And Obama Thinks This Is Affordable

The biggest fail will be people not being able to afford to go to doctor. And remember subsidiaries wont be there forever.

The Doctor doesn't cost any different.

If your deductible went up, your premium went down. Probably should be responsible and save the difference and apply it towards deductible expenses.

My premium went down $8.00 wow

$8.00, down.

That's $8.00, plus what was the average yearly increase of about 15%. Plus after deductible is met, there's no copays.

If your deductible went up, your premium went down. Probably should be responsible and save the difference and apply it towards deductible expenses.

$8.00, down.

That's $8.00, plus what was the average yearly increase of about 15%. Plus after deductible is met, there's no copays.

I will never meet the high deductible. that's the catch of Obamacare.

$8.00, down.

Then you chose one too high.

There were many choices, you know.

I have a high deductible plan and it's $2500 employer $2500 employee for family. It was met in December when my 2 year old was Hospitalized. The rest of my year until December 1, 2014 is covered in full.

$8.00, down.

I have a high deductible plan and it's $2500 employer $2500 employee for family. It was met in December when my 2 year old was Hospitalized. The rest of my year until December 1, 2014 is covered in full.

so many of us do not get to choose we are given under Obama law. and you better check your year to year date. and before Obamacare my outta pocket was never more than 20.00 a visit

Last edited:

so many of us do not get to choose we are given under Obama law. and you better check your year to year date. and before Obamacare my outta pocket was never more than 20.00 a visit

:cuckoo: There's plenty of choices.

If you don't like your employer's options, you have an exchange to choose from.

Check my year to date?>

My eff date (open enrollment date) is Dec 1 to Dec 1.

Probably sometime this year.

Then we'll have to wait for who knows how long for these mental deficients to figure out what to do for all of the people they screwed out of their health coverage. Meanwhile, forget about having that surgery done that you've been putting off.

Oh, and some people are already talking about having to give up their gun ownership rights in some states just to get treated. Obamacare will be a way for Democrats to tell us what to do in every part of our lives.

Well first off..I have a non-union job in the financial sector. This hasn't affected me at all.

And you still haven't mention what the criteria looks like.

Something like:
-HMOs will fail completely.
-Hospitals will close.
-There will be no way for the average citizen to get health care.

And you keep the time frame open ended. "Some time" this year?

So..lets get down to brass tacks.

When will it "fail" and what will the failure look like?

So because you think it doesn't effect you, you don't care.

Duly noted.

Problem is, what effects millions of Americans will have a ripple effect on everyone. When you walk into your doctor's office you'll discover that they want to know everything about you, and they will want to know if you can pay for your treatment yourself.

I thought the purpose of the ACA was to provide health care to those who don't have it, not take away health care from those who already have it.

And requiring a specific date of when it will fail is a total cop-out on your part. You consider any argument invalid unless they can tell the future in every detail. Nobody knows what exactly will happen in the coming years. We just know that it will be a train-wreck when it happens and it won't hit all at once.

You still haven't answered any of what I asked you in the post.

Give me a time frame and criteria.

The biggest fail will be people not being able to afford to go to doctor. And remember subsidiaries wont be there forever.

Better than it going up..no?

Check my year to date?>

Q: My employer offers a plan, but I don’t like it. Can I buy an individual plan on the exchange and perhaps qualify for a subsidy? And what about my spouse?

A: Not likely. If your employer offers meaningful, affordable coverage, you cannot qualify for a subsidy in the exchange. A plan is considered unaffordable if the employees’ share of employee-only coverage is more than 9.5 percent of their household income or if the plan pays for less than 60 percent of covered health care expenses.

If your employer plan doesn’t cover dependents, or if the cost to cover you alone is unaffordable, your spouse could qualify for subsidized coverage in the exchange.

so you were not insured before Obamacare?

Check my year to date?>

Q: My employer offers a plan, but I don’t like it. Can I buy an individual plan on the exchange and perhaps qualify for a subsidy? And what about my spouse?

A: Not likely. If your employer offers meaningful, affordable coverage, you cannot qualify for a subsidy in the exchange. A plan is considered unaffordable if the employees’ share of employee-only coverage is more than 9.5 percent of their household income or if the plan pays for less than 60 percent of covered health care expenses.

If your employer plan doesn’t cover dependents, or if the cost to cover you alone is unaffordable, your spouse could qualify for subsidized coverage in the exchange.

Huh? I'm not on a subsidy.

I'm under an employer based plan, also.

But anyways, you just posted that you wouldn't qualify for a subsidy, not that you didn't have plan choices. If you didn't like your employer based plan, you could have gotten a plan on the exchange.

Subsidy or not subsidy - aside, you had choices.

Check my year to date?>

But anyways, you just posted that you wouldn't qualify for a subsidy, not that you didn't have plan choices. If you didn't like your employer based plan, you could have gotten a plan on the exchange.

why did the idiot want to change my good plan to a bad plan? All choices now give you the same bad plan. And next year it will get worse.

why did the idiot want to change my good plan to a bad plan? All choices now give you the same bad plan. And next year it will get worse.

I'm sorry, who changed your plan from a good one to a bad one, and why did you sign on instead of shopping the exchange if you hate it so much?

Well first off..I have a non-union job in the financial sector. This hasn't affected me at all.

And you still haven't mention what the criteria looks like.

Something like:
-HMOs will fail completely.
-Hospitals will close.
-There will be no way for the average citizen to get health care.

And you keep the time frame open ended. "Some time" this year?

So..lets get down to brass tacks.

When will it "fail" and what will the failure look like?

So because you think it doesn't effect you, you don't care.

Duly noted.

Problem is, what effects millions of Americans will have a ripple effect on everyone. When you walk into your doctor's office you'll discover that they want to know everything about you, and they will want to know if you can pay for your treatment yourself.

I thought the purpose of the ACA was to provide health care to those who don't have it, not take away health care from those who already have it.

And requiring a specific date of when it will fail is a total cop-out on your part. You consider any argument invalid unless they can tell the future in every detail. Nobody knows what exactly will happen in the coming years. We just know that it will be a train-wreck when it happens and it won't hit all at once.

You still haven't answered any of what I asked you in the post.

Give me a time frame and criteria.

Can't give you something when there are too many variables that are built into the system.

The law is designed to cause any number of reactions. Anyone who is inside the health care system already can tell you this. Nobody knows what's going to happen next. There is now a real fear that nothing this administration says can be trusted. Because of this doctor's will refuse to cover patients and insurers will refuse to pay claims.

I'm sorry, who changed your plan from a good one to a bad one, and why did you sign on instead of shopping the exchange if you hate it so much?
so what was yours like before Dec 1

It was well more expensive monthly and the catastrophic coverage maxes weren't adequate to protect from bankruptcy type situations, had a $45 copay and covered most low ball stuff.

And the new one is well less expensive, covers everything without maxes, has no copays, but has a large deductible.

I'm not on any subsidy.

Q: I did the math and it seems like a family of four (two adults age 40) and two children would pay about $12,000 a year in premiums for a silver plan, along with 70 percent of the medical costs and $1000 to $3,000 deductibles. That’s a lot of money. I heard there are limits on how much you have to spend on premiums and out-of-pocket expenses. Can you explain?

A: The law limits the percentage of your income that you have to spend on premiums, as well as the amount you have to spend out-of-pocket on deductibles and cost sharing.

The premium limits vary from 2 percent to 9.5 percent, depending on income. Out-of-pocket expense limit, which changes each year; will be $6,350 for an individual and $12,700 for a family in 2014.

Out-of-pocket expenses include money spent on reaching your deductible and cost sharing (coinsurance and co-pays) but not premium costs. This applies to individual plans sold both inside and outside the exchange.

Q: Can you give me an example of how the out-of-pocket cap works?

A: Say you have a plan with a $2,500 deductible. You fall off your skateboard and break a lot of things you think you might need later on in life.

If you have a “silver” level plan that pays 70 percent, you’ll pay 30 percent of your $50,000 hospital bill — you needed lots of fixing — until you’ve paid out $6,350, which is your (maximum out-of-pocket for the year).

Insurance kicks in at that point. You still have to pay the premiums, but you’re done paying health care expenses — so long as they are for “essential health benefits” — for the year.

u fornutly youve been going to the wrong sites ...here is a document from the ACA on how much a family of 4 would pay according to their income because thats how its structured... you may have to click on it it will go to a bigger picture

Attachments

• $subsidy-family-four.jpg
    $subsidy-family-four.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 78

It was well more expensive monthly and the catastrophic coverage maxes weren't adequate to protect from bankruptcy type situations, had a $45 copay and covered most low ball stuff.

And the new one is well less expensive, covers everything without maxes, has no copays, but has a large deductible.

I'm not on any subsidy.
so the deductible is less than what the co pay cost you yearly.

I'm not on any subsidy.

No, the deductible is more than what copays would be yearly..... But the coverage is way more protective for anything catastrophic and the monthly premium is roughly $60 less per month.

But in a usual year, we wouldn't even meet the deductible with services b/c we're healthy to begin with, either.

as you can see a family of 4 who makes 94,200 will pay 8,290 for the year or 691 dollars a month which turns out to be a 172 dollars a month per person ...where ever you get your info from is beyond me ... how about going to the web site ... it will tell you how much you will pay and how much of a subsidy you will get ... and what your co-pays are and your deductibles are ... they are based on what you as a person want to pay for ...

Last edited:

I'm not on any subsidy.

No, the deductible is more than what copays would be yearly..... But the coverage is way more protective for anything catastrophic and the monthly premium is roughly $60 less per month.

But in a usual year, we wouldn't even meet the deductible with services b/c we're healthy to begin with, either.

the change from co-pay to deductible is Obamas pay off to the insurance companies. more people will pay premiums and get no coverage pay so with lower cost of premiums the insurers still reap the glory

I'm not on any subsidy.

you need to compare plans between the catastrophic coverage and what you get now .... and you need to compare the cost to do so you need to get your information from the ACA site and not some right wing site... WHY because they are the ones who count... most catastrophic plans have a deductible of 5000 dollars or more they also have a cap on their coverage ... basically you could be bankrupt in one month of using a catastrophic plan ... where the silver plan with a 1200 deductible ( which I have now) is handle this way ....when you pay that 1200 dollars you are cover 100% for the year on anything you go to the doctor for... in a catastrophic coverage you keep paying the deductible every time you go.... get it??? you are losing every time you go to the doctor for a major illness ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back