CDZ America’s major political parties don’t have ‘the stomach’ to reform US gun laws

I don't remember anyone here telling Holland how to run their country.

But, as long as your taking our millions to defend your country ... a simple "thank you" wouldn't be out of line.
we'll grow our own armies, and stock them with legitimately purchased US weapons.
that way, you can get some of your billions back..

America’s major political parties don’t have ‘the stomach’ to reform US gun laws
The Australian’s Adam Creighton says both of the major parties in America don’t have “the stomach” to reform the United States’ gun laws. “Because 30 per cent of Americans have a gun and 40 per cent of American households have access to a gun and so when you have that many guns in the country … it’s extremely difficult to regulate them,” Mr Creighton told Sky News host Chris Smith. “It’s really insoluble and terrible problem in my view.”

Local : 2022-05-27(Friday) 11:20:14
Found via nicer.app/news

i live in a country (The Netherlands) where it's illegal to bring weapons of ANY sort outside your home, or provoke fist-fights even in the slightest.

and we have a very peaceful country thanks to that regulation.

food for thought?
Becasue if they try they will get voted out of office. Because of COVID_19 and the rising crime rate more people are deciding to own and even carry firearms.

Becasue if they try they will get voted out of office. Because of COVID_19 and the rising crime rate more people are deciding to own and even carry firearms.

well, you could also give your military a real job and let them house the homeless and police the streets (after some manhandling training of course)..

that US arrogance you display here is one of the major reasons we should develop our own armies all over the EU.. ;)

And I fully support you in that effort. But, as long as you're living under our protection, you should just say thanks, and let us get on with our work.

And I fully support you in that effort. But, as long as you're living under our protection, you should just say thanks, and let us get on with our work.
i'll say thanks, but with the reservation added that we see you engage in many unnecessary wars, just to keep yourselves strong and your defense industries selling weapons.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F5956043b-688c-4770-a5c0-92c835f23707

Are they Texan police? What do they need guns for?

i'll say thanks, but with the reservation added that we see you engage in many unnecessary wars, just to keep yourselves strong and your defense industries selling weapons.

For what it's worth, I don't think US forces should be stationed outside of the US borders. I don't believe Americans should be involved in foreign wars.

But, the decision to send troops or not send troops overseas is an American decision. WE will make that decision in the family.

The US is a very innovative, technically-advanced, and productive nation. We make really good weapons. You have the choice of buying them, or not buying them. You also have the choice to build your own.

That is a decision for the Dutch people in their family.

For what it's worth, I don't think US forces should be stationed outside of the US borders. I don't believe Americans should be involved in foreign wars.

But, the decision to send troops or not send troops overseas is an American decision. WE will make that decision in the family.

The US is a very innovative, technically-advanced, and productive nation. We make really good weapons. You have the choice of buying them, or not buying them. You also have the choice to build your own.

That is a decision for the Dutch people in their family.
well, it remains an uncomfortable fact of life that the US drags it's allies into any war it engages in.
we had to assist you in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, etc.

that invites terror strikes against us, and risks the lives of our soldiers as well.
sometimes for causes that we don't agree with.

yet, i agree with your argumentation here.
it's well-presented.

America’s major political parties don’t have ‘the stomach’ to reform US gun laws
The Australian’s Adam Creighton says both of the major parties in America don’t have “the stomach” to reform the United States’ gun laws. “Because 30 per cent of Americans have a gun and 40 per cent of American households have access to a gun and so when you have that many guns in the country … it’s extremely difficult to regulate them,” Mr Creighton told Sky News host Chris Smith. “It’s really insoluble and terrible problem in my view.”

Local : 2022-05-27(Friday) 11:20:14
Found via nicer.app/news

i live in a country (The Netherlands) where it's illegal to bring weapons of ANY sort outside your home, or provoke fist-fights even in the slightest.

and we have a very peaceful country thanks to that regulation.

food for thought?
1. It is illegal to provoke a fist fight in the US also. Personal threats are illegal, but we do have free speech, so I don't know the Dutch mean by "provoke".

2. Making it "illegal to bring weapons of ANY sort outside your home" is asking for crime. That would increase crime, not reduce it. A blessing for criminals. When will liberals ever realize this ?

Last edited:
Stocks in US gun makers rise following horror Texas school shooting

The stock prices of a number of prominent US firearm manufacturers have risen in the days following the mass school shooting in Texas that has since claimed the lives of 19 children and two teachers.
Smith & Wesson Brands has risen almost 10 per cent in the past five days, mirroring the success of other manufacturers such as Ammo Inc (up 12.6 per cent), Sturm Ruger (up 5.64 per cent) and ammunition maker Olin (up 23.5 per cent over the past month).
While restrictions – some as even-handed as background checks – have yet to be announced, investors are attempting to catch firearm stocks at a price they believe is cheap.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F5956043b-688c-4770-a5c0-92c835f23707
There are fears gun sales will surge in the wake of the Texas school shooting. (AP)
A study from 2019 found that a “statistically significant” spike in gun sales occurred in the months immediately following every single mass shooting event.
A rise in stock prices is investors anticipating a boom in gun sales prior to any restrictions being introduced.
How American politicians will tackle the fallout from one of the worst school shootings in more than a decade remains to be seen.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F7a711ae8-9be4-4366-b1cf-29d27e647696
The stock price of gunmaker Smith & Wesson is up nearly 10 per cent since the shooting. (Google Finance)
A bipartisan group of 10 senators led by Democrat Chris Murphy is discussing what they can do to curtail mass gun violence, with current suggestions including expanded background checks or “red flag laws” that would prevent some customers from legally purchasing firearms.
It is uncertain if the group can come to consensus, and even if they do, winning enough votes from Republicans could prove difficult, as most do not want to see changes in the nation’s gun laws.
Democrats would need 10 Republican votes to overcome a filibuster and get a bill through the 50-50 Senate.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F7e42cc8a-fd44-4393-b93b-cf3c2754352b
Senator Chris Murphy waits to speak to activists demanding action on gun control legislation after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers in a Texas elementary school. (AP)
“Odds are against us, but we owe it to parents and kids to try,” tweeted Murphy, who has been an advocate for stricter gun control since 20 children and six educators were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012.
Murphy, who gave an impassioned speech on the Senate floor Tuesday as the news broke of the Texas shooting, has said he wants to start with proposals that are doable.
“There is a common denominator we can find,” Murphy said.
“There is a place where we can achieve agreement.”
[IMG alt="<p>In the largest mass school shooting in US
history, gunman Seung-Hui Cho claimed the lives of 32 people at Virginia Tech on April 16 2007.</p><p><strong>Click through to see some of the deadliest mass shootings in American history. </strong></p>"]https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/33Pz0PEZ_44BfCbSRUbjPwM4QAg=/396x223/https://prod.static9.net.au/_/media/2015/10/02/12/18/0210_shootings_sp.jpg[/IMG]
IN PICTURES: The deadliest mass shootings in US history
Additional reporting by the Associated Press
Stocks in US gun makers rise following horror Texas school shooting

Local : 2022-05-27(Friday) 09:20:15
Found via nicer.app/news

There appears to be profits involved in the discussion making around gun-control laws. :(
There already ARE red flag laws, and background checks that go through a national crime database.
What expansions of background checks are these senators considering ? Or are they just posturing to their voter base ?

Last edited:
please don't pretend you know about the day to day situation in my country.

we all find it a fine arrangement, over here.

keeps all violence between citizens under strict control, and if a psycho walks into the street with even a knife on him, he is quickly shot down by police. we had an incident like that in my own city just a year ago.
You think shooting somebody for carrying a knife is proper ? That's insane. Have you ever heard of self-defense ? How do you propose that people defend themselves from robbers and attackers ? By offering them a lollipop ?

You Americans have no qualms about advising us on how to live our lives,
so i have no qualms about doing the same to you..
And we'd rather grow our own defense industries over here in Europe, and reserve the right not to help you out in future unjust wars you might start.
Past history doesn't coincide with that, however. Example > World War 2.

you think we don't need to check for guns everywhere all the time?
we do have to, and we do.
bankrobbers still have guns over here, but they are smart enough to use them only in a heist.

other than that, criminals know that there are stiff jail sentences on getting caught with a gun on them or in their home/car.
Criminals are banned from having guns here in the US too.

Forum List

Back