American Jewry, It's time to come home

Well, the way things are going in this nation, it looks as if in the coming decades, many Jewish Americans will be forced to emigrate to Israel.

The future of this nation is very grim, indeed.

Don't lose hope.
And please don't take it cynically,
but G-d does guard the friends of Israel.

The choice is Yours folks, Jews will end up in Israel anyway.
The choice is Yours, nationally, either to assist and hold true to friendship,
or G-d forbid turn against us...which I sincerely don't wish for my American friends.

Don't loose hope, Your country is unique, and founded in great values and merit,
You're in faith crisis, and You couldn't wish for a more archetypal friend to solve that in the most meaningful, sincere and constructive way.

We might have much disagreements personally, but I believe in Your good and wish You all well,
really, even if I answer harshly to some american a....holes, You still have a friend, maybe small in numbers, but not just another friend... G-d will reward Your nation greatly for supporting mine,
and G-d forbid we end on opposite side - it won't be our first, but I don't wish that to America.
You've got a Xerox in the WH, just try to hold the line, and You will be rewarded accordingly.

Don't lose hope.

I do not understand your "Xerox" reference, but thanks for the good wishes.

Maybe I'm referring the wrong Western version of the name,
king Koresh A"H (Xerox), who was actually the secret son of queen Esther A"H,
decreed the Jews were allowed to return to Judea and start building the Temple.
Prophet Yeshayah A"H referred to him as G-d's protege, literally "Xerox His anointed".

I think You know whom I'm referring to.

If you are referring to whom I think you are, he would no doubt be very much flattered by your praise.

Let's elaborate a bit more: because these are not my words,
and flattery not quiet the purpose.

It's modesty to take it as flattery, but it takes much more courage and merit to take the stand.

Now I'll exaggerate to make a point - imagine Shmuel the prophet A"H came to king David A"H
and informed him of G-d's choice, and his response would be something in the manner of
"Thanks, I'm flattered...".

We apparently are not talking about king David and Shmuel the prophet,
but there's reason why this even raised from the collective archetypes and found its way into the modern discourse, no one said the same of Obama, or Clinton, or for that matter any other in the history of America.

Now, human beings still have choice, including kings.
Esau lost Europe and his mind, Edom might turn to merit and hold in America.

Or get it for all that Edom was...I wish for Ishmael and Edom that they choose to and merit,
and only the wicked who insist on going against G-d and Israel to be decreed on the list,
I can forget all and any grudges, it's just no worth it, I want humanity to merit.
Ishmael and Edom have to make a choice each as a majority.

But essentially all goes for the sake of Heaven's Name,
even if a human king forgives his respect, his respect is not forgiven.

care of that, our job is to try and fix the world in a constructive manner for the sake of all humanity - think king Shlomah A"H - peace, cooperation, sharing respect and wisdom
Exactly, good said - sharing the wisdom (among the other things). Saying wisdom you obviously meant sharing Jewish teachings and philosophy.

But how this sharing corresponds with a prominent now idea of gathering Jews in Israel as much as possible? Yes, I understand that Israel and Jerusalem are a vital part for Jews, and I am not going to question this or diminish the significance of Israel's existence.

But, who will remain in the outside world to promote your views and the word of God? Won't it be that the Jews will live in their enclosed world there with little cooperation with other people (I mean intellectual and philosophical cooperation).

The Jews communities have a reputation of closed communities. They are not too eager to invite strangers. And gathering 'all' Jews in one place will lead to even more 'closing'. I think that trend should be opposite - you should be opening to the world (of course with development of Israel).

I know that proselytizing is not greeted among the Jews. And I dont call on you to do that, especially in a form that some Christian denominations do. No, it is absurd. But you definitely should be 'moving' onward while the trend now is moving inward.

Interesting question.

Philosophically there might be a seeming contradiction, namely because philosophy was a response to end of prophecy, but practically it makes all the sense.

We have to separate the vision of a corrected world of "filled the earth with knowledge of G-d"(Yishayahu 11:9) and the practical ways to get there, or at least what involves our human work in the world as it is.

When earth is filled with G-d's knowledge, we are talking about practically same material reality,
paired with the abnormality of a healthy human society, the abnormality of peace, total clarity in G-d's presence, no influence of evil inclination, and every child is a prophet.

The practical questions will be totally different - how to serve G-d, live in His presence.
But the wisdom it's all there...'in the air'...the only thing will be required
is a reform of social framework to fit each nation's character.

But we're not quiet there yet right?

Practically, so that this 'opening up' makes sense,
we need a majority in the land of Israel, it's beyond the corner.

And that's exactly what doesn't make sense to Seth Rogan,
because he wants a universalist vision without having the core base.

A totally legit cause, only confused in twisted terms of foreign fashions.
But there're steps, almost natural physics - Ya'akov, Yisrael and then Yeshurun.

Otherwise our purpose would be fulfilled with just being a wandering Ya'akov
merely sharing wisdom among the nations, but that's not the purpose.
And that's why he has an identity crisis...do check his new movie.

In our modern terms - this will be the job of foreign ministry.
Even if we take the framework of emissaries, they don't need their families there, or stay there,
they will hurry back home where they are not limited in the commandments they can merit fulfill.

And look around what technology allows, it's purpose is essentially that.
To bring Jews on the 'wings of eagles' - when was that prophecy said?

Last edited:
thing will be required
Can you elaborate what you mean in that?

Yes, strong independent Israel is a vital part. That is beyond the question.

How can it be done in practice? Of course, modern technologies should be used - social networks, YouTube, internet sites etc. But that is not enough, I think. You should work 'in the field' - 'educational' centers, literature and so on.

You know what? My home is virtually next door to the Jewish Center of the town. And I often pass by it. And I can't remember any instance when I would see some invitation to come and learn about Torah or holidays or something similar. I should add that I have lived in this place 3 years, so I can't say what was before it.

thing will be required

How can it be done in practice? Of course, modern technologies should be used - social networks, YouTube, internet sites etc. But that is not enough, I think. You should work 'in the field' - 'educational' centers, literature and so on.

You know what? My home is virtually next door to the Jewish Center of the town. And I often pass by it. And I can't remember any instance when I would see some invitation to come and learn about Torah or holidays or something similar. I should add that I have lived in this place 3 years, so I can't say what was before it.

There's a national education day in the US,
initiated by the Rebbe.

That's the stage, character of Yeshurun,
essentially a universalist leftist vision, in its corrected version.

Whom You have there is essentially Ya'akov, a religious diaspora mode shteitel.

Ya'akov- Israel- Yeshurun.

Last edited:
rylah, a brother can never be a friend . . . but a friend can be a brother.

Can You please elaborate?
I'd frame it as of being a guarantor for each other, a friend or a brother.
Referring to a biological brother as "friend" downgrades the relationship; a brother is a brother -- you'd do anything for him, which is why when one refers to one's best friend as "brother", it is the ultimate term one can employ to show the high esteem you hold that friend in.

thing will be required

initiated by the Rebbe.

You mean that there are three stages of Judaism development and now we are entering (or already are) the third stage? The stage of 'international' Judaism?

rylah, a brother can never be a friend . . . but a friend can be a brother.

Can You please elaborate?
I'd frame it as of being a guarantor for each other, a friend or a brother.
Referring to a biological brother as "friend" downgrades the relationship; a brother is a brother -- you'd do anything for him, which is why when one refers to one's best friend as "brother", it is the ultimate term one can employ to show the high esteem you hold that friend in.

Ahhh of course,

Ahi is the 2nd most common word in any conversation,
beginning middle and end, including arguments...

I say second, but I can't really think of a first more common one,
well maybe only Tachles, as in 'essentially', or as in slang for 'no BS'.

And You tachles get that Ahi!

...Ahoti...? :)

thing will be required

initiated by the Rebbe.

You mean that there are three stages of Judaism development and now we are entering (or already are) the third stage? The stage of 'international' Judaism?

Hhh, yes, the expression of the universal character.
I just laughed at how it sounds out loud in this manner...conspiracy nuts go :popcorn:

thing will be required

initiated by the Rebbe.

I just laughed at how it sounds out loud in this manner...conspiracy nuts go :popcorn:
Conspiracy theories is the last thing you should worry about. They have always been and will always be.

thing will be required

initiated by the Rebbe.

Conspiracy theories is the last thing you should worry about. They have always been and will always be.

Wait till they see PM Netanyahu's signature and that of Rabbinical authorities,
among the new Noahide prayer book opening letters of agreements.

But that's what all the Lefitsts actually yearn for, the holistic universal vision of Tikkun 'Olam,
only they usually miss the point in their confused, detached from heritage, uncorrected ways.

I myself still find it a bit difficult to digest,
but how exciting is that!

Last edited:
care of that, our job is to try and fix the world in a constructive manner for the sake of all humanity - think king Shlomah A"H - peace, cooperation, sharing respect and wisdom
Exactly, good said - sharing the wisdom (among the other things). Saying wisdom you obviously meant sharing Jewish teachings and philosophy.

But how this sharing corresponds with a prominent now idea of gathering Jews in Israel as much as possible? Yes, I understand that Israel and Jerusalem are a vital part for Jews, and I am not going to question this or diminish the significance of Israel's existence.

But, who will remain in the outside world to promote your views and the word of God? Won't it be that the Jews will live in their enclosed world there with little cooperation with other people (I mean intellectual and philosophical cooperation).

The Jews communities have a reputation of closed communities. They are not too eager to invite strangers. And gathering 'all' Jews in one place will lead to even more 'closing'. I think that trend should be opposite - you should be opening to the world (of course with development of Israel).

I know that proselytizing is not greeted among the Jews. And I dont call on you to do that, especially in a form that some Christian denominations do. No, it is absurd. But you definitely should be 'moving' onward while the trend now is moving inward.
Jews don't want to lose their bloodline. As a goy that's had several princess girlfriends..I understand.
Actually I knew way before that when my sister's music teacher was in an all-Jewish building.

Interesting question.

Philosophically there might be a seeming contradiction, namely because philosophy was a response to end of prophecy, but practically it makes all the sense.

We have to separate the vision of a corrected world of "filled the earth with knowledge of G-d"(Yishayahu 11:9) and the practical ways to get there, or at least what involves our human work in the world as it is.

When earth is filled with G-d's knowledge, we are talking about practically same material reality,
paired with the abnormality of a healthy human society, the abnormality of peace, total clarity in G-d's presence, no influence of evil inclination, and every child is a prophet.

The practical questions will be totally different - how to serve G-d, live in His presence.
But the wisdom it's all there...'in the air'...the only thing will be required

But we're not quiet there yet right?

Practically, so that this 'opening up' makes sense,
we need a majority in the land of Israel, it's beyond the corner.

And that's exactly what doesn't make sense to Seth Rogan,
because he wants a universalist vision without having the core base.

A totally legit cause, only confused in twisted terms of foreign fashions.
But there're steps, almost natural physics - Ya'akov, Yisrael and then Yeshurun.

Otherwise our purpose would be fulfilled with just being a wandering Ya'akov
merely sharing wisdom among the nations, but that's not the purpose.
And that's why he has an identity crisis...do check his new movie.

In our modern terms - this will be the job of foreign ministry.
Even if we take the framework of emissaries, they don't need their families there, or stay there,
they will hurry back home where they are not limited in the commandments they can merit fulfill.

And look around what technology allows, it's purpose is essentially that.
To bring Jews on the 'wings of eagles' - when was that prophecy said?

Jews don't want to lose their bloodline. As a goy that's had several princess girlfriends..I understand.
Actually I knew way before that when my sister's music teacher was in an all-Jewish building.

Heritage my friend, heritage - not bloodline.

Onkelos is the author of the most common Torah translation to Aramaic,
I haven't seen the 5 books published without him on every page.

Onkelos was Ceasar's son,
and regardless, he's ours.

Imagine if more Hebrew Israelites instead of preaching on street corners,
left all that nonesense behind and actually walked the talk...

Here are real mensch brothers.

Last edited:
thing will be required

initiated by the Rebbe.

But that's what all the Lefitsts actually yearn for, the holistic universal vision of Tikkun 'Olam,
only they usually miss the point in their confused, detached from heritage, uncorrected ways.

Also, I think that there should be a basis around which will be build a 'universal' Judaism. There should be a 'scripture' for Noahides based on Torah and Jewish knowledge. A single book where all main principles will be gathered - commandments, laws, prayers, some philosophical principles and so on. In other words, a book which explains who is a Noahide and what you should do.

Yes, there are the Noahide laws but they are the roots that should give a rise to a big tree with a strong stem and a wide crown.

I have one more question. You wrote about the stage of Judaism. And if I understand correctly, you placed so called ultra-Orthodoxes to the first stage. You consider their ideas to be outdated? Do I get it right?

thing will be required

initiated by the Rebbe.

Also, I think that there should be a basis around which will be build a 'universal' Judaism. There should be a 'scripture' for Noahides based on Torah and Jewish knowledge. A single book where all main principles will be gathered - commandments, laws, prayers, some philosophical principles and so on. In other words, a book which explains who is a Noahide and what you should do.

Yes, there are the Noahide laws but they are the roots that should give a rise to a big tree with a strong stem and a wide crown.

I have one more question. You wrote about the stage of Judaism. And if I understand correctly, you placed so called ultra-Orthodoxes to the first stage. You consider their ideas to be outdated? Do I get it right?

First of all let me thank You,
been pondering on several of Your previous posts, think You're absolutely right.
There's a need to focus more on addressing the practical aspects and infrastructure.
We need to focus on the feedback of the people who are already involved, or interested,
like a customer communication database, because that's what it actually is- serving people.
And build from there. We need to build a whole new formal channel of communication,
set for it a special cabinet or a govt. branch that would coordinate it's activity.

In the meantime it's all done more on a personal level initiatives,
at best small informal organizations that address specific communities.
And I think it will remain so until it gains momentum in public discourse.
For that - Israelis need to see how this leads to support for the Temple Mount.

Regarding orthodox - I recognize only the orthodox court.
Wish myself could fit the description, but from outside prob. identified as something like that
Studied in orthodox schools, my Rabbi and shul are Mizrahi orthodox, and typically Zionist.

It's not about 'outdated idea', it's that ideas, by definition are irrelevant.
Judaism is preservation of direct line of heritage and teaching tracing back to Moses A"H.

Even the term 'orthodox' is a modern term, that only appeared some 150 years ago,
as response to all the reform, conservative and re-constructionist none-sense that started appearing with the advent of emancipation, with later additions of some college dorm marxist hallucinations of the late 60's...So I just don't play these games, because even if my Rabbi teaches differently from what I received with my family line of heritage and tradition, that differs but can be traced to having basis in law, I will stick to my line of family tradition, and my Rabbi will insist on that, because that is actually how the hierarchy of things has always been throughout the generations, that's how these original traditions even reached our days - family heritage.

Only legally valid distinction goes along the lines of either northern Ashkenaz tradition,
or the southern Mizrahi tradition. Interestingly with the furthest of both having most similarity,
i.e. it's all variation on the same tradition on tracing back to different periods the diaspora. Namely the 1st Temple traditions of Jews in Yemen have more in common with the furthest communities in east Europe, very similar pronunciation, clothing style etc. We only honor these division as a safeguard in respect to family tradition, everything else are irrelevant fashions that come and go...

Any so called orthodoxy that prevents expression of any of the 3 stages I've previously mentioned,
is at fundamental fault, which usually a sign of interruption in the line of heritage along the way.

Modern Zionism, before Herzl for that matter, was an orthodox movement in its purest sense,
the only thing that changed is that it later became a more pluralistic format of expression to include the entire spectrum of Jewish community, not necessarily orthodox oriented,
which IS a symptom of a healthy order of things.

This is how Mizrahi orthodoxy has always been - more organized in fashion of writing, but more lenient collectively, and typically "among the people", which is why there was never a reform movement, and why focus on basic Torah/Tanak through the layers of Kabalah and traditional Zionism always remained in public domain, the knowledge was more available and evenly distributed, for social and historic reason I won't get into here, but that is also the reason why the Mizrahi community was so easily mobilized, leaving no significant presence in diaspora.

More than 90% of Mizrahi orthodoxy and common folk are in Israel,
serving in the army, socially and economically integrated.

Half of Ashkenazi orthodoxy and common folk are in diaspora,
facing a real existential crisis.

But they all LOVE Fauda,
more than gefilte,
so...

to sum it up:

At this stage the only way to return things to their correct order,
is by a majority going through the stage of Israel.

Otherwise it's like when China copied the US plans for F-35,
with all the glitches...not something to sell around if You intend well.

Last edited:
Half of Ashkenazi orthodoxy and common folk are in diaspora,
facing a real existential crisis.

That’s true.

I feel like taking a spaceship, like in ”Interstellar”, and looking for a wormhole.

Maybe I got the wrong impression,
but it seems those favorite places You've mentioned,
are somehow all in a 1.5 hour flight radius of the Levant.

Excuse me if that is too direct, correct me if I'm wrong...the land lures You in ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back