American workers are demanding almost $80,000 a year to take a new job

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Keep it up, pretty soon the average rent will exceed $3000.00 a month.

• The amount of money most workers want now to accept a job reached a record high this year.
  • Employers have been trying to keep pace with the wage demands, pushing the average full-time offer up to $69,475, a 14% surge in the past year.
  • The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation.

The amount of money most workers want now to accept a job reached a record high this year, a sign that inflation is alive and well at least in the labor market.

According to the latest New York Federal Reserve employment survey released Monday, the average "reservation wage," or the minimum acceptable salary offer to switch jobs, rose to $78,645 during the second quarter of 2023.

• The amount of money most workers want now to accept a job reached a record high this year.
  • Employers have been trying to keep pace with the wage demands, pushing the average full-time offer up to $69,475, a 14% surge in the past year.
  • The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation.

Republicans think having a middle class is bad for America

You mean, people that already have a decent job, and happy where they are, demand $80,000 dollars to be coaxed to leave and take a new position with a new company that is trying to lure them to change jobs? I see no problem with that.

If they want cheaper labor, they should look to those that are unemployed.

You mean, people that already have a decent job, and happy where they are, demand $80,000 dollars to be coaxed to leave and take a new position with a new company that is trying to lure them to change jobs? I see no problem with that.

If they want cheaper labor, they should look to those that are unemployed.

And why are they unemployed? Everyone is hiring everywhere! Millions are sitting on their fat asses claiming disability, and getting other freebies. Take that shit away, and people will be going back to work!

And why are they unemployed? Everyone is hiring everywhere! Millions are sitting on their fat asses claiming disability, and getting other freebies. Take that shit away, and people will be going back to work!
You really want cheap labor bad, don't you? Are you going to make that a plank of the GOP in 2024, rolling back wages, cutting off social security disability, etc? Figure to get support of the voters, are you? :auiqs.jpg:

They would need $239k a year to purchase an average home in Toronto. I am not exagerrating, I postednthe article on here. Welcome to the Police State.

Last edited:

~~~~~~
**********​
**********​
**********​

It's not hard to find great workers the labor force is overflowing with them

At first I thought that was sarcasm, then I looked at your post count vs reaction and realized you're being serious.

It's obvious you have absolutely no idea what the real world is like if that's the comment you made.

My wife is a benefits manager for her company and laughed at your comment. I laugh at it also as I work for a manufacturer and I see what our new hires are like. I also deal with reps from our areas gas and electric provider, water department and I deal with dozens and dozens of companies I bring in as contractors.

Software development - SaaS solutions.
lol

WTF are you hiring a fresh grad for?

That's not a young people job.

You put that job in the hands of a young person, you'll wake up one morning with a surprise bill for cloud computing.

And if that doesn't get you slowloris will.

Forum List

Back