“17 Tapes” Is The Latest Attempt By Republicans To Smear Joe Biden

So what happened to the 17 tapes conspiracy theory?

Oh, that's right. Even the Trump cult losers have forgotten what it was supposed to be about. They've latched on to the newest moron conspiracy theory, whatever that is.

That's the problem with telling your cult that consistent standards are bad, and the way to avoid consistent standards is to eliminate your long term memory. If you can't even remember you held a different position previously, then your flipflops aren't really flipflops. The Trump cultists can't remember yesterday's conspiracy theory, much less one from two weeks ago.

Here’s a hot tip for anyone trying to peddle a lie: Add a number. Don’t make it too big, or too vague, like “millions.” If you’re talking about stealing an election, 450,000might work. Or 33,000. Or maybe 5,000. But really, all those numbers are a little suspiciously neat. To really make this thing work, the number has to be something solid. Something specific.

Like 17. Now there’s a number.

If you’ve seen that number in the news this week, it’s probably been as part of the latest “scandal” that Republicans have whipped up about President Joe Biden. If you haven’t seen it, count yourself lucky, but don’t think it’s going to last. Because Republicans, led by pidgin expert Sen. Chuck Grassley and whistleblower-hatingRep. James Comer, are claiming that there are “17 tapes” that document their claims of a bribery scandal connected to Biden and his son Hunter.

Have they heard these 17 tapes? No. Have they heard maybe 10 of the tapes? No. How many tapes have they heard? Zero. They’ve heard zero tapes. Because the whole thing is just another part of the extended fantasy tale that Rudy Giuliani brought to them years ago. Like the missing whistleblower and the fake “FBI document,” Republicans know this is all a lie. They just don’t care.

The make-believe scandal that Republicans are now pretending to investigate goes back to May 1, 2019. That’s when Rudy Giulani brought a tale of intrigue, bribery, and blackmail to The New York Times, without any evidence, and the Times did what it does when Guilani brings them anything: They ran it without question.

The claim from the start was based around the fact that while Joe Biden had been vice president, his son Hunter had been on the board of a Ukrainian energy firm called Burisma. In March 2016, Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor named Viktor Shokin, heavily hinting that U.S. aid might be withheld if Shokin wasn’t dropped. From this, Giuliani spun a story that Shokin had been investigating Burisma and Biden had him fired to protect his son’s paycheck.

It took less than a week for Bloomberg News to do what The New York Times had skipped over in their efforts to act as a Giuliani transcription service. Bloomberg sent reporters to Ukraine, interviewed officials, checked with Giuliani’s supposed sources, and looked back at the very well documented, very public events. They immediately showed that everything Giuliani was claiming was nonsense.

The reason that Biden put pressure on Ukraine over Shokin was because he was refusing to investigate Burisma. And not just Burisma. Shokin was such a corrupt prosecutor that he was allowing oligarchs to do as they pleased, so long as they shared a little of their profits. It was actually a probe by the U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office that opened the door on how corrupt Shokin was, and how his failure to investigate was turning Ukraine into a hotspot for international criminals. Getting rid of Shokin was a critical step in the fight against corruption in Ukraine.

Shokin himself has even confirmed that he was never investigating Burisma, which is all the testimony that’s needed to show that the whole thing is a farce. The truth is that Biden completely ignored how his actions might damage his son’s income in order to do the right thing in stopping corruption. And, no matter what Giuliani, Trump, or innumerable Republicans have said since then, there is not, was not, has not been, any evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe Biden or Hunter Biden in Ukraine.

But just because a crime doesn’t exist has never stopped Republicans from continuing to “investigate.” Since Republicans gained control of the House, that has meant Rep. James Comer cornponing his way across right-wing media repeating claims he knows are not true. Because truth has f*** all to do with it.

Here’s a number for you. 18

That’s how many months are left before the Democrats take back the House.
The neat thing about being a Trumpster, no doubt, is running around with your hair on fire with each new "blockbuster, we've got him now!" conspiracy theory, and then just moving on to the next one when it's summarily debunked.

How many "blockbuster" stories have we seen about the "rigged election" here? Hundreds?

They should be embarrassed, but I don't think cultists are capable of feeling shame.

Biden is already smeared.
Yep, smeared by the usual supporters of Trumpism:

Trumpism and its Discontents | Othering & Belonging Institute

Here are some examples of TRUMPISMS:
  • "I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."
  • "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud"
  • "Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision."
  • "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best...They're bringing drugs. They're bring crime. They're rapists… And some, I assume, are good people."
  • "The beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
  • "It's freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!"
  • "I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
  • "My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body."
  • "I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."
  • "I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful."
  • "The point is, you can never be too greedy."
  • "I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist."
  • "I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down"

Yep, smeared by the usual supporters of Trumpism:

Trumpism and its Discontents | Othering & Belonging Institute

Here are some examples of TRUMPISMS:
  • "I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."
  • "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud"
  • "Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision."
  • "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best...They're bringing drugs. They're bring crime. They're rapists… And some, I assume, are good people."
  • "The beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
  • "It's freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!"
  • "I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
  • "My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body."
  • "I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."
  • "I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful."
  • "The point is, you can never be too greedy."
  • "I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist."
  • "I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down"
You forgot 3 Trumpisms on the SCOTUS.

The walls are closing in Biden.....
Really? Are you sure? Your comment above makes us wonder, which Biden has closing in on who? Once upon a time, it seems you are out of touch with reality.

Hmmm...I suppose you are wishfully believing - rarely thinking.

Here’s a hot tip for anyone trying to peddle a lie: Add a number. Don’t make it too big, or too vague, like “millions.” If you’re talking about stealing an election, 450,000might work. Or 33,000. Or maybe 5,000. But really, all those numbers are a little suspiciously neat. To really make this thing work, the number has to be something solid. Something specific.

Like 17. Now there’s a number.

If you’ve seen that number in the news this week, it’s probably been as part of the latest “scandal” that Republicans have whipped up about President Joe Biden. If you haven’t seen it, count yourself lucky, but don’t think it’s going to last. Because Republicans, led by pidgin expert Sen. Chuck Grassley and whistleblower-hatingRep. James Comer, are claiming that there are “17 tapes” that document their claims of a bribery scandal connected to Biden and his son Hunter.

Have they heard these 17 tapes? No. Have they heard maybe 10 of the tapes? No. How many tapes have they heard? Zero. They’ve heard zero tapes. Because the whole thing is just another part of the extended fantasy tale that Rudy Giuliani brought to them years ago. Like the missing whistleblower and the fake “FBI document,” Republicans know this is all a lie. They just don’t care.

The make-believe scandal that Republicans are now pretending to investigate goes back to May 1, 2019. That’s when Rudy Giulani brought a tale of intrigue, bribery, and blackmail to The New York Times, without any evidence, and the Times did what it does when Guilani brings them anything: They ran it without question.

The claim from the start was based around the fact that while Joe Biden had been vice president, his son Hunter had been on the board of a Ukrainian energy firm called Burisma. In March 2016, Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor named Viktor Shokin, heavily hinting that U.S. aid might be withheld if Shokin wasn’t dropped. From this, Giuliani spun a story that Shokin had been investigating Burisma and Biden had him fired to protect his son’s paycheck.

It took less than a week for Bloomberg News to do what The New York Times had skipped over in their efforts to act as a Giuliani transcription service. Bloomberg sent reporters to Ukraine, interviewed officials, checked with Giuliani’s supposed sources, and looked back at the very well documented, very public events. They immediately showed that everything Giuliani was claiming was nonsense.

The reason that Biden put pressure on Ukraine over Shokin was because he was refusing to investigate Burisma. And not just Burisma. Shokin was such a corrupt prosecutor that he was allowing oligarchs to do as they pleased, so long as they shared a little of their profits. It was actually a probe by the U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office that opened the door on how corrupt Shokin was, and how his failure to investigate was turning Ukraine into a hotspot for international criminals. Getting rid of Shokin was a critical step in the fight against corruption in Ukraine.

Shokin himself has even confirmed that he was never investigating Burisma, which is all the testimony that’s needed to show that the whole thing is a farce. The truth is that Biden completely ignored how his actions might damage his son’s income in order to do the right thing in stopping corruption. And, no matter what Giuliani, Trump, or innumerable Republicans have said since then, there is not, was not, has not been, any evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe Biden or Hunter Biden in Ukraine.

But just because a crime doesn’t exist has never stopped Republicans from continuing to “investigate.” Since Republicans gained control of the House, that has meant Rep. James Comer cornponing his way across right-wing media repeating claims he knows are not true. Because truth has f*** all to do with it.

Here’s a number for you. 18

That’s how many months are left before the Democrats take back the House.
Biden has no chance of survival, he’s guilty and everyone knows it…except individuals such as yourself…

Trump's worst day he would be better than Biden. Hope that helps.
You really don't believe The Donald hasn't destroyed our democracy; the millions of voters who voted for him won't do so again; trump is a grifter, a narcissist, a liar and the worst President ever to serve our nation!

You really don't believe The Donald hasn't destroyed our democracy; the millions of voters who voted for him won't do so again; trump is a grifter, a narcissist, a liar and the worst President ever to serve our nation!
Trump did nothing to democracy. You idiots have turned it into fascism.

LOL If you aren't a damn liar, you are insane. Which is it? There is no middle ground, though it is possible you are both a liar and insane.
If you cannot see how unfair and un American this illegitimate administration is you are the liar. Insane no, evil yes.

If you cannot see how unfair and un American this illegitimate administration is you are the liar. Insane no, evil yes.
There is no credible evidence to prove the Presidential Election of 2020 is stolen; NONE. Thus, people like you are lying on the Internet for some odd reason.

Make a reason to support trump?

This below is only one reason not to vote for trump:

A Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition of trump in which he has an unreasonably high sense of their own importance; he needs and seeks too much attention and wants people to admire him. People with this disorder lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others.

Forum List

Back