CDZ America’s major political parties don’t have ‘the stomach’ to reform US gun laws

well, you could also give your military a real job and let them house the homeless and police the streets (after some manhandling training of course)..
The military can’t be used for that purpose in our nation.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878, by President Rutherford B. Hayes which limits the powers of the federal government in the use of federal militarypersonnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. The Act was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstructionand was updated in 1956 and 1981.

The Act originally applied only to the United States Army, but a subsequent amendment in 1956 expanded its scope to the United States Air Force. In 2021, the National Defence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022 further expanded the scope of the Act to cover the United States Navy, Marine Corps, and Space Force. The Act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under stateauthority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard(under the Department of Homeland Security) is not covered by the Act either, primarily because although it is a armed service, it also has a maritime lawenforcement mission.

The title of the Act comes from the legal concept of posse comitatus, the authority under which a county sheriff, or other law officer, can conscript any able-bodied person to assist in keeping the peace.

Criminals are banned from having guns here in the US too.
However when caught in many cities criminals caught carry illegal guns just walk free. Thank our wonderful Democratic Party for that.

Often criminals walk free for any crime.

you think we don't need to check for guns everywhere all the time?
we do have to, and we do.
bankrobbers still have guns over here, but they are smart enough to use them only in a heist.

other than that, criminals know that there are stiff jail sentences on getting caught with a gun on them or in their home/car.
Too bad you aren't as smart as bankrobbers. I only use my guns for self defense.

in US electoral terms, i'm more Independent than a leftist :p
You miss my point. If developing more robust defense industries in Europe and not being "dragged" into the sometimes-adventurous wars of the NATO alliance per America's leadership is the cat's meow for you, why alienate politically sympathetic Americans? The solution to the gun violence in America is not to confiscate or further regulate guns.

Conservative-libertarian Americans of classical liberalism have the solution, but the solution is opposed by a lawless, degenerate political left whose only interest is political power. The American body politic is split 50-50 in a socio-politically vicious cultural war.

In other words, you really don't understand what's going on in America.

Last edited:
We don't have a gun crisis. We have a Crime Crisis and a Mental Health Crisis.

The question we should address is why do young men feel so much despair and alienation from our society that some of them murder other people. Years of progressive indoctrination, participation trophies, social media, prescription drugs and now 2 years of lockdowns has pushed them over the edge.

Gun-control-09.jpg

And this pretty much sums up a great deal of the problem:

Children-01.jpg

America’s major political parties don’t have ‘the stomach’ to reform US gun laws
The Australian’s Adam Creighton says both of the major parties in America don’t have “the stomach” to reform the United States’ gun laws. “Because 30 per cent of Americans have a gun and 40 per cent of American households have access to a gun and so when you have that many guns in the country … it’s extremely difficult to regulate them,” Mr Creighton told Sky News host Chris Smith. “It’s really insoluble and terrible problem in my view.”

Local : 2022-05-27(Friday) 11:20:14
Found via nicer.app/news

i live in a country (The Netherlands) where it's illegal to bring weapons of ANY sort outside your home, or provoke fist-fights even in the slightest.

and we have a very peaceful country thanks to that regulation.

food for thought?
The Right says that a main part of the problem is cultural decay. The Left says that a main part of the problem is under-regulation.

They're both right. This is an "all of the above" situation. This isn't rocket science. But both parties are so calcified by their political priorities that they just refuse to lead with honesty, bravery and patriotism.

Our "leaders" (ha) continue to fail us, because our current political "system" incentivizes their worst and most cynical impulses. As a result, America can no longer address big problems. A pox on both houses.

Last edited:
America’s major political parties don’t have ‘the stomach’ to reform US gun laws
The Australian’s Adam Creighton says both of the major parties in America don’t have “the stomach” to reform the United States’ gun laws. “Because 30 per cent of Americans have a gun and 40 per cent of American households have access to a gun and so when you have that many guns in the country … it’s extremely difficult to regulate them,” Mr Creighton told Sky News host Chris Smith. “It’s really insoluble and terrible problem in my view.”

Local : 2022-05-27(Friday) 11:20:14
Found via nicer.app/news

i live in a country (The Netherlands) where it's illegal to bring weapons of ANY sort outside your home, or provoke fist-fights even in the slightest.

and we have a very peaceful country thanks to that regulation.

food for thought?
Same in the UK and many other civilised countries.

I was in Sainsbury's today doing the food shopping and two teenagers, they both looked 15 to 16 years old, walked by through the shop with two air rifles over their shoulders in rifle bags. First time I've ever seen that in a shop in my life. There should be trigger locks on them, so I imagine if any copper wanted to check, that's the only trouble they could into. Seeing a cop is a rare sight.

Access to firearms is regulated in America. Reform U.S. gun laws? How so? Precisely what "insoluble and terrible problem" is Creighton alluding to?
So what process did the latest mass shooter go through? Did he provide 2 referees and what's the interview process like from the police? What's taken into account when wanting to buy a gun? If you're buying an AR-15, which shooting range are you a member of to use it?

Lauren Boebert’s bizarre defence for no gun action: ‘After 9/11, we didn’t ban planes’
We can protect children ‘without trying to disarm law-abiding citizens’, says Republican

Local : 2022-05-27(Friday) 08:40:14
Found via nicer.app/news

i find this Republican's argumentation completely ludicrous.
LOL! So you're saying that Boebert's observation is ludicrous? You're saying we can legislate evil away?!

Like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, you're not thinking clearly, are you? She tweeted:

Why even be in Congress if you don’t believe in doing your job? Just quit and let someone who actually gives a damn do it instead of acting like a useless piece of furniture when babies are shot with AR15s that we let teen boys impulse buy before they can legally have a beer.​

Boebert didn't tweet that there was no legislative solution. She tweeted back:

Ms Defund the Police, Gun Free Zones have proven to be deadly. Let me know when you’re ready to do your job and effectively protect our schools with armed security. . . .​

Boebert is absolutely right. The solution is to secure the schools just as we secured the planes and cockpits and airports.

Last edited:
So what process did the latest mass shooter go through? Did he provide 2 referees and what's the interview process like from the police? What's taken into account when wanting to buy a gun? If you're buying an AR-15, which shooting range are you a member of to use it?
Why do you want to abridge the right to keep and bear arms via bureaucratic busybodies?

What does the AR stand for in AR-15?

Same in the UK and many other civilised countries.

I was in Sainsbury's today doing the food shopping and two teenagers, they both looked 15 to 16 years old, walked by through the shop with two air rifles over their shoulders in rifle bags. First time I've ever seen that in a shop in my life. There should be trigger locks on them, so I imagine if any copper wanted to check, that's the only trouble they could into. Seeing a cop is a rare sight.
But seeing criminals isn't. Your violent crime rate is 8 times what it is in the USA.
There are almost exactly five times as many people in the US as in the UK – 314 million vs. 63 million. The violent crime rate in the UK is 3,100 per 100,000, and in the US it is 380 per 100,000 population.

Brits are eight times more likely to be victims of violent crime than Americans.

Maybe if you had as many law-abiding people carrying guns as we have here, your violent crime rate wouldn't be so high.

Last edited:
The Right says that a main part of the problem is cultural decay. The Left says that a main part of the problem is under-regulation.

They're both right. This is an "all of the above" situation. This isn't rocket science. But both parties are so calcified by their political priorities that they just refuse to lead with honesty, bravery and patriotism.

Our "leaders" (ha) continue to fail us, because our current political "system" incentivizes their worst and most cynical impulses. As a result, America can no longer address big problems. A pox on both houses.
The left is entirely wrong and is the very faction behind the institutional destruction and cultural decay that plagues our nation. We must honesty, bravery and patriotically oppose the left on every front and defeat it. Eventually, we may have to lock-and-load.

Forum List

Back