American workers are demanding almost $80,000 a year to take a new job

Except that you’re not seeing “record #’s flooding in”. The numbers are down. Way down. Since the Biden administration ended Title 42, Illegal border crossings have dropped by 89%.

Trump’s policy of closing the border drove illegal crossings up. You can’t claim refugee status unless you’re standing on US soil. Refugees had to cross the border illegally in order to claim refugee status.

When Trump took office in 2017 border crossings were at the lowest level in 50 years. How could he justify building his stupid wall if the Democrats’ policy of prosecuting employers was working. People didn’t jump the border if there were no jobs waiting for them. And employers wouldn’t hire them with the IRS performing audit on their employees documentation.

Trump forced refugee claimants to cross illegally when he first metered the numbers coming in and then closed the border under Title 42. He also ceased all prosecution of employers, raiding their plants and locking up the hundreds of illegals working there, but no charges whatsoever on the employers.

By 2019, Trump had his number illegal border crossing numbers up so high that he declared a national emergency at the southern border in order to build his stupid wall.

Biden started prosecuting employers, rebuilt the refugee support system at the southern border that Trump had dismantled, and set up an immigrant and refugee program online to help those seeking to enter the country, to do so, in an orderly, legal manner. 89% reduction in illegal border crossing.

Imagine that!!!

As I pointed out to you in another thread, your data is behind. The July figures are in, and the border invasion is increasing again.

Migrant Crossings on the Rise Again at U.S. Border​

Illegal crossings along the U.S. Southwestern border are rising fast just three months after the Biden administration tightened immigration policy, with Border Patrol arrests surging in remote desert areas.

Migrants trying to enter the U.S. illegally are braving record-high temperatures, which is making their journeys riskier and requiring more rescues by U.S. and Mexican border authorities.

Well since no "border flood" is occurring at all, and you're not seeing anything near record numbers "flooding in", there's no point in respond to your post, other than to say, that the American Chamber is Commerce is BEGGING the government to increase levels of immigration to deal with the labour shortages.

Please stay current.

Border arrests surged in July, a blow to Biden migration plan​

Obviously you don't understand the service model that Bucees is using .. Bucees' pays higher entry level wages because of the culture they have created and embraced: focused on investing in their employees, providing top-notch service to its customers and customer experiences. This includes employee retention, quality of service, clean environments and opportunities for advancement -- something an Arby's, or most other fast food restaurants and entry-level opportunities, do not. You're comparing apples to oranges. What else you got Mr. Businessman?
You're kinda dense aren't you.

They pay higher wages to get better employees. Having better employees allows them to do all the wonderful things you reference.

NONE of the bolded section is possible without those better employees.

What I got Mr Obviously Failed Businessman is what I've been telling you...
You get what you pay for.
Bu cee's pays for ans gets better employees.
Thus they grow while BK struggles.

I'd tell you to figure it out but why bother?

You're kinda dense aren't you.

They pay higher wages to get better employees. Having better employees allows them to do all the wonderful things you reference.

NONE of the bolded section is possible without those better employees.

What I got Mr Obviously Failed Businessman is what I've been telling you...
You get what you pay for.
Bu cee's pays for ans gets better employees.
Thus they grow while BK struggles.

I'd tell you to figure it out but why bother?
If higher wages = better employees .. why isn't the local, state and federal government a well oiled machine with happy resources and lighting fast responses? More money doesn't equate to happiness .. better associate experience, empowerment and radical candor produce better resources and a better working environment ..

Get a clue

If higher wages = better employees .. why isn't the local, state and federal government a well oiled machine with happy resources and lighting fast responses? More money doesn't equate to happiness .. better associate experience, empowerment and radical candor produce better resources and a better working environment ..

Get a clue
You...YOU...YOU

Think government employees are well paid?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I work for a government contractor.
I make more than twice what the government employee supervising the contract makes.

Apparently your clues are coming from the outhouse.

Lol!!
So because the flood of the third-world slowed down while Trump was in office, that's why we have a labor shortage now?

The shortage began when Americans got a taste of what it's like to sit on their fat asses at home and collect government money during Covid.
Many, decided they didn't want to go back to work, so millions are on some form of government assistance. Take away those handouts, and you'll suddenly see that labor shortage problem go away.

I'd love some of this. Will you point it out to me so I can sign up?

You...YOU...YOU

I make more than twice what the government employee supervising the contract makes.

I assume you are not employed for life and cant be fired no matter how bad you are

You mean, people that already have a decent job, and happy where they are, demand $80,000 dollars to be coaxed to leave and take a new position with a new company that is trying to lure them to change jobs? I see no problem with that.

If they want cheaper labor, they should look to those that are unemployed.
Um NO! those people do not want to work Gubmint welfare is easier!

You really want cheap labor bad, don't you? Are you going to make that a plank of the GOP in 2024, rolling back wages, cutting off social security disability, etc? Figure to get support of the voters, are you? :auiqs.jpg:
At least you admit all the handouts is nothing more than pandering!

Working remotely is inadvertently creating a national wage standard.

Certain jobs require a specialized skill set that should pay higher than an average wage the other employees earn. With remote working the higher wages are getting the talent and the lower wages for the same talent are not.
And employers are divided....right down the bottom line.

High wage areas are usually coming out with slightly lower wages and low wage areas of the USA are crying about paying fair wages for the talent or are trying to operate without until they find someone desperate or dumb enough to take the job for a while.

A remote job traditionally office centered in CA or NY are now being filled by talented people in the SE or Midwest for less. Those same jobs in the SE or Midwest are going unfilled unless they increase the wages and benefits offered.

The financial abuse of some employers is over. Marginal jobs (jobs that aren't really necessary but created to appease local governments) are going away.

You...YOU...YOU

How much was Fauci making?

The median income for a federal, state and local government employee is higher (plus benefits like pensions) than the median income for non-governmental roles in the United States. Government employees typically suck, are lazy, have no sense of urgency .. That's just fact

2020 #s:

Federal Median: $84K
State Median: $52K
Local Median $50K

Non-government roles: $41.9K

Regardless .. money doesn't make one happy ... culture, engagement and many of the things mentioned for Bucees produce better employees. You're just wrong on what generates happy employees.

Unresponsive to the thread.
He claimed govt workers were overpaid.

Do try to follow along.
Being incompetent with no fear of getting laid off or fired sounds to me like a benefit for government workers that has monetary value

Um NO! those people do not want to work Gubmint welfare is easier!
Again, you did not read the article. It was not about people without jobs demanding that kind of money.

At least you admit all the handouts is nothing more than pandering!
Admit it? I didn't even address it. The article isn't about welfare recipients or even people still out of work for any reason, be it a local thing, or being scumbums too lazy to take a job. Good article. You should read it sometime.

Forum List

Back