America's Poorest White Town

Diversity programs are still necessary. Companies should go out of their way to hire blacks because so many go out of their way to not. And Republicans don't want to do anything about that. Let the free market decide.

So blacks don't vote for you because of such policies.

My view is that the vast majority of employers, have formal and informal policies of "going out of their way to hire or promote blacks", as you and your brother and I have often witnessed.

It is worth noting, that having this disagreement between us, is an honest disagreement about what other people are doing. IT is NOT a belief of anything about blacks being wacially inferior, or what have you.

It is thus a valid political disagreement. It is not wacist.

That blacks vote for those that want to increase discrimination in their favor, does not make Republicans wacist.

My view is that the vast majority of employers, have formal and informal policies of "going out of their way to hire or promote blacks", as you and your brother and I have often witnessed.

It is worth noting, that having this disagreement between us, is an honest disagreement about what other people are doing. IT is NOT a belief of anything about blacks being wacially inferior, or what have you.

It is thus a valid political disagreement. It is not wacist.

That blacks vote for those that want to increase discrimination in their favor, does not make Republicans wacist.
I think the pendulum is swinging back in your favor here. In the end, a lot of people who are struggling, it's because of personal decisions either they made, their parents made or their grandparents made.

And if my father can come to this country and his son becomes a VP of a fortune 500 company, that doesn't suggest racism. Yes he's white. But he also went to a top school, got a masters, showed up early, stayed late, was successful when put on projects, didn't argue with his bosses, was willing to travel and transfer to another country and move the family when the company asked him to, got along with co workers.

We know that it's possible for a poor white person to get out of poverty because my brother and I watched my parents do it. We saw two poor high school educated whites get out of poverty. If blacks would like to know how they did it they can ask.

Are blacks saying it's not possible because they are black? Really? With all the diversity programs designed to promote blacks who apply themselves?

Crime and violence are a function of poverty, and lack of opportunity, not race. But it turns out that the white rural areas with high opioid abuse are just as violent and criminal as the inner cities.

In Northern Ireland, it was the Catholics versus the Protestants. The Catholics were lazy, immoral and stupid. They were poor because they bred like rabbits, and were drunken louts, not because the Protestants controlled the economy and the jobs, and persecuted the Catholics.

The feeble minded idiots, like yourself, parrot all of these racist lies every time the topic comes up but all you succeed in proving is just how uninformed and gullible you truly are. Your entire post is just racist garbage Republican tell you to keep poor people divided.
Feeble minded idiot? What racist lies did I parrot? What have I said that is racist?

I think the pendulum is swinging back in your favor here. In the end, a lot of people who are struggling, it's because of personal decisions either they made, their parents made or their grandparents made.

And if my father can come to this country and his son becomes a VP of a fortune 500 company, that doesn't suggest racism. Yes he's white. But he also went to a top school, got a masters, showed up early, stayed late, was successful when put on projects, didn't argue with his bosses, was willing to travel and transfer to another country and move the family when the company asked him to, got along with co workers.

We know that it's possible for a poor white person to get out of poverty because my brother and I watched my parents do it. We saw two poor high school educated whites get out of poverty. If blacks would like to know how they did it they can ask.

Are blacks saying it's not possible because they are black? Really? With all the diversity programs designed to promote blacks who apply themselves?

IMO, it is time to stop discriminating against poor whites who are trying to get ahead.

How did this occur and why are all the racists on this site obsessing with so called "black culture" and the alleged failings of the black community
Alleged failings? It's like saying alleged murders, alleged crimes, alleged fatherless children, alleged low IQ, alleged illiteracy, alleged societal parasites, ... well, you get the drift.

IMO, it is time to stop discriminating against poor whites who are trying to get ahead.
I don't think poor whites have a problem. My brother was a poor white. He became a VP of a Fortune 500 company. In fact a lot of VP's come from middle class families who may have started off poor. But not a lot of blacks. Part of the reason is white hiring managers early on don't hire blacks because of bias. Then mid level managers don't promote minorities and women. And so not a lot of women or blacks to choose from at the top. Systemic problem bro. Sorry, you'll never convince me.

I never say you're completely wrong. In fact you're probably 51% right. Maybe 49%.

It's sad so many successful whites have a story about their poor immigrant parents but not a lot of blacks have this story. I'll agree, their behavior and attitude towards education play a factor in the results but so does bias and systemic racism.

I don't think poor whites have a problem. My brother was a poor white. He became a VP of a Fortune 500 company. In fact a lot of VP's come from middle class families who may have started off poor. But not a lot of blacks. Part of the reason is white hiring managers early on don't hire blacks because of bias. Then mid level managers don't promote minorities and women. And so not a lot of women or blacks to choose from at the top. Systemic problem bro. Sorry, you'll never convince me.

I never say you're completely wrong. In fact you're probably 51% right. Maybe 49%.

A.A. was .... one thing when blacks were 9% of the population.

Today, they are more. And there have been massive increases in browns and asians. AND women are now part of the a.a. And Handicapped. And blah, blah, blah, blah.

You got a poor white guy, how many good jobs can he miss out on, to be given to some poor deserving black man, or brown man, or white woman, or what have you, before he runs out of chances?

Look back at your life. HOw many of your "breaks" would you have to be cheated of, to ruin your life?

It's sad so many successful whites have a story about their poor immigrant parents but not a lot of blacks have this story. I'll agree, their behavior and attitude towards education play a factor in the results but so does bias and systemic racism.

It is not moral to support formal, and legal, and backed by law discrimination against whites, in order to make up for possible discrimination against blacks.

YOu are still looking at whites, many of them poor, trying to get ahead, and deciding, "let's fuck them".

How about, let's NOT fuck them?

It is not moral to support formal, and legal, and backed by law discrimination against whites, in order to make up for possible discrimination against blacks.

YOu are still looking at whites, many of them poor, trying to get ahead, and deciding, "let's fuck them".

How about, let's NOT fuck them?
Diversity programs shouldn't screw whites. They are designed to stop screwing blacks. Many times a black should have got the job but the hiring manager was white so.....and they don't even realize they're doing it. Stop this and things will be fair. I want what's fair.

During the Depression of the 1930's , organized crime was a major problem in America.

It is estimated that in Chicago alone, there were 1300 organized street gangs during that era, and the homocide rate reached a historical high of 9.7 per 100,000.

Where do you think that those criminals came from?

I am making an educated guess that the homicide rate back then mostly involved bad guys killing rival bad guys.

Today the homicide rate is high because bad guys are attacking perfectly innocent people.

Such as the Asian woman who has just died after a bad guy beat the blank out of her with a rock!

I am making an educated guess that the homicide rate back then mostly involved bad guys killing rival bad guys.

Today the homicide rate is high because bad guys are attacking perfectly innocent people.

Such as the Asian woman who has just died after a bad guy beat the blank out of her with a rock!

I'm not justifying nor defending today's violence at all.

It was YOU who brought up the Depression era, and stated that even in that era, white people were not as violent as the so called "OTHER RACE" that you frequently reference, so that is what I was responding to, just to provide you with some clarity.

Speaking for myself, I am personally opposed to violence in any way.....unless someone threatens me or my family.

And if that were to happen, I would personally deliver some "hollow point" greetings to anyone who did.

Truthfully, there were numerous innocent people killed during one of the most violent periods in American history during the Great Depression.

People who had legitimate businesses that refused to succumb to being extorted for "protection" were "erased" as well.

My own grandfather on my Dads side of the family operated an auto repair business in Detroit Michigan, and then branched out to Kansas City, Missouri, after he fled from picking cotton in Arkansas for a better life in pursuit of what was supposed to be a chance for him to get on his feet, and take care of his family.

He serviced cars owned by notable black athletes and entertainers during the mid 30's, and they came after him for a share of what he earned just to "protect" him.

And if he had refused to be "protected", he would have certainly lost his life.....either to them, or by being lynched for being "defiant" to those thugs.

Clear?

Blacks don't get fired because they are black. The company is scared to fire them. Maybe they'll just leave and then we won't get sued.

And every company wants to have their quota of black people. Blacks only make up 15% of the population. So it should be easy for blacks to find jobs.
"And every company wants to have their quota of black people."

Prove that statement. Where is your documentation that supports that statement? Hmmm?

Prove that statement. Where is your documentation that supports that statement? Hmmm?
Sorry. About 60% of the Fortune 500 companies have official diversity programs. Not all

Every company I’ve ever worked for tried to hire more women and blacks. It helps getting government jobs.

Every company I’ve ever worked for tried to hire more women and blacks. It helps getting government jobs.
Good to know. A life experience, I get that. Now prove your statement. "And every company wants to have their quota of black people." Where is your documentation that supports that statement? Every company??

Now you know how poor urban black families live.
She's talking about white communities and how THEY live. A fact you choose to deny because you can't face it.

Good to know. A life experience, I get that. Now prove your statement. "And every company wants to have their quota of black people." Where is your documentation that supports that statement? Every company??
Sealybobo is full of crap.

You so called "educated" guess is wrong.

You want to try pinning Asian attacks on blacks when whites are doing most of the attacking and even worse for your narrative is the more than 1 century of white violence against Asians.

Forum List

Back