Medicare Advantage Is A Massive Scam: The Program Rips Off The Tax Payers And It's Own Enrollees

So whose big idea was all of this crap?
  1. 80% coverage
  2. Copays
  3. Out of pocket
  4. Out of network
  5. Medical necessity (being decided by people other than medical professionals)
  6. Uncovered procedure (being decided by people other than Medicare professionals)
  7. Untimely claim
  8. No referral
  9. Inaccurate coding
  10. Incomplete insurance information
  11. COBRA
  12. HMOs
  13. PPOs
  14. For profit healthcare
  15. For "non-profit" healthcare
  16. Employer based healthcare
  17. Religion based healthcare
  18. Veteran based healthcare
  19. etc.
Was any of it ever a "good thing"?
Who (generally speaking) wanted any of this stuff to begin with?
Who asked for it?
Who still wants it now?
Pick as many as you like from below:
  1. The People (government)
  2. Employers
  3. Employees
  4. The poor
  5. The middle class
  6. Workers
  7. Unions
  8. Doctors
  9. Nurses
  10. Hospitals
  11. Insurance companies
  12. Insurance peddlers
  13. Multi-millionaires and billionaires

The system was set up by Johnson. Whatever will you do?
As if it matters who wrote it.
"The system"? Johnson signed the original Medicare bill into law back in 1965. He sure as hell wrote none of it and you clowns are unsurprisingly hopelessly self-distracted again.

Reminder, "The system" expertly critiqued in the OP is called "Medicare Advantage". If you don't like being told to piss off, do try to focus. Stay on topic. From the OP:
As Barbara Caress explains in the Prospect, it was set up back in the late 1990s as a way for those wonderful private insurance companies we all know and love to work their free-market magic on one corner of the system America carved out as publicly run. Once we got business involved, surely the quality of coverage would improve and costs would go down, right?
Again, have costs gone down? Be honest.

"The system"? Johnson signed the original Medicare bill into law back in 1965. He sure as hell wrote none of it and you clowns are unsurprisingly hopelessly self-distracted again.

Reminder, "The system" expertly critiqued in the OP is called "Medicare Advantage". If you don't like being told to piss off, do try to focus. Stay on topic. From the OP:

Costs to whom? Medicare recipients? Of course. That's the whole POINT.

THEY CLOSE THE GAPS IN COVERAGE. GAPS MEAN MONEY.

You don't even know THAT?

Costs to whom? Medicare recipients? Of course. That's the whole POINT.

THEY CLOSE THE GAPS IN COVERAGE. GAPS MEAN MONEY.

You don't even know THAT?
It goes without saying now that you clowns are so obsessed with making MONEY that you can't even focus. But since you refuse to just leave, I'm trying help you. Now watch:

"Costs to whom?" you ask. Good question. Costs to society in general perhaps? Taxpayers? The elderly? Medicare recipients? Presumably, could be any or all of those and more, right?

Now here's the really brilliant part, you shameless turd: I'll bet the answer you seek is right there in the OP itself.. That's right,.. Run along now, stupid.. Go fetch.. You can do it!.. Read it!.. I'm pullin' for ya..

Honestly, Mac, what the hell is wrong with you? You're better than this. I'm sure you don't need the money and even if you did, you're smart enough to find other, far less slimy ways to make a buck in this world these days. Why do you still feel the need to take money from those who've obviously been very deliberately denying "health care" to nearly everyone decade after decade while pretending to offer help? Grow some goddamned conscience back, will ya?

It goes without saying now that you clowns are so obsessed with making MONEY that you can't even focus. But since you refuse to just leave, I'm trying help you. Now watch:

"Costs to whom?" you ask. Good question. Costs to society in general perhaps? Taxpayers? The elderly? Medicare recipients? Presumably, could be any or all of those and more, right?

Now here's the really brilliant part, you shameless turd: I'll bet the answer you seek is right there in the OP itself.. That's right,.. Run along now, stupid.. Go fetch.. You can do it!.. Read it!.. I'm pullin' for ya..

Honestly, Mac, what the hell is wrong with you? You're better than this. I'm sure you don't need the money and even if you did, you're smart enough to find other, far less slimy ways to make a buck in this world these days. Why do you still feel the need to take money from those who've obviously been very deliberately denying "health care" to nearly everyone decade after decade while pretending to offer help? Grow some goddamned conscience back, will ya?
I've already told you, I don't sell these plans. I have no dog in this hunt. It has been a few years since that company brought me in for two days a year.

Medicare recipients save a lot of money with these plans. And, these plans are very popular. I'm sorry, but it's true. Your juvenile personal insults and name-calling notwithstanding.

Now present some specific issues or examples, like a grownup might, or stop humping my leg. Thanks in advance.

I've already told you, I don't sell these plans. I have no dog in this hunt. It has been a few years since that company brought me in for two days a year.

Medicare recipients save a lot of money with these plans. And, these plans are very popular. I'm sorry, but it's true. Your juvenile personal insults and name-calling notwithstanding.

Now present some specific issues or examples, like a grownup might, or stop humping my leg. Thanks in advance.
Translation: I didn't look. I haven't read the OP and I'm never going to. I do make money from Big Insurance, there's just no way I'm going out of my way to admit that here. I came into this defend my bread and butter.. period. Now quit exposing my duplicitous, weaselly bullshit! Thanks!

You're welcome.

Now present some specific issues or examples, like a grownup might
Already done:

So whose big idea was all of this crap?
  1. 80% coverage
  2. Copays
  3. Out of pocket
  4. Out of network
  5. Medical necessity (being decided by people other than medical professionals)
  6. Uncovered procedure (being decided by people other than Medicare professionals)
  7. Untimely claim
  8. No referral
  9. Inaccurate coding
  10. Incomplete insurance information
  11. COBRA
  12. HMOs
  13. PPOs
  14. For profit healthcare
  15. For "non-profit" healthcare
  16. Employer based healthcare
  17. Religion based healthcare
  18. Veteran based healthcare
  19. etc.
Was any of it ever a "good thing"?
Who (generally speaking) wanted any of this stuff to begin with?
Who asked for it?
Who still wants it now?
Pick as many as you like from below:
  1. The People (government)
  2. Employers
  3. Employees
  4. The poor
  5. The middle class
  6. Workers
  7. Unions
  8. Doctors
  9. Nurses
  10. Hospitals
  11. Insurance companies
  12. Insurance peddlers
  13. Multi-millionaires and billionaires
And.. {crickets}

Translation: I didn't look. I haven't read the OP and I'm never going to. I do make money from Big Insurance, there's just no way I'm going out of my way to admit that here. I came into this defend my bread and butter.. period. Now quit exposing my duplicitous, weaselly bullshit! Thanks!

You're welcome.

Already did:

And.. {crickets}
I don't know whose idea it was. I don't know who put the actuarial figures together in 1963.

I don't know who asked for it. I have no data based on profession. I do know that it's popular.

My interest in what we do going forward. Any other worthless questions?

I don't know whose idea it was. I don't know who put the actuarial figures together in 1963.

I don't know who asked for it. I have no data based on profession. I do know that it's popular.

My interest in what we do going forward. Any other worthless questions?
Well, you guys were so busy for so long there, selling yourselves as the forum's greatest experts here on all of this stuff!.. well, I just figured..

Wow, no idea.. huh.. Clearly no curiosity either.. huh..

Well surprise, surprise :sigh2:

Well, you guys were so busy for so long there, selling yourselves as the forum's greatest experts here on all of this stuff!.. well, I just figured..

Wow, no idea.. huh.. Clearly no curiosity either.. huh..

Well surprise, surprise :sigh2:
We know the system. The history of it is irrelevant right now.

You don't know the system like we do. Sorry. I still don't know what you're bitching about.

You really are quite ignorant. What about your life has made you into this bitter, ill tempered old man? Trust me, you telling me to "piss" off has no effect on me at all. I know what I'm talking about, you don't, it truly is just that simple. People who say that are people who have never thought that through.

I know what I'm talking about, you don't, it truly is just that simple.
Simple minded, off topic, self-aggrandizing projection? Yeah, you're simple alright.
We know the system. The history of it is irrelevant right now.

You don't know the system like we do. Sorry. I still don't know what you're bitching about.
Try reading the OP and responding to it appropriately. The history is all that's ever been relevant regarding this topic. Don't like angry Grumblenuts? Simples. Act like an adult and address the topic or go away. You know this is exactly the wrong place to be selling MA plans. You don't give a shit. You know that's the only message you've been sending. Happy Mother's Day, you mothers.

Last edited:
Simple minded, off topic, self-aggrandizing projection? Yeah, you're simple alright.

Try reading the OP and responding to it appropriately. The history is all that's ever been relevant in regard this topic. Don't like angry Grumblenuts? Simples. Act like an adult and address the topic or go away. You know this is exactly the wrong place to be selling MA plans. You don't give a shit. You know that's the only message you've been sending. Happy Mother's Day, you mothers.

Pop you're a dumbass. Where do you live?

I've already told you, I don't sell these plans.
You "don't sell these plans"? Who said these things then?

"Medicare recipients save a lot of money with these plans. And, these plans are very popular."
"They're very good plans."

Did some nefarious weasel sneak in here and mimic you? Final answer?

You "don't sell these plans"? Who said these things then?

"Medicare recipients save a lot of money with these plans. And, these plans are very popular."
"They're very good plans."

Did some nefarious weasel sneak in here and mimic you? Final answer?

Look pig fucker, they meet a price point. MANY can't afford Supplements. It's not a matter of "promoting" them, it's a matter of doing the best you can for the human you're trying to help.

Forum List

Back