Another Corrupt Democrat! Oregon Senator Ron Wyden Pushes Legislation to Expand Semiconductor Production as Family Invests in Them

lock him up, lock them all up

So what is the problem? Right now, our Ford Truck Assembly Plant is shut down for two weeks (the second tie) because of the current shortage of semi-conductors.
The key is he pushed for the expansion AFTER his family invested.

So what is the problem? Right now, our Ford Truck Assembly Plant is shut down for two weeks (the second tie) because of the current shortage of semi-conductors.

So? Unless he profits personally, I see no problem. What my family does is no business of mine.

While I agree that there is obvious insider trading going on, the idea of expanding US production of semiconductors is a good one

I will reserve judgement till I see the details

we dont need any more Solendras

So what? Its not law yet. It may not become law. If you're so positive it will, then no one is stopping you from investing too.

While I agree that there is obvious insider trading going on, the idea of expanding US production of semiconductors is a good one

I will reserve judgement till I see the details

we dont need any more Solendras
Solyndra was a Republican failure. They refused to fund it the way the Chinese funded their infant solar industry. They gave away a multi-trillion industry to the Chinese, and we're just starting to catch up in.

So? Unless he profits personally, I see no problem. What my family does is no business of mine.
It's corruption.

It's corruption.

Actually, it is not. Far be it for e to defend a Democrat, but you are casting your line into a tree fishing for squirrels.

Conflict of Interest?

It's corruption.

Actually, it is not. Far be it for e to defend a Democrat, but you are casting your line into a tree fishing for squirrels.
In politics, even the appearance of a conflict of interest is a problem. I recall the screaming about Dick Cheney and Halliburton. Even though he separated himself from them, he still came under fire when Halliburton was given that contract.

Conflict of Interest?
Exactly. Insider trading at the least. And no one will see the kickback when a member of his family slips him his cut. Hard to prove, but bad optics.

Conflict of Interest?
Exactly. Insider trading at the least. And no one will see the kickback when a member of his family slips him his cut. Hard to prove, but bad optics.

Since the law has not passed, it cannot be insider trading. DUH!

Also, insider trading is usually not applicable to Congresscritters.

Forum List

Back