Another Example of America's Predatory Free Market System

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

ā€œThe scheme is called Medicare Advantage. But in reality, so-called ā€˜Medicare Advantageā€™ is neither Medicare nor an advantage. Itā€™s actually just private insurance that uses the trusted Medicare name to trick seniors and people with disabilities into enrolling, then profits by denying coverage for necessary medical care.ā€

ā€œThe Nationā€ article "Itā€™s Time to End the Medicare Advantage Scam" by Rep. Ro Khanna, Rep. Mark Pocan and Wendell Potter, offers a glimpse into the future when the Republicans succeed in eliminating Medicare through privatization of the federal program.

As is typical of the GOP, privatization of Medicare will benefit only Big Insurance and the Republicansā€™ political campaign coffers.

Commercials for Medicare Advantage plans hawked by celebrities like Joe Namath, Jimmy Walker, William Shatner, William Devane, and others, are made to appear better and less expensive (free in certain instances) than true Medicare.

Medicare Advantage plans prove what we all have learned from a young age that, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Despite this well-known warning, the suckers are lining up to get screwed, once again, by American capitalismā€™s unregulated free market system.

There was a insurance man that came into the pawn shop one day trying to peddle it.....Everyone else was too polite but I got the nod from the owner and told him to get the fuck out and peddle that shit someplace else.

The federal Medicare Payment Advisory Commissionā€™s 2022 report to Congress found at least $12 billion in overpayments were made to Medicare Advantage plans in 2020 by the federal government.

And earlier this month, the Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against Cigna alleging that the company overcharged the government by tens of millions of dollars.

And not a single person will personally be held accountable.

ā€œThe scheme is called Medicare Advantage. But in reality, so-called ā€˜Medicare Advantageā€™ is neither Medicare nor an advantage. Itā€™s actually just private insurance that uses the trusted Medicare name to trick seniors and people with disabilities into enrolling, then profits by denying coverage for necessary medical care.ā€

ā€œThe Nationā€ article "Itā€™s Time to End the Medicare Advantage Scam" by Rep. Ro Khanna, Rep. Mark Pocan and Wendell Potter, offers a glimpse into the future when the Republicans succeed in eliminating Medicare through privatization of the federal program.

As is typical of the GOP, privatization of Medicare will benefit only Big Insurance and the Republicansā€™ political campaign coffers.

Commercials for Medicare Advantage plans hawked by celebrities like Joe Namath, Jimmy Walker, William Shatner, William Devane, and others, are made to appear better and less expensive (free in certain instances) than true Medicare.

Medicare Advantage plans prove what we all have learned from a young age that, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Despite this well-known warning, the suckers are lining up to get screwed, once again, by American capitalismā€™s unregulated free market system.

Yet another weak-assed stab at freedom and free enterprise by another common statist goofball.

"Medicare Advantage" only exists because of the gubmint Ponzi scheme scam that is its namesake.

when the government runs it its not the free market,,,

when the government runs it its not the free market,,,
Name a market that exists where the government is not involved in at the very least the regulation of the money supply. You can't have a free market without government unless you're bartering goods for goods.

This guy is dumber than dirt and obviously has no idea what these Advantage plans do for us seniors.
I am 82 years young but have stage 3 kidney disease. Over the past 16 years, I have had a multitude of surgical procedures and operations to remove kidney stones at the cost of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Medicare Advantage has NEVER denied my health needs and I have paid almost nothing more than about $160 per month out of my SSC checks. Without this coverage, I would be bankrupt. Stick your clueless opinion in your ear.

This guy is dumber than dirt and obviously has no idea what these Advantage plans do for us seniors.
I am 82 years young but have stage 3 kidney disease. Over the past 16 years, I have had a multitude of surgical procedures and operations to remove kidney stones at the cost of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Medicare Advantage has NEVER denied my health needs and I have paid almost nothing more than about $160 per month out of my SSC checks. Without this coverage, I would be bankrupt. Stick your clueless opinion in your ear.
I suspect it depends on the third party you have coverage with.

Forum List

Back