American workers are demanding almost $80,000 a year to take a new job

You mean, people that already have a decent job, and happy where they are, demand $80,000 dollars to be coaxed to leave and take a new position with a new company that is trying to lure them to change jobs? I see no problem with that.

If they want cheaper labor, they should look to those that are unemployed.

no self respecting human resources professional would hire an american who did not already have a job.

My great grandson, his wife and a roommate rent a 2 bedroom low income apartment for $2,500 a month. Everyone works.

Lake Forest California
That's why....
There are better living conditions outside of California. Wages might be a little lower but rent is usually half.
Meaning a 25% reduction in wages but 50% reduction in rent.

And it's not even "girl math".

That's why....
There are better living conditions outside of California. Wages might be a little lower but rent is usually half.
Meaning a 25% reduction in wages but 50% reduction in rent.

And it's not even "girl math".
It is not likely this family is in a position to move any time soon. If at all. Unless there are out of state relatives a major move is very expensive.

It is not likely this family is in a position to move any time soon. If at all. Unless there are out of state relatives a major move is very expensive.
Don't I know it.
I left an apartment in Nashville TN for buying a house in Nowhere Georgia back last February.
It's been non-stop expenses ever since.
Nevermind the huge pay cut because of state income taxes....
Lawnmowers, weedeaters, pest control, sewer clean out, and the high cost of electricity.
Then there's the fuel expenses for groceries (30 minute drive) and propane(for heat)

All of this on top of moving expenses. And I still don't have half of what I need for the maintenance of this place. I still need a chainsaw and leaf blower....and I haven't even begun scraping and painting.

Then there's the cats....two cats came with the place. Expecting to be fed twice daily.
Then there's the raccoons, deer, foxes and squirrels. So I have started a garden....and it seems like every critter and bug out there is eating better than me. Uggghhhhh

It's very expensive.
Moving costs....just the junk hauling, boxes, and changing licenses, tags, and income taxes have cost around $10k.

Don't I know it.
I left an apartment in Nashville TN for buying a house in Nowhere Georgia back last February.
It's been non-stop expenses ever since.
Nevermind the huge pay cut because of state income taxes....
Lawnmowers, weedeaters, pest control, sewer clean out, and the high cost of electricity.
Then there's the fuel expenses for groceries (30 minute drive) and propane(for heat)

All of this on top of moving expenses. And I still don't have half of what I need for the maintenance of this place. I still need a chainsaw and leaf blower....and I haven't even begun scraping and painting.

Then there's the cats....two cats came with the place. Expecting to be fed twice daily.
Then there's the raccoons, deer, foxes and squirrels. So I have started a garden....and it seems like every critter and bug out there is eating better than me. Uggghhhhh

It's very expensive.
Moving costs....just the junk hauling, boxes, and changing licenses, tags, and income taxes have cost around $10k.
They do sell garden spikes to keep unwanted critters from eating your garden but you can do the same thing. Get some cheap forks and steak knives. Goodwill is a decent place or any place you can get cheap stuff. Stick these in your garden fork tines up, blade up. A friend did this to protect her garden from rats in Los Angeles. It worked very well.

A year ago a grandson took his family to Texas. They stayed with the wife's sister until he found a job. It worked out great for them.

Keep it up, pretty soon the average rent will exceed $3000.00 a month.

• The amount of money most workers want now to accept a job reached a record high this year.
  • Employers have been trying to keep pace with the wage demands, pushing the average full-time offer up to $69,475, a 14% surge in the past year.
  • The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation.

This is one of the reasons for the trade deficit with China being what it is. And why so many jobs have moved out of this country.
Couple this with the over inflated USD (from those thousands of spending bills since the 70's), and you have yourself a USD that's worth about a nickel.

This is one of the reasons for the trade deficit with China being what it is. And why so many jobs have moved out of this country.
Couple this with the over inflated USD (from those thousands of spending bills since the 70's), and you have yourself a USD that's worth about a nickel.
China is in financial trouble. Severe financial troubles that make ours look like a hiccup by comparison.

They have been in a recession/depression. Especially in their commercial paper/bond market.
And most importers have gone after other suppliers outside of China for goods...further making commercial real estate and factories worthless. Home Depot was the last one to find other suppliers.

The Chinese are financially bankrupt...which is why they want to invade Taiwan to nationalize their banks and raid them for their cash as well as completely control and dominate the entire electronics industry.

Make no mistake....they are desperate. But they can't do anything about it unless the US and the rest of the world gives up their assets in Taiwan.

China is in financial trouble. Severe financial troubles that make ours look like a hiccup by comparison.

They have been in a recession/depression. Especially in their commercial paper/bond market.
And most importers have gone after other suppliers outside of China for goods...further making commercial real estate and factories worthless. Home Depot was the last one to find other suppliers.

The Chinese are financially bankrupt...which is why they want to invade Taiwan to nationalize their banks and raid them for their cash as well as completely control and dominate the entire electronics industry.

Make no mistake....they are desperate. But they can't do anything about it unless the US and the rest of the world gives up their assets in Taiwan.

Fake news. China is doing fine. Better than us, actually. Their middle class wage is still about $20K per year. That's 100% positive proof their currency is doing better than ours. For the simple fact that it takes a lot less to live on in China.

Fake news. China is doing fine. Better than us, actually. Their middle class wage is still about $20K per year. That's 100% positive proof their currency is doing better than ours. For the simple fact that it takes a lot less to live on in China.
According to my missionary friends...
Nope. Unemployment is high and getting higher.
And $20K?
That's in Taiwan and Hong Kong....where rent is high. Hong Kong used to be free market...but since the government nationalized the banks....nope

20 k is laughable. Imagine how "happy" they must be. Your post is hilarious. Our workforce is far more productive than theirs.

20 k is laughable. Imagine how "happy" they must be. Your post is hilarious. Our workforce is far more productive than theirs.

$20K only seems laughable to us. But $20K per year, to most Chinese is a good wage and pays for a nice life.
$20K per year, like in Mexico, you can have a nice place to live, food, internet, cell phone, a maid 3 times a week. etc etc etc

no self respecting human resources professional would hire an american who did not already have a job.
There are sleaze bags in some human resource department and employment agencies that stoop to going on factory parking lots and putting flier on windshield. We have seen it down here, for electricians, welders, maintenance, etc. It is low budget, basically stealing labor, wholesale.

Forum List

Back