American Jewry, It's time to come home

Israelis are worried – about America
Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over it hurting for it - that used to be our job, from the all-powerful USA. Op-ed.

Here is one newspaper that tells the truth, even when it hurts. An editorial in the New York Post puts it unambiguously – the Democrat Party has abandoned Israel. To that, we add another sorry fact. The Democrat Party has (also) abandoned the United States of America.

Those are Democrat governors and mayors who are encouraging the mobs to trash and vandalize our cities, and to resist the police. Nancy Pelosi refers to America’s law enforcement heroes as “stormtroopers.”

I wish I had better news for my friends and family in Israel, because here’s a twist. Israelis are worried about us here in the United States.

“Are you okay?” Those are emails and phone calls I keep getting from Israel…sometimes frantic. Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over Israel, hurting for Israel, that used to be our job, from the all-powerful United States.

All-powerful? Now we are down on our knees. Literally? Yes. Here’s a picture you thought you’d never see. The Democrat candidate for president of the United States down on a knee in an act of obedient submission to the mob.

Ain’t that a kick in the head…watching a civilization crumble before your very eyes. This, 2020, has been the worst year for America since…since Elvis died, 1977. Or pick your own year. Some might say 9/11/2001. Others are even saying 1492. The New York Times dates it as the “1619 Project,” as if it’s all my fault.

Brother – do I sound depressed!

Like I said, from America we’d check the news to ask, now what? NOW WHAT! Which one of our family…meaning Klal Yisrael…has been hit? Of the loved ones who have suffered from generations of intifadas, I will spare you the details. You’ve got your own stories, I am sure.

So what’s happening in America?

I don’t know, except that you do not want to be living in Portland, or Seattle, or Baltimore, or New Orleans, or Chicago, or Philadelphia, or DC, or NYC, or any place run by Democrats. It’s as if we obliterated the Taliban over there, and brought them over here, and many of them, as Bari Weiss tells us, with a broken heart, work at The New York Times.

My country will weather the divisions and damage caused by our current president, just as it did the Civil War, the fight for Civil Rights, two world wars and the great depression. What is happening now is the result of a “perfect storm” of short and long term worldwide events, bad leadership, divisive policies. What is not so good, is the relentless search for scapegoats when times are bad, whether it’s Jews or Muslims or immigrants or political ideologies. What I hope is we will come out the better for it, what I worry is...how changed will it be and will happen in between. The whole world is changing.
Thank you for the input,
but there're some things I don't understand.

How can a problem be entirely blamed on one administration,
especially when talking about such fundamental issues as division?

In the Civil War there was a just and constructive cause,
in the Civil Rights there was just and constructive cause,
what is specifically constructive about what people now are fighting for?

And where can Americans 'meet' if there're only 2 parties,
while one of them targets the entire basis of the system as ilegit?

In Israel, there're many parties, there's coalition and opposition,
but the left and the right usually get to meet in both of them...

Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over it hurting for it - that used to be our job, from the all-powerful USA. Op-ed.

Here is one newspaper that tells the truth, even when it hurts. An editorial in the New York Post puts it unambiguously – the Democrat Party has abandoned Israel. To that, we add another sorry fact. The Democrat Party has (also) abandoned the United States of America.

Those are Democrat governors and mayors who are encouraging the mobs to trash and vandalize our cities, and to resist the police. Nancy Pelosi refers to America’s law enforcement heroes as “stormtroopers.”

I wish I had better news for my friends and family in Israel, because here’s a twist. Israelis are worried about us here in the United States.

“Are you okay?” Those are emails and phone calls I keep getting from Israel…sometimes frantic. Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over Israel, hurting for Israel, that used to be our job, from the all-powerful United States.

All-powerful? Now we are down on our knees. Literally? Yes. Here’s a picture you thought you’d never see. The Democrat candidate for president of the United States down on a knee in an act of obedient submission to the mob.

Ain’t that a kick in the head…watching a civilization crumble before your very eyes. This, 2020, has been the worst year for America since…since Elvis died, 1977. Or pick your own year. Some might say 9/11/2001. Others are even saying 1492. The New York Times dates it as the “1619 Project,” as if it’s all my fault.

Like I said, from America we’d check the news to ask, now what? NOW WHAT! Which one of our family…meaning Klal Yisrael…has been hit? Of the loved ones who have suffered from generations of intifadas, I will spare you the details. You’ve got your own stories, I am sure.

I don’t know, except that you do not want to be living in Portland, or Seattle, or Baltimore, or New Orleans, or Chicago, or Philadelphia, or DC, or NYC, or any place run by Democrats. It’s as if we obliterated the Taliban over there, and brought them over here, and many of them, as Bari Weiss tells us, with a broken heart, work at The New York Times.

My country will weather the divisions and damage caused by our current president, just as it did the Civil War, the fight for Civil Rights, two world wars and the great depression. What is happening now is the result of a “perfect storm” of short and long term worldwide events, bad leadership, divisive policies. What is not so good, is the relentless search for scapegoats when times are bad, whether it’s Jews or Muslims or immigrants or political ideologies. What I hope is we will come out the better for it, what I worry is...how changed will it be and will happen in between. The whole world is changing.
Thank you for the input,

I dont think it is JUST one administration per se. I think it is the culmination of many things, some domestic, some world wide. The divisions here are influenced by things like job loss due to increased automation, a global economy, outsourcing...over a long period of time, among other things. Our recovery from the Great Recession did not lift everyone...many jobs never really came back and significant number of people felt left out and ignored...they had been suffering job losses far longer than the recession. I think the current president recognized this, spoke to it, and exploited those divisions. That is what a populist does. He didn’t create the division. But, imo, this administration, once it won, was in a unique position to attempt to heal those divisions but instead both widened and hardened them. I have never before seen us, ordinary Americans, expressed in the rhetoric of good vs. evil, because of our politics. Before...we were opponents, just opponents...who could move on to other things. This rhetorical shift began long ago under Gingrich. We are seeing the results of it now and it dismays me and makes me worry...because when people get like this, they look for scapegoats.

That's a thought provoking question...and, I'm not sure nor have I really thought about it (but will).

I think there isn't ONE cause, but many, driving this. The issue of police brutality towards blacks is an issue with a long history and it exists in living memory - there are people still alive who experienced it prior to and during the Civil Rights movement. Blacks are still more likely to get pulled over, more likely to get incarcerated, more likely to get killed, then whites in similar confrontations. In 2014, we had the riots in Ferguson, Missouri and one outcome of it was a start at reform (which was reversed by President Trump). I think what we are seeing is extreme frustration with no progress, no change and the feeling of not being listened to. I think that is part of it.

But I think too are the economic losses and uncertainty caused by the pandemic that has hit minority communities disproportionately. People all over are afraid, and angry.

Those are drivers though - not a specific cause. I think I would say a reform of the police and criminal justice system is the cause.

Not sure what you're asking?

While I would not even consider leaving the USA over the current wave of anti-semitism, I do acknowledge that our current state of American politics really sucks. We have a choice of Trump & his ilk or the far left. As for me, for the first time in my life where I am eligible to vote, I will not vote for president. Therefore, whoever wins, don't blame me.

While I would not even consider leaving the USA over the current wave of anti-semitism, I do acknowledge that our current state of American politics really sucks. We have a choice of Trump & his ilk or the far left. As for me, for the first time in my life where I am eligible to vote, I will not vote for president. Therefore, whoever wins, don't blame me.
Pretty much what the German Jews said as Hitler rose to power.

So I take it you will vote for Biden & the new Jew hating, Israel hating democrats. Not me.

So I take it you will vote for Biden & the new Jew hating, Israel hating democrats. Not me.
No, I'll vote for Trump because he's the better choice. I agree with his goals on the economy, on defense, on foreign policy, on immigration, and I strongly agree with his positions on Israel and anti semitism. Biden was an embarrassing joke as a senator, as Sanders proved during the primary debates, a triumph of style over substance. I have voted in every presidential election since 1964, and I have never fully agreed with the candidate I voted for, but it is my obligation as a citizen to choose the best or at least the least awful candidate, and this time around, Trump is clearly the best choice.

No, I'll vote for Trump because he's the better choice. I agree with his goals on the economy, on defense, on foreign policy, on immigration, and I strongly agree with his positions on Israel and anti semitism. Biden was an embarrassing joke as a senator, as Sanders proved during the primary debates, a triumph of style over substance. I have voted in every presidential election since 1964, and I have never fully agreed with the candidate I voted for, but it is my obligation as a citizen to choose the best or at least the least awful candidate, and this time around, Trump is clearly the best choice.

You may be right on Trump as the better choice for our country & the Jews. For now, all our leaders piss me off.

You may be right on Trump as the better choice for our country & the Jews. For now, all our leaders piss me off.

Thank you for the input,

I dont think it is JUST one administration per se. I think it is the culmination of many things, some domestic, some world wide. The divisions here are influenced by things like job loss due to increased automation, a global economy, outsourcing...over a long period of time, among other things. Our recovery from the Great Recession did not lift everyone...many jobs never really came back and significant number of people felt left out and ignored...they had been suffering job losses far longer than the recession. I think the current president recognized this, spoke to it, and exploited those divisions. That is what a populist does. He didn’t create the division. But, imo, this administration, once it won, was in a unique position to attempt to heal those divisions but instead both widened and hardened them. I have never before seen us, ordinary Americans, expressed in the rhetoric of good vs. evil, because of our politics. Before...we were opponents, just opponents...who could move on to other things. This rhetorical shift began long ago under Gingrich. We are seeing the results of it now and it dismays me and makes me worry...because when people get like this, they look for scapegoats.

That's a thought provoking question...and, I'm not sure nor have I really thought about it (but will).

I think there isn't ONE cause, but many, driving this. The issue of police brutality towards blacks is an issue with a long history and it exists in living memory - there are people still alive who experienced it prior to and during the Civil Rights movement. Blacks are still more likely to get pulled over, more likely to get incarcerated, more likely to get killed, then whites in similar confrontations. In 2014, we had the riots in Ferguson, Missouri and one outcome of it was a start at reform (which was reversed by President Trump). I think what we are seeing is extreme frustration with no progress, no change and the feeling of not being listened to. I think that is part of it.

But I think too are the economic losses and uncertainty caused by the pandemic that has hit minority communities disproportionately. People all over are afraid, and angry.

Those are drivers though - not a specific cause. I think I would say a reform of the police and criminal justice system is the cause.

Not just one administration,
but the names mentioned are of just one party.

Under progressive Obama the race relations worsened.
There're good ideologies and there're evil ones, there's no argument,
but character assassination is the most common tactic against opposition,
and has been been the bread and butter of Left's ideological rhetoric and discourse.

Opposition is not merely defined as rightful disagreement,
but the cause of all evils not to be even reckoned - 'Deplorables' and "Uncle Toms"...

And according to my knowledge, the recent research by the African American professor,
revealed the opposite, the opposite of what you say and what he expected - police officers are actually more hesitant to shoot when the situation involves an African American. As much as that same Police reform of the previous admin. which was cancelled, was opposed by the community itself. And the increase of African policemen in the community did not decrease the percentage of stops and arrests.

But these are just excuses for the apparent absence of a constructive motivation to the riots and it's ideological platform. However their platform of race and disintegration is set out clearly.As well as it is clear what is their home party and which admin. welcomed them into White House.

Don't you see a problem in exploiting examples of these just causes as abolition of slavery and color-blindness as an excuse for disorder and further race framing?

While I would not even consider leaving the USA over the current wave of anti-semitism,

Good that You mention this, because it was listed in article as not among good reasons.
And I think so too, and it would be unfortunate for the young generation to make this choice solely for these reasons - it's a boring and in way even morally corrupt argument.

It's difficult on several levels, and definitely a financial compromise,
yet young singles and families still make the choice.

Leading to a more interesting discussion -
what should be the good and right reasons to make Aliyah?

Last edited:

Thank you for the input,

and has been been the bread and butter of Left's ideological rhetoric and discourse.

That is very much a matter of opinion. You view through a rightwing lens, I view it through a left. When Obama got elected, there were those who could accept a black president, and that was evident in the level of attacks that had nothing to do with policies. Race relations now, almost 4 years into this administration are at their worst since the Civil Rights era. Character assassination? It is a staple of the right as well, and in my opinion, it has become the go-to tool of this administration in particular and in a new way because it is not applied to just political figures but scientists like Dr. Fauci in order to discredit his public health recommendations. This is new and different...and dangerous because we, citizens and our governors, are getting contradictory and even reckless information on how to handle this epidemic. We are more divided than ever...and we have leadership that actively exploits those divisions. It is no longer a matter of who is better or worse, the left or the right....it is a matter of who can bridge that divide and is WILLING to.

but the cause of all evils not to be even reckoned - 'Deplorables' and "Uncle Toms"...

...and “human scum”, “Anti-American”, “47 percenter”...

But you 100% right in how the opposition is characterized, and that change in rhetoric goes back to 1990.

And according to my knowledge, the recent research by the African American professor,
revealed the opposite, the opposite of what you say and what he expected - police officers are actually more hesitant to shoot when the situation involves an African American. As much as that same Police reform of the previous admin. which was cancelled, was opposed by the community itself. And the increase of African policemen in the community did not decrease the percentage of stops and arrests.

But these are just excuses for the apparent absence of a constructive motivation to the riots and it's ideological platform. However their platform of race and disintegration is set out clearly.As well as it is clear what is their home party and which admin. welcomed them into White House.

I have heard on going both ways, and I think some of the differing perceptions are due to looking at law enforcement as one entity vs many. In the US, we thousands of different law enforcement agencies: federal, state, county, city and towns. They are not connected but independent. There are some clearly problematic ones...case in point, the one that controlled the murder of Ahmed Arbery. Others wouldbe Ferguson, which found to serious problems in an investigation after those riots. So...you can’t make blanket assertions that cops are all good or all bad, but you have to acknowledge the problems and fix them. In that I agree with the reforms the Obama administration attempted through the DoJ, where they invited law enforcement departments in and offered constructive help in improving community policing. The departments that were found to have a lot of violations entered into voluntary agreements to help improve them. This was done quietly, with out political fanfare. As a result, some some departments saw considerable improvement. I am thinking Dallas was one that sought help and is one our nations best regarded. The entire effort is now dismantled.

Don't you see a problem in exploiting examples of these just causes as abolition of slavery and color-blindness as an excuse for disorder and further race framing?

Well...I guess it depends. Is the current cause just or unjust? This isn’t a new issue, it has arisen multiple times over the decades, and never been adequately addressed. The police union is very powerful and was founded in To protect white supremacy. There is also no real means of weeding out the bad apples, whether individuals or departments. Race based police violence is alive in living memory. There are who remember being beaten bloody by police for marching for tbe right to vote, who remember having dogs turned on them and powerful fire hoses. And that is not to mention the thousands of incidents that would not have made national news. You can ignore it, and bury it it...or you can work to solve some of the problems that do exist and increase transparency. Labeling it as exploitation doesn’t address the real anger that underlies it. And if that isn’t acknowledged and addressed, this will happen again and again.

Thank you for the input,

That is very much a matter of opinion. You view through a rightwing lens, I view it through a left. When Obama got elected, there were those who could accept a black president, and that was evident in the level of attacks that had nothing to do with policies. Race relations now, almost 4 years into this administration are at their worst since the Civil Rights era. Character assassination? It is a staple of the right as well, and in my opinion, it has become the go-to tool of this administration in particular and in a new way because it is not applied to just political figures but scientists like Dr. Fauci in order to discredit his public health recommendations. This is new and different...and dangerous because we, citizens and our governors, are getting contradictory and even reckless information on how to handle this epidemic. We are more divided than ever...and we have leadership that actively exploits those divisions. It is no longer a matter of who is better or worse, the left or the right....it is a matter of who can bridge that divide and is WILLING to.

But you 100% right in how the opposition is characterized, and that change in rhetoric goes back to 1990.

I have heard on going both ways, and I think some of the differing perceptions are due to looking at law enforcement as one entity vs many. In the US, we thousands of different law enforcement agencies: federal, state, county, city and towns. They are not connected but independent. There are some clearly problematic ones...case in point, the one that controlled the murder of Ahmed Arbery. Others wouldbe Ferguson, which found to serious problems in an investigation after those riots. So...you can’t make blanket assertions that cops are all good or all bad, but you have to acknowledge the problems and fix them. In that I agree with the reforms the Obama administration attempted through the DoJ, where they invited law enforcement departments in and offered constructive help in improving community policing. The departments that were found to have a lot of violations entered into voluntary agreements to help improve them. This was done quietly, with out political fanfare. As a result, some some departments saw considerable improvement. I am thinking Dallas was one that sought help and is one our nations best regarded. The entire effort is now dismantled.

Well...I guess it depends. Is the current cause just or unjust? This isn’t a new issue, it has arisen multiple times over the decades, and never been adequately addressed. The police union is very powerful and was founded in To protect white supremacy. There is also no real means of weeding out the bad apples, whether individuals or departments. Race based police violence is alive in living memory. There are who remember being beaten bloody by police for marching for tbe right to vote, who remember having dogs turned on them and powerful fire hoses. And that is not to mention the thousands of incidents that would not have made national news. You can ignore it, and bury it it...or you can work to solve some of the problems that do exist and increase transparency. Labeling it as exploitation doesn’t address the real anger that underlies it. And if that isn’t acknowledged and addressed, this will happen again and again.

No that's not a matter of opinion or bias, but facts.
Let's talk facts and not hide the ideological platform.

They are not demanding a reform rather defunding/disbanding police,
and the only excuse used is race arguments however factual or not.

And far from only law enforcement, but framing the entire country as illegit.

Still wonder why disintegrationists can't be bothered with constructive solutions?

Last edited:

Thank you for the input,

Still wonder why disintegrationists can't be bothered with to constructive solutions?
Well, I was talking facts.

One fact is that you don’t have one single cause uniting all the protests across the country anymore. It has disintegrated into a multiplicity of issues and anarchy, and concerns over federal overreach, And the balance of civil rights, and law and order. At this point, I would agree I am not seeing a clear message from the protests, just Unfocused anger against everything. There no longer is a central message.

But I think it is important to keep in mind how much the media is inflaming this. Portland, for example, where most of focus and violence is, the protests are occurring in a 2 x 4 block area of a city that is 145 sq miles in size.

All of this obscures what are attempts at constructive solutions and focus’ attention on the extremes. Abolishing police is a no-go, not going to happen. “Defunding“ the police is really an unfortunate choice of terms because essentially what people are talking about are allocating some of the resources to other community programs that handle some of the things police often get called out for, but are not really equip for. One example of that are mental health issues. Another item, coming out of these protests is a renewed focus on the police union as it is currently constructed. The police union has been an obstacle to reform.

Thank you for the input,

Still wonder why disintegrationists can't be bothered with to constructive solutions?
Well, I was talking facts.

One fact is that you don’t have one single cause uniting all the protests across the country anymore. It has disintegrated into a multiplicity of issues and anarchy, and concerns over federal overreach, And the balance of civil rights, and law and order. At this point, I would agree I am not seeing a clear message from the protests, just Unfocused anger against everything. There no longer is a central message.

But I think it is important to keep in mind how much the media is inflaming this. Portland, for example, where most of focus and violence is, the protests are occurring in a 2 x 4 block area of a city that is 145 sq miles in size.

All of this obscures what are attempts at constructive solutions and focus’ attention on the extremes. Abolishing police is a no-go, not going to happen. “Defunding“ the police is really an unfortunate choice of terms because essentially what people are talking about are allocating some of the resources to other community programs that handle some of the things police often get called out for, but are not really equip for. One example of that are mental health issues. Another item, coming out of these protests is a renewed focus on the police union as it is currently constructed. The police union has been an obstacle to reform.

No clear voice or cause,
but each demand systemic reform for the sake of reform?

Stop it.

The main organization behind the riots have a clearly set ideological platform,
political affiliation and specific radical revolutionist philosophy - Marxism.

They cynically exploit and radicalize every cause, division and identity,
with a clear purpose to destroy the society, and all principles at its foundation.

Last edited:
,.m

Thank you for the input,

No clear voice or cause,

Stop it.

with a clear purpose to destroy the society, and all principles at its foundation.

Well, I was talking facts. AND, I pointed out constructive solutions that were being put into place.

That is where we depart from fact and into political ideology. There is no one main organization behind the riots as you describe. If you are thinking Antifa - they just aren't "organized" in such away. From what law enforcement has said - what's behind the riots differs from place to place, not some shadowy group controlling it all. In fact it seems more as if there are opportunists jumping in to either promote violence or flag their own causes.

For example:
AS PROTESTS AGAINST police violence spread to every state in the U.S. and dramatic images flooded in from cities across the country, President Donald Trump and his attorney general spun an ominous story of opportunistic leftists exploiting a national trauma to sow chaos and disorder. They were the anti-fascists known as “antifa”, and according to the administration they were domestic terrorists who would be policed accordingly.
But while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.

Now I'm going to depart from the facts and give my opinion- there are serious underlying issues here - behind these riots, or rather questions that need to be asked.

There are issues such as - severe unemployment, increasing income gap, an economic collapse, the threat of evictions and foreclosures, job loss - all of which have effected the black community harder than the white community...but the economic outlook right now is bleak for everyone. That will certainly drive social unrest don't you think? And this is where leadership is critical but in chaos. They often say people turn to rioting because they lack a voice. Not to say that is ok - but this is not a new situation, why has little changed?

Then you have those who exploit it - movements and players that hijack protests because increasing violence serves their cause. You focus on left, but they just aren't as organized as you think. Look for example at the Occupy Wallstreet movement. You ignore the extreme right - white nationalists who also exploit the situation in some of these riots.

,.m

Thank you for the input,

No clear voice or cause,

Stop it.

Well, I was talking facts. AND, I pointed out constructive solutions that were being put into place.

That is where we depart from fact and into political ideology. There is no one main organization behind the riots as you describe. If you are thinking Antifa - they just aren't "organized" in such away. From what law enforcement has said - what's behind the riots differs from place to place, not some shadowy group controlling it all. In fact it seems more as if there are opportunists jumping in to either promote violence or flag their own causes.

For example:
AS PROTESTS AGAINST police violence spread to every state in the U.S. and dramatic images flooded in from cities across the country, President Donald Trump and his attorney general spun an ominous story of opportunistic leftists exploiting a national trauma to sow chaos and disorder. They were the anti-fascists known as “antifa”, and according to the administration they were domestic terrorists who would be policed accordingly.
But while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.

Now I'm going to depart from the facts and give my opinion- there are serious underlying issues here - behind these riots, or rather questions that need to be asked.

There are issues such as - severe unemployment, increasing income gap, an economic collapse, the threat of evictions and foreclosures, job loss - all of which have effected the black community harder than the white community...but the economic outlook right now is bleak for everyone. That will certainly drive social unrest don't you think? And this is where leadership is critical but in chaos. They often say people turn to rioting because they lack a voice. Not to say that is ok - but this is not a new situation, why has little changed?

Then you have those who exploit it - movements and players that hijack protests because increasing violence serves their cause. You focus on left, but they just aren't as organized as you think. Look for example at the Occupy Wallstreet movement. You ignore the extreme right - white nationalists who also exploit the situation in some of these riots.

Stop sidestepping,
Black Lives Matter have a set ideological platform,
you just don't want to acknowledge it but it's all in the open.

As much as their framing of Jews as the archetypal "white race" and epitome of evil.

Last edited:
I hope and pray that each and every one of you believes that we all here love you so much.

To my friends all over the world, and specifically in America,

There is a wonderful teaching from Rebbe Nahman of Breslov. It’s found right in between the first and second parts of Likutei Moharan, titled “Ehad Haya Avraham.”

In this powerful teaching, Rebbe Nahman explores the character of Avraham Avinu (Abraham our Patriarch). What made Avraham Avinu Avraham Avinu? It was when he understood what it means to love someone.

Avraham Avinu became Avraham Avinu when he realized that he really loved people. He loved his generation and he loved the world – enough to not care what they would think of him. He realized that if he loved someone, but was really more concerned about what they thought of him, then he couldn’t really love them.

Loving someone for real means loving them regardless of what they think of me. If I truly love them and sincerely care for them, that comes before anything.

What does this have to do with right now?

Many people have already had the privilege of hearing the words “Lech lecha.” They have packed up their bags and moved to Eretz Yisrael. Sadly enough, quite often they believed in using the “guilt card” toward family members and friends who were still living back in the States. I have never met anyone who has moved to Eretz Yisrael because of guilt. Nor should they.

I hope and pray that each and every one of you believes that we all here love you so much.
It’s time to come home. Not because of any Zionist motive, or any other motive. It’s just time to come home.

Perhaps the current riots will end in the next few days. Maybe they won’t, but maybe they will. The mere fact that this is actually happening right now, however, should be enough to make us stop and say to the Master of the universe: “Thank you so much for this gift called America – it’s been an amazing gift!” It has given so much to humanity and truly has been so incredible to the Jewish people as well.

And yet, what is taking place right now in the States forces us to do some deep introspection and adopt the concept of hayecha kodmin – putting your life first.

Who would have dreamed that 75 years after Auschwitz, rabbis across the country would have to gather up the Torah scrolls from their shuls and hide them in their homes, out of fear of the shuls being broken into and vandalized. This is just one example of the unfathomable.

We could give a million different reasons as to why someone should come home, but the truth is that one doesn’t need a reason to come home.

I am fully aware of the difficulty behind a commitment like this. It’s probably one of the most difficult decisions anyone could make – to uproot oneself and one’s family from that which they know, from that which they feel comfortable with. It is extremely tough.

But I want to tell you something even more important. We here in Eretz Yisrael, we need you. We are still trying to figure out what this dream of coming back home is all about. We are working very hard on it. And it would be so beautiful and so right if we could figure out the rest of our journey to our destiny together with the rest of the mishpaha (family).

Full article:

(Comment)

What more can I add to such clear words?
I'm ready to give half of my apartment and eat rice if that's what it takes.

From here, the situation looks seriously on the edge,
Jews are collectively framed as the animus of every social movement.
Regardless of elections there's a whole network laid out in the Universities,
media, as much as the Democratic party, in which the community traditionally
used to seek protection.

Even if a reverse of the default Democratic support seems to be a natural result of US Jewish demographics, these things can take at least a generation, but that wouldn't change much, and the situation is already explosive.

But of course, if I'm exaggerating, will gladly hear other opinions.
- constructive discourse is welcome.
I would move to Israel, one of the safest places on earth, in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
Perhaps in a year or 2.

...What plan did you read that indicated that the Israelis were planning a displacement?...
I can read a map, and its evolution since 1948, and so can you.

The latest proposed West Bank annexation variants are presently on the table and would be backed by the Trump administration.

It's "death by a thousand cuts" spanning a century, old boy...

The Jews of Israel know that there will be no lasting peace and security until the Palis are sitting on the East Bank...

It's merely a matter of how long and how many back-flips they'll have to execute before they get where they need to go.

And they will.
When Ayelet Shaked become PM the Arabs will be gone.

No country has tolerated Jews for this long.
The welcome mat is slowly disappearing.

To my friends all over the world, and specifically in America,

There is a wonderful teaching from Rebbe Nahman of Breslov. It’s found right in between the first and second parts of Likutei Moharan, titled “Ehad Haya Avraham.”

In this powerful teaching, Rebbe Nahman explores the character of Avraham Avinu (Abraham our Patriarch). What made Avraham Avinu Avraham Avinu? It was when he understood what it means to love someone.

Avraham Avinu became Avraham Avinu when he realized that he really loved people. He loved his generation and he loved the world – enough to not care what they would think of him. He realized that if he loved someone, but was really more concerned about what they thought of him, then he couldn’t really love them.

Loving someone for real means loving them regardless of what they think of me. If I truly love them and sincerely care for them, that comes before anything.

What does this have to do with right now?

Many people have already had the privilege of hearing the words “Lech lecha.” They have packed up their bags and moved to Eretz Yisrael. Sadly enough, quite often they believed in using the “guilt card” toward family members and friends who were still living back in the States. I have never met anyone who has moved to Eretz Yisrael because of guilt. Nor should they.

It’s time to come home. Not because of any Zionist motive, or any other motive. It’s just time to come home.

Perhaps the current riots will end in the next few days. Maybe they won’t, but maybe they will. The mere fact that this is actually happening right now, however, should be enough to make us stop and say to the Master of the universe: “Thank you so much for this gift called America – it’s been an amazing gift!” It has given so much to humanity and truly has been so incredible to the Jewish people as well.

And yet, what is taking place right now in the States forces us to do some deep introspection and adopt the concept of hayecha kodmin – putting your life first.

Who would have dreamed that 75 years after Auschwitz, rabbis across the country would have to gather up the Torah scrolls from their shuls and hide them in their homes, out of fear of the shuls being broken into and vandalized. This is just one example of the unfathomable.

We could give a million different reasons as to why someone should come home, but the truth is that one doesn’t need a reason to come home.

I am fully aware of the difficulty behind a commitment like this. It’s probably one of the most difficult decisions anyone could make – to uproot oneself and one’s family from that which they know, from that which they feel comfortable with. It is extremely tough.

But I want to tell you something even more important. We here in Eretz Yisrael, we need you. We are still trying to figure out what this dream of coming back home is all about. We are working very hard on it. And it would be so beautiful and so right if we could figure out the rest of our journey to our destiny together with the rest of the mishpaha (family).

Full article:

(Comment)

What more can I add to such clear words?
I'm ready to give half of my apartment and eat rice if that's what it takes.

From here, the situation looks seriously on the edge,
Jews are collectively framed as the animus of every social movement.
Regardless of elections there's a whole network laid out in the Universities,
media, as much as the Democratic party, in which the community traditionally
used to seek protection.

Even if a reverse of the default Democratic support seems to be a natural result of US Jewish demographics, these things can take at least a generation, but that wouldn't change much, and the situation is already explosive.

But of course, if I'm exaggerating, will gladly hear other opinions.
- constructive discourse is welcome.
I would move to Israel, one of the safest places on earth, in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
Perhaps in a year or 2.
Question rather is safety a good enough reason,
or You just sincerely want?

Forum List

Back