200000420034a0b2.jpeg
Why would those bears starve?

Actually kid wolves terrorize and eat animals, so do lions tigers and bears. You do agree that God made those creatures right?

Again your argument that God demands that only certain creatures avoid meat is goofy like you

Made by God, the first slaughterhouse
1d1b21f0207e3a6d1c3bc4977c4eaa9d.jpg

That's not the way it was in the beginning. Not according to the bible. The world began to change after the fall, and then it kept going downhill from there. AGAIN, I don't expect you to believe that, since you're not a Christian.

Meat is murder. . . .
Well obviously you have to kill it to eat it. You don't really want to eat roadkill or animals that have died of sickness or disease.

People start getting too much wealth, class, and privilege, farms and ranches are filthy and dirty, and they get all their food at the grocery store if it isn't served to them at a restaurant.

And I am sorry but we were never intended to be herbivores, Not God and NOT science support that claim

That is demonstrably false.

Meat eaters do not try and force vegans to eat meat why is it vegans try to force meat eaters to do as they want again?

I am not forcing you to do anything. An exchange of ideas is not "forcing."

But I do think it's kinda amusing that people like you want the principle of "live and let live" to apply to YOU, but you don't apply that same principle to others, including the animals you eat, who are just as smart and feeling as your dog. Why are you forcing your views on them?

I do not think eating animals violates live and let live.

We are granted a conscience and free will to choose.

Within that is a lot of latitude. Every creature has a place and a purpose and I do not believe we were placed above them but alongside.

Should all wolves bears and lions be trained to eat leaves?

I was fully serious, you are clueless

You really are equating a vegetable with a thinking, feeling animal that has the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old child? Seriously?

You really see no difference between cutting into a head of lettuce and cutting into a sentient animal who is screaming for his life?

Come on, I thought you were smarter than that, I hope I didn't give you too much credit.
Do impalas think and feel when a lion ambushes them? Do you want all lions killed because they kill?

Poor slob, why do you hate lions, what did they ever do to you?

We went over this earlier in the thread. I'll paraphrase what I said earlier.

Yes, some eat other animals but that doesn't mean humans should. Some animals also eat their own caca and rape each other, does that means humans should do those things too? Animals are not our moral compass. But if you're going to model the behavior of animals, why be a predator? There are tons of peaceful herbivorous animals, why not use them as your role model?

We have a greater ability to reason, to make wise choices, to have compassionate, etc. So because we are "above" the animals in that sense, that is all the more reason for us to NOT act like barbaric, bloodthirsty predators.

I know you won't agree with this, because I'm pretty sure you're not a Christian? (correct me if I'm wrong) but the reason why some animals eat each other and there is so much violence in this world is because this is a fallen world, it is nothing like the way it was originally, and it's nothing like the way God intended it to be. The way God intended it to be is clear in the pre-fall world and in the new earth and heaven. Peace and harmony. No cruelty, exploitation, abuse and needless killing.
Humans are animals, they have the same rights to live and eat as any other animal. Go climb a tree no one takes you seriously

h-armstrong-roberts-sides-of-beef-hanging-in-a-meat-locker_i-G-56-5634-ITEMG00Z.jpg

Yes, and that bloodthirsty, predatory, selfish mindset that humans have is at the root of all that is wrong with this world.

It won't be that way forever though. But I don't at all expect you to believe that, since you made it pretty clear you're not a Christian.
LOL do you seriously expect my dogs to start eating grass?

You are a moron

Life ignores your hate

30552231953_c801783886_b.jpg

Thanks for confirming what I said.

And talk about projection. The only hate is coming from you, have you read your own posts? ("you're a moron" "poor slob" "nobody takes you seriously" etc)

But no worries, I'm used to getting hate on this topic from folks like you.
You are pushing hate as you expect all carnivores to just die.

That's moronic

Should these baby bears starve because you are projecting hate

5b6d2b4f200000420034a0b2.jpeg
Why would those bears starve?
You can live on jellybeans but will not be healthy bears are omnivores and need meat to balance their nutrition. So it's ok with you if all lions tigers wolves foxes all starve.

Forum List

Back