American Jewry, It's time to come home

I hope and pray that each and every one of you believes that we all here love you so much.

To my friends all over the world, and specifically in America,

There is a wonderful teaching from Rebbe Nahman of Breslov. It’s found right in between the first and second parts of Likutei Moharan, titled “Ehad Haya Avraham.”

In this powerful teaching, Rebbe Nahman explores the character of Avraham Avinu (Abraham our Patriarch). What made Avraham Avinu Avraham Avinu? It was when he understood what it means to love someone.

Avraham Avinu became Avraham Avinu when he realized that he really loved people. He loved his generation and he loved the world – enough to not care what they would think of him. He realized that if he loved someone, but was really more concerned about what they thought of him, then he couldn’t really love them.

Loving someone for real means loving them regardless of what they think of me. If I truly love them and sincerely care for them, that comes before anything.

What does this have to do with right now?

Many people have already had the privilege of hearing the words “Lech lecha.” They have packed up their bags and moved to Eretz Yisrael. Sadly enough, quite often they believed in using the “guilt card” toward family members and friends who were still living back in the States. I have never met anyone who has moved to Eretz Yisrael because of guilt. Nor should they.

I hope and pray that each and every one of you believes that we all here love you so much.
It’s time to come home. Not because of any Zionist motive, or any other motive. It’s just time to come home.

Perhaps the current riots will end in the next few days. Maybe they won’t, but maybe they will. The mere fact that this is actually happening right now, however, should be enough to make us stop and say to the Master of the universe: “Thank you so much for this gift called America – it’s been an amazing gift!” It has given so much to humanity and truly has been so incredible to the Jewish people as well.

And yet, what is taking place right now in the States forces us to do some deep introspection and adopt the concept of hayecha kodmin – putting your life first.

Who would have dreamed that 75 years after Auschwitz, rabbis across the country would have to gather up the Torah scrolls from their shuls and hide them in their homes, out of fear of the shuls being broken into and vandalized. This is just one example of the unfathomable.

We could give a million different reasons as to why someone should come home, but the truth is that one doesn’t need a reason to come home.

I am fully aware of the difficulty behind a commitment like this. It’s probably one of the most difficult decisions anyone could make – to uproot oneself and one’s family from that which they know, from that which they feel comfortable with. It is extremely tough.

But I want to tell you something even more important. We here in Eretz Yisrael, we need you. We are still trying to figure out what this dream of coming back home is all about. We are working very hard on it. And it would be so beautiful and so right if we could figure out the rest of our journey to our destiny together with the rest of the mishpaha (family).

Full article:

(Comment)
The US is a spiritual graveyard.
What more can I add to such clear words?
I'm ready to give half of my apartment and eat rice if that's what it takes.

From here, the situation looks seriously on the edge,
Jews are collectively framed as the animus of every social movement.
Regardless of elections there's a whole network laid out in the Universities,
media, as much as the Democratic party, in which the community traditionally
used to seek protection.

Even if a reverse of the default Democratic support seems to be a natural result of US Jewish demographics, these things can take at least a generation, but that wouldn't change much, and the situation is already explosive.

But of course, if I'm exaggerating, will gladly hear other opinions.
- constructive discourse is welcome.
I would move to Israel, one of the safest places on earth, in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
Perhaps in a year or 2.
Question rather is safety a good enough reason,
or You just sincerely want?

,.m
Israelis are worried – about America
Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over it hurting for it - that used to be our job, from the all-powerful USA. Op-ed.

Here is one newspaper that tells the truth, even when it hurts. An editorial in the New York Post puts it unambiguously – the Democrat Party has abandoned Israel. To that, we add another sorry fact. The Democrat Party has (also) abandoned the United States of America.

Those are Democrat governors and mayors who are encouraging the mobs to trash and vandalize our cities, and to resist the police. Nancy Pelosi refers to America’s law enforcement heroes as “stormtroopers.”

I wish I had better news for my friends and family in Israel, because here’s a twist. Israelis are worried about us here in the United States.

“Are you okay?” Those are emails and phone calls I keep getting from Israel…sometimes frantic. Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over Israel, hurting for Israel, that used to be our job, from the all-powerful United States.

All-powerful? Now we are down on our knees. Literally? Yes. Here’s a picture you thought you’d never see. The Democrat candidate for president of the United States down on a knee in an act of obedient submission to the mob.

Ain’t that a kick in the head…watching a civilization crumble before your very eyes. This, 2020, has been the worst year for America since…since Elvis died, 1977. Or pick your own year. Some might say 9/11/2001. Others are even saying 1492. The New York Times dates it as the “1619 Project,” as if it’s all my fault.

Brother – do I sound depressed!

Like I said, from America we’d check the news to ask, now what? NOW WHAT! Which one of our family…meaning Klal Yisrael…has been hit? Of the loved ones who have suffered from generations of intifadas, I will spare you the details. You’ve got your own stories, I am sure.

So what’s happening in America?

I don’t know, except that you do not want to be living in Portland, or Seattle, or Baltimore, or New Orleans, or Chicago, or Philadelphia, or DC, or NYC, or any place run by Democrats. It’s as if we obliterated the Taliban over there, and brought them over here, and many of them, as Bari Weiss tells us, with a broken heart, work at The New York Times.

My country will weather the divisions and damage caused by our current president, just as it did the Civil War, the fight for Civil Rights, two world wars and the great depression. What is happening now is the result of a “perfect storm” of short and long term worldwide events, bad leadership, divisive policies. What is not so good, is the relentless search for scapegoats when times are bad, whether it’s Jews or Muslims or immigrants or political ideologies. What I hope is we will come out the better for it, what I worry is...how changed will it be and will happen in between. The whole world is changing.
Thank you for the input,
but there're some things I don't understand.

How can a problem be entirely blamed on one administration,
especially when talking about such fundamental issues as division?

I dont think it is JUST one administration per se. I think it is the culmination of many things, some domestic, some world wide. The divisions here are influenced by things like job loss due to increased automation, a global economy, outsourcing...over a long period of time, among other things. Our recovery from the Great Recession did not lift everyone...many jobs never really came back and significant number of people felt left out and ignored...they had been suffering job losses far longer than the recession. I think the current president recognized this, spoke to it, and exploited those divisions. That is what a populist does. He didn’t create the division. But, imo, this administration, once it won, was in a unique position to attempt to heal those divisions but instead both widened and hardened them. I have never before seen us, ordinary Americans, expressed in the rhetoric of good vs. evil, because of our politics. Before...we were opponents, just opponents...who could move on to other things. This rhetorical shift began long ago under Gingrich. We are seeing the results of it now and it dismays me and makes me worry...because when people get like this, they look for scapegoats.

In the Civil War there was a just and constructive cause,
in the Civil Rights there was just and constructive cause,
what is specifically constructive about what people now are fighting for?

That's a thought provoking question...and, I'm not sure nor have I really thought about it (but will).

I think there isn't ONE cause, but many, driving this. The issue of police brutality towards blacks is an issue with a long history and it exists in living memory - there are people still alive who experienced it prior to and during the Civil Rights movement. Blacks are still more likely to get pulled over, more likely to get incarcerated, more likely to get killed, then whites in similar confrontations. In 2014, we had the riots in Ferguson, Missouri and one outcome of it was a start at reform (which was reversed by President Trump). I think what we are seeing is extreme frustration with no progress, no change and the feeling of not being listened to. I think that is part of it.

But I think too are the economic losses and uncertainty caused by the pandemic that has hit minority communities disproportionately. People all over are afraid, and angry.

Those are drivers though - not a specific cause. I think I would say a reform of the police and criminal justice system is the cause.

And where can Americans 'meet' if there're only 2 parties,
while one of them targets the entire basis of the system as ilegit?

In Israel, there're many parties, there's coalition and opposition,
but the left and the right usually get to meet in both of them...

Not sure what you're asking?
Not just one administration,
but the names mentioned are of just one party.

Under progressive Obama the race relations worsened.
There're good ideologies and there're evil ones, there's no argument,
but character assassination is the most common tactic against opposition,
and has been been the bread and butter of Left's ideological rhetoric and discourse.

That is very much a matter of opinion. You view through a rightwing lens, I view it through a left. When Obama got elected, there were those who could accept a black president, and that was evident in the level of attacks that had nothing to do with policies. Race relations now, almost 4 years into this administration are at their worst since the Civil Rights era. Character assassination? It is a staple of the right as well, and in my opinion, it has become the go-to tool of this administration in particular and in a new way because it is not applied to just political figures but scientists like Dr. Fauci in order to discredit his public health recommendations. This is new and different...and dangerous because we, citizens and our governors, are getting contradictory and even reckless information on how to handle this epidemic. We are more divided than ever...and we have leadership that actively exploits those divisions. It is no longer a matter of who is better or worse, the left or the right....it is a matter of who can bridge that divide and is WILLING to.

Opposition is not merely defined as rightful disagreement,
but the cause of all evils not to be even reckoned - 'Deplorables' and "Uncle Toms"...

...and “human scum”, “Anti-American”, “47 percenter”...

But you 100% right in how the opposition is characterized, and that change in rhetoric goes back to 1990.

And according to my knowledge, the recent research by the African American professor,
revealed the opposite, the opposite of what you say and what he expected - police officers are actually more hesitant to shoot when the situation involves an African American. As much as that same Police reform of the previous admin. which was cancelled, was opposed by the community itself. And the increase of African policemen in the community did not decrease the percentage of stops and arrests.

But these are just excuses for the apparent absence of a constructive motivation to the riots and it's ideological platform. However their platform of race and disintegration is set out clearly.As well as it is clear what is their home party and which admin. welcomed them into White House.

I have heard on going both ways, and I think some of the differing perceptions are due to looking at law enforcement as one entity vs many. In the US, we thousands of different law enforcement agencies: federal, state, county, city and towns. They are not connected but independent. There are some clearly problematic ones...case in point, the one that controlled the murder of Ahmed Arbery. Others wouldbe Ferguson, which found to serious problems in an investigation after those riots. So...you can’t make blanket assertions that cops are all good or all bad, but you have to acknowledge the problems and fix them. In that I agree with the reforms the Obama administration attempted through the DoJ, where they invited law enforcement departments in and offered constructive help in improving community policing. The departments that were found to have a lot of violations entered into voluntary agreements to help improve them. This was done quietly, with out political fanfare. As a result, some some departments saw considerable improvement. I am thinking Dallas was one that sought help and is one our nations best regarded. The entire effort is now dismantled.

Don't you see a problem in exploiting examples of these just causes as abolition of slavery and color-blindness as an excuse for disorder and further race framing?

Well...I guess it depends. Is the current cause just or unjust? This isn’t a new issue, it has arisen multiple times over the decades, and never been adequately addressed. The police union is very powerful and was founded in To protect white supremacy. There is also no real means of weeding out the bad apples, whether individuals or departments. Race based police violence is alive in living memory. There are who remember being beaten bloody by police for marching for tbe right to vote, who remember having dogs turned on them and powerful fire hoses. And that is not to mention the thousands of incidents that would not have made national news. You can ignore it, and bury it it...or you can work to solve some of the problems that do exist and increase transparency. Labeling it as exploitation doesn’t address the real anger that underlies it. And if that isn’t acknowledged and addressed, this will happen again and again.

No that's not a matter of opinion or bias, but facts.
Let's talk facts and not hide the ideological platform.

They are not demanding a reform rather defunding/disbanding police,
and the only excuse used is race arguments however factual or not.

And far from only law enforcement, but framing the entire country as illegit.

Still wonder why disintegrationists can't be bothered with to constructive solutions?

One fact is that you don’t have one single cause uniting all the protests across the country anymore. It has disintegrated into a multiplicity of issues and anarchy, and concerns over federal overreach, And the balance of civil rights, and law and order. At this point, I would agree I am not seeing a clear message from the protests, just Unfocused anger against everything. There no longer is a central message.

But I think it is important to keep in mind how much the media is inflaming this. Portland, for example, where most of focus and violence is, the protests are occurring in a 2 x 4 block area of a city that is 145 sq miles in size.

All of this obscures what are attempts at constructive solutions and focus’ attention on the extremes. Abolishing police is a no-go, not going to happen. “Defunding“ the police is really an unfortunate choice of terms because essentially what people are talking about are allocating some of the resources to other community programs that handle some of the things police often get called out for, but are not really equip for. One example of that are mental health issues. Another item, coming out of these protests is a renewed focus on the police union as it is currently constructed. The police union has been an obstacle to reform.

No clear voice or cause,
but each demand systemic reform for the sake of reform?

Stop it.

The main organization behind the riots have a clearly set ideological platform,
political affiliation and specific radical revolutionist philosophy - Marxism.

They cynically exploit and radicalize every cause, division and identity,
with a clear purpose to destroy the society, and all principles at its foundation.

Well, I was talking facts. AND, I pointed out constructive solutions that were being put into place.

That is where we depart from fact and into political ideology. There is no one main organization behind the riots as you describe. If you are thinking Antifa - they just aren't "organized" in such away. From what law enforcement has said - what's behind the riots differs from place to place, not some shadowy group controlling it all. In fact it seems more as if there are opportunists jumping in to either promote violence or flag their own causes.

For example:
AS PROTESTS AGAINST police violence spread to every state in the U.S. and dramatic images flooded in from cities across the country, President Donald Trump and his attorney general spun an ominous story of opportunistic leftists exploiting a national trauma to sow chaos and disorder. They were the anti-fascists known as “antifa”, and according to the administration they were domestic terrorists who would be policed accordingly.
But while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.

Now I'm going to depart from the facts and give my opinion- there are serious underlying issues here - behind these riots, or rather questions that need to be asked.

There are issues such as - severe unemployment, increasing income gap, an economic collapse, the threat of evictions and foreclosures, job loss - all of which have effected the black community harder than the white community...but the economic outlook right now is bleak for everyone. That will certainly drive social unrest don't you think? And this is where leadership is critical but in chaos. They often say people turn to rioting because they lack a voice. Not to say that is ok - but this is not a new situation, why has little changed?

Then you have those who exploit it - movements and players that hijack protests because increasing violence serves their cause. You focus on left, but they just aren't as organized as you think. Look for example at the Occupy Wallstreet movement. You ignore the extreme right - white nationalists who also exploit the situation in some of these riots.

Stop sidestepping,
Black Lives Matter have a set ideological platform,
you just don't want to acknowledge it but it's all in the open.

As much as their framing of Jews as the archetypal "white race" and epitome of evil.

I am not side stepping anything, I'm pointing out the bigger picture whether or not you choose to see it. These protests are more complicated than what you wish to see.

BLM is not a single movement. It's a trade mark group, and yes, with marxist roots vis a vis the founders, but it's also a larger and more dispersed movement independent of that group.

I think these two articles frame it well. One is a notably rightwing source, and stronger on the marxist angle, but also points out that it is in addition a wider movement that is driven by the public, not by any leadership.

The other might be termed from a leftwing source and addresses the claims of marxist being based on one of the founder's statements but also makes the same point about the broader movement.

• Black Lives Matter was founded by community organizers. One of the three co-founders said in 2015 that she and another co-founder “are trained Marxists.”
  • Black Lives Matters has grown into a national anti-racism movement broadly supported by Americans, few of whom would identify themselves as Marxist.
And lastly...a thoughtful opinion piece from a Jew who is American and Israeli and White, that addresses antisemitism, racism, and Israel and whether or not to support the overall BLM movement...https://www.jta.org/2020/06/10/opinion/stop-using-israel-as-an-excuse-not-to-support-black-lives-matter

There is not a set ideological platform here, because there is not a "set" group - there is a trademarked group called BLM and there is a wider movement, who say Black Lives Matter.

,.m
Israelis are worried – about America
Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over it hurting for it - that used to be our job, from the all-powerful USA. Op-ed.

Here is one newspaper that tells the truth, even when it hurts. An editorial in the New York Post puts it unambiguously – the Democrat Party has abandoned Israel. To that, we add another sorry fact. The Democrat Party has (also) abandoned the United States of America.

Those are Democrat governors and mayors who are encouraging the mobs to trash and vandalize our cities, and to resist the police. Nancy Pelosi refers to America’s law enforcement heroes as “stormtroopers.”

I wish I had better news for my friends and family in Israel, because here’s a twist. Israelis are worried about us here in the United States.

“Are you okay?” Those are emails and phone calls I keep getting from Israel…sometimes frantic. Used to be the other way round. Loving Israel, agonizing over Israel, hurting for Israel, that used to be our job, from the all-powerful United States.

All-powerful? Now we are down on our knees. Literally? Yes. Here’s a picture you thought you’d never see. The Democrat candidate for president of the United States down on a knee in an act of obedient submission to the mob.

Ain’t that a kick in the head…watching a civilization crumble before your very eyes. This, 2020, has been the worst year for America since…since Elvis died, 1977. Or pick your own year. Some might say 9/11/2001. Others are even saying 1492. The New York Times dates it as the “1619 Project,” as if it’s all my fault.

Brother – do I sound depressed!

Like I said, from America we’d check the news to ask, now what? NOW WHAT! Which one of our family…meaning Klal Yisrael…has been hit? Of the loved ones who have suffered from generations of intifadas, I will spare you the details. You’ve got your own stories, I am sure.

So what’s happening in America?

I don’t know, except that you do not want to be living in Portland, or Seattle, or Baltimore, or New Orleans, or Chicago, or Philadelphia, or DC, or NYC, or any place run by Democrats. It’s as if we obliterated the Taliban over there, and brought them over here, and many of them, as Bari Weiss tells us, with a broken heart, work at The New York Times.

My country will weather the divisions and damage caused by our current president, just as it did the Civil War, the fight for Civil Rights, two world wars and the great depression. What is happening now is the result of a “perfect storm” of short and long term worldwide events, bad leadership, divisive policies. What is not so good, is the relentless search for scapegoats when times are bad, whether it’s Jews or Muslims or immigrants or political ideologies. What I hope is we will come out the better for it, what I worry is...how changed will it be and will happen in between. The whole world is changing.
Thank you for the input,
but there're some things I don't understand.

How can a problem be entirely blamed on one administration,
especially when talking about such fundamental issues as division?

I dont think it is JUST one administration per se. I think it is the culmination of many things, some domestic, some world wide. The divisions here are influenced by things like job loss due to increased automation, a global economy, outsourcing...over a long period of time, among other things. Our recovery from the Great Recession did not lift everyone...many jobs never really came back and significant number of people felt left out and ignored...they had been suffering job losses far longer than the recession. I think the current president recognized this, spoke to it, and exploited those divisions. That is what a populist does. He didn’t create the division. But, imo, this administration, once it won, was in a unique position to attempt to heal those divisions but instead both widened and hardened them. I have never before seen us, ordinary Americans, expressed in the rhetoric of good vs. evil, because of our politics. Before...we were opponents, just opponents...who could move on to other things. This rhetorical shift began long ago under Gingrich. We are seeing the results of it now and it dismays me and makes me worry...because when people get like this, they look for scapegoats.

In the Civil War there was a just and constructive cause,
in the Civil Rights there was just and constructive cause,
what is specifically constructive about what people now are fighting for?

That's a thought provoking question...and, I'm not sure nor have I really thought about it (but will).

I think there isn't ONE cause, but many, driving this. The issue of police brutality towards blacks is an issue with a long history and it exists in living memory - there are people still alive who experienced it prior to and during the Civil Rights movement. Blacks are still more likely to get pulled over, more likely to get incarcerated, more likely to get killed, then whites in similar confrontations. In 2014, we had the riots in Ferguson, Missouri and one outcome of it was a start at reform (which was reversed by President Trump). I think what we are seeing is extreme frustration with no progress, no change and the feeling of not being listened to. I think that is part of it.

But I think too are the economic losses and uncertainty caused by the pandemic that has hit minority communities disproportionately. People all over are afraid, and angry.

Those are drivers though - not a specific cause. I think I would say a reform of the police and criminal justice system is the cause.

And where can Americans 'meet' if there're only 2 parties,
while one of them targets the entire basis of the system as ilegit?

In Israel, there're many parties, there's coalition and opposition,
but the left and the right usually get to meet in both of them...

Not sure what you're asking?
Not just one administration,
but the names mentioned are of just one party.

Under progressive Obama the race relations worsened.
There're good ideologies and there're evil ones, there's no argument,
but character assassination is the most common tactic against opposition,
and has been been the bread and butter of Left's ideological rhetoric and discourse.

That is very much a matter of opinion. You view through a rightwing lens, I view it through a left. When Obama got elected, there were those who could accept a black president, and that was evident in the level of attacks that had nothing to do with policies. Race relations now, almost 4 years into this administration are at their worst since the Civil Rights era. Character assassination? It is a staple of the right as well, and in my opinion, it has become the go-to tool of this administration in particular and in a new way because it is not applied to just political figures but scientists like Dr. Fauci in order to discredit his public health recommendations. This is new and different...and dangerous because we, citizens and our governors, are getting contradictory and even reckless information on how to handle this epidemic. We are more divided than ever...and we have leadership that actively exploits those divisions. It is no longer a matter of who is better or worse, the left or the right....it is a matter of who can bridge that divide and is WILLING to.

Opposition is not merely defined as rightful disagreement,
but the cause of all evils not to be even reckoned - 'Deplorables' and "Uncle Toms"...

...and “human scum”, “Anti-American”, “47 percenter”...

But you 100% right in how the opposition is characterized, and that change in rhetoric goes back to 1990.

And according to my knowledge, the recent research by the African American professor,
revealed the opposite, the opposite of what you say and what he expected - police officers are actually more hesitant to shoot when the situation involves an African American. As much as that same Police reform of the previous admin. which was cancelled, was opposed by the community itself. And the increase of African policemen in the community did not decrease the percentage of stops and arrests.

But these are just excuses for the apparent absence of a constructive motivation to the riots and it's ideological platform. However their platform of race and disintegration is set out clearly.As well as it is clear what is their home party and which admin. welcomed them into White House.

I have heard on going both ways, and I think some of the differing perceptions are due to looking at law enforcement as one entity vs many. In the US, we thousands of different law enforcement agencies: federal, state, county, city and towns. They are not connected but independent. There are some clearly problematic ones...case in point, the one that controlled the murder of Ahmed Arbery. Others wouldbe Ferguson, which found to serious problems in an investigation after those riots. So...you can’t make blanket assertions that cops are all good or all bad, but you have to acknowledge the problems and fix them. In that I agree with the reforms the Obama administration attempted through the DoJ, where they invited law enforcement departments in and offered constructive help in improving community policing. The departments that were found to have a lot of violations entered into voluntary agreements to help improve them. This was done quietly, with out political fanfare. As a result, some some departments saw considerable improvement. I am thinking Dallas was one that sought help and is one our nations best regarded. The entire effort is now dismantled.

Don't you see a problem in exploiting examples of these just causes as abolition of slavery and color-blindness as an excuse for disorder and further race framing?

Well...I guess it depends. Is the current cause just or unjust? This isn’t a new issue, it has arisen multiple times over the decades, and never been adequately addressed. The police union is very powerful and was founded in To protect white supremacy. There is also no real means of weeding out the bad apples, whether individuals or departments. Race based police violence is alive in living memory. There are who remember being beaten bloody by police for marching for tbe right to vote, who remember having dogs turned on them and powerful fire hoses. And that is not to mention the thousands of incidents that would not have made national news. You can ignore it, and bury it it...or you can work to solve some of the problems that do exist and increase transparency. Labeling it as exploitation doesn’t address the real anger that underlies it. And if that isn’t acknowledged and addressed, this will happen again and again.

No that's not a matter of opinion or bias, but facts.
Let's talk facts and not hide the ideological platform.

They are not demanding a reform rather defunding/disbanding police,
and the only excuse used is race arguments however factual or not.

And far from only law enforcement, but framing the entire country as illegit.

Still wonder why disintegrationists can't be bothered with to constructive solutions?

One fact is that you don’t have one single cause uniting all the protests across the country anymore. It has disintegrated into a multiplicity of issues and anarchy, and concerns over federal overreach, And the balance of civil rights, and law and order. At this point, I would agree I am not seeing a clear message from the protests, just Unfocused anger against everything. There no longer is a central message.

But I think it is important to keep in mind how much the media is inflaming this. Portland, for example, where most of focus and violence is, the protests are occurring in a 2 x 4 block area of a city that is 145 sq miles in size.

All of this obscures what are attempts at constructive solutions and focus’ attention on the extremes. Abolishing police is a no-go, not going to happen. “Defunding“ the police is really an unfortunate choice of terms because essentially what people are talking about are allocating some of the resources to other community programs that handle some of the things police often get called out for, but are not really equip for. One example of that are mental health issues. Another item, coming out of these protests is a renewed focus on the police union as it is currently constructed. The police union has been an obstacle to reform.

No clear voice or cause,
but each demand systemic reform for the sake of reform?

Stop it.

The main organization behind the riots have a clearly set ideological platform,
political affiliation and specific radical revolutionist philosophy - Marxism.

They cynically exploit and radicalize every cause, division and identity,
with a clear purpose to destroy the society, and all principles at its foundation.

Well, I was talking facts. AND, I pointed out constructive solutions that were being put into place.

That is where we depart from fact and into political ideology. There is no one main organization behind the riots as you describe. If you are thinking Antifa - they just aren't "organized" in such away. From what law enforcement has said - what's behind the riots differs from place to place, not some shadowy group controlling it all. In fact it seems more as if there are opportunists jumping in to either promote violence or flag their own causes.

For example:
AS PROTESTS AGAINST police violence spread to every state in the U.S. and dramatic images flooded in from cities across the country, President Donald Trump and his attorney general spun an ominous story of opportunistic leftists exploiting a national trauma to sow chaos and disorder. They were the anti-fascists known as “antifa”, and according to the administration they were domestic terrorists who would be policed accordingly.
But while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.

Now I'm going to depart from the facts and give my opinion- there are serious underlying issues here - behind these riots, or rather questions that need to be asked.

There are issues such as - severe unemployment, increasing income gap, an economic collapse, the threat of evictions and foreclosures, job loss - all of which have effected the black community harder than the white community...but the economic outlook right now is bleak for everyone. That will certainly drive social unrest don't you think? And this is where leadership is critical but in chaos. They often say people turn to rioting because they lack a voice. Not to say that is ok - but this is not a new situation, why has little changed?

Then you have those who exploit it - movements and players that hijack protests because increasing violence serves their cause. You focus on left, but they just aren't as organized as you think. Look for example at the Occupy Wallstreet movement. You ignore the extreme right - white nationalists who also exploit the situation in some of these riots.

Stop sidestepping,
Black Lives Matter have a set ideological platform,
you just don't want to acknowledge it but it's all in the open.

As much as their framing of Jews as the archetypal "white race" and epitome of evil.

I am not side stepping anything, I'm pointing out the bigger picture whether or not you choose to see it. These protests are more complicated than what you wish to see.

BLM is not a single movement. It's a trade mark group, and yes, with marxist roots vis a vis the founders, but it's also a larger and more dispersed movement independent of that group.

I think these two articles frame it well. One is a notably rightwing source, and stronger on the marxist angle, but also points out that it is in addition a wider movement that is driven by the public, not by any leadership.

The other might be termed from a leftwing source and addresses the claims of marxist being based on one of the founder's statements but also makes the same point about the broader movement.

• Black Lives Matter was founded by community organizers. One of the three co-founders said in 2015 that she and another co-founder “are trained Marxists.”
  • Black Lives Matters has grown into a national anti-racism movement broadly supported by Americans, few of whom would identify themselves as Marxist.
And lastly...a thoughtful opinion piece from a Jew who is American and Israeli and White, that addresses antisemitism, racism, and Israel and whether or not to support the overall BLM movement...https://www.jta.org/2020/06/10/opinion/stop-using-israel-as-an-excuse-not-to-support-black-lives-matter

There is not a set ideological platform here, because there is not a "set" group - there is a trademarked group called BLM and there is a wider movement, who say Black Lives Matter.

Really, argue by an appeal to ignorance of masses?
What better example of Orwellian double speak.

That people don't know the founders, organizers and their ideological goals,
is not an argument that proves there's no set ideology, quiet the opposite.

It simply means they're being exploited as useful idiots,
or worse knowingly engage in subversion by choice.

Last edited:

To my friends all over the world, and specifically in America,

There is a wonderful teaching from Rebbe Nahman of Breslov. It’s found right in between the first and second parts of Likutei Moharan, titled “Ehad Haya Avraham.”

In this powerful teaching, Rebbe Nahman explores the character of Avraham Avinu (Abraham our Patriarch). What made Avraham Avinu Avraham Avinu? It was when he understood what it means to love someone.

Avraham Avinu became Avraham Avinu when he realized that he really loved people. He loved his generation and he loved the world – enough to not care what they would think of him. He realized that if he loved someone, but was really more concerned about what they thought of him, then he couldn’t really love them.

Loving someone for real means loving them regardless of what they think of me. If I truly love them and sincerely care for them, that comes before anything.

What does this have to do with right now?

Many people have already had the privilege of hearing the words “Lech lecha.” They have packed up their bags and moved to Eretz Yisrael. Sadly enough, quite often they believed in using the “guilt card” toward family members and friends who were still living back in the States. I have never met anyone who has moved to Eretz Yisrael because of guilt. Nor should they.

It’s time to come home. Not because of any Zionist motive, or any other motive. It’s just time to come home.

Perhaps the current riots will end in the next few days. Maybe they won’t, but maybe they will. The mere fact that this is actually happening right now, however, should be enough to make us stop and say to the Master of the universe: “Thank you so much for this gift called America – it’s been an amazing gift!” It has given so much to humanity and truly has been so incredible to the Jewish people as well.

And yet, what is taking place right now in the States forces us to do some deep introspection and adopt the concept of hayecha kodmin – putting your life first.

Who would have dreamed that 75 years after Auschwitz, rabbis across the country would have to gather up the Torah scrolls from their shuls and hide them in their homes, out of fear of the shuls being broken into and vandalized. This is just one example of the unfathomable.

We could give a million different reasons as to why someone should come home, but the truth is that one doesn’t need a reason to come home.

I am fully aware of the difficulty behind a commitment like this. It’s probably one of the most difficult decisions anyone could make – to uproot oneself and one’s family from that which they know, from that which they feel comfortable with. It is extremely tough.

But I want to tell you something even more important. We here in Eretz Yisrael, we need you. We are still trying to figure out what this dream of coming back home is all about. We are working very hard on it. And it would be so beautiful and so right if we could figure out the rest of our journey to our destiny together with the rest of the mishpaha (family).

Full article:

(Comment)

What more can I add to such clear words?
I'm ready to give half of my apartment and eat rice if that's what it takes.

From here, the situation looks seriously on the edge,
Jews are collectively framed as the animus of every social movement.
Regardless of elections there's a whole network laid out in the Universities,
media, as much as the Democratic party, in which the community traditionally
used to seek protection.

Even if a reverse of the default Democratic support seems to be a natural result of US Jewish demographics, these things can take at least a generation, but that wouldn't change much, and the situation is already explosive.

But of course, if I'm exaggerating, will gladly hear other opinions.
- constructive discourse is welcome.
Migrate to Israel??? No chance. Tolerating vandalism is preferable to dying from a bomb blast. Jews in the USA can defend themselves with firearms, just like all Americans do.
Israel has no bomb blasts !!
Has massive walls and very safe

Israel-Haters Post Picture “Worth a Thousand Words”, None of Them True

Anti-Israel Facebook page Palestinian Revolutionary United Front posted this photo, claiming “a picture is worth a thousand words.”

PRUF-post.png

Except in this case, it really isn’t.

This photo does not show a Jewish Israeli pointing his gun at two innocent palestinians for shits’n’giggles or, G-d forbid, to murder them in cold blood.

It shows a Jewish man from the Israeli town of Karnei Shomron pointing his gun at two palestinians trying to enter armed with knives – and not for Master Chef auditions.

The two were not shot but rather apprehended and handed over to security forces for questioning.

Let’s go over to the footage.

They are shouting at the terrorists to drop the knives.

You can bet Rena Salomon of the Palestinian Revolutionary United Front knew exactly what this photo was actually showing. She just also happens to know that her followers will accept the lies she disseminates at face value and help her spread them like wildfire.

(Comment)

This...this is what a free Jew in his land looks like,
diaspora take notice, and better quick.

No one hides waiting for police to defend their community.
And no SWATS required at the entrance of synagogues like on 5th Avenue.

YgTAl95.png

While I would not even consider leaving the USA over the current wave of anti-semitism,

Good that You mention this, because it was listed in article as not among good reasons.
And I think so too, and it would be unfortunate for the young generation to make this choice solely for these reasons - it's a boring and in way even morally corrupt argument.

It's difficult on several levels, and definitely a financial compromise,
yet young singles and families still make the choice.

Leading to a more interesting discussion -
what should be the good and right reasons to make Aliyah?

A good reason to make Aliyah? Love for our heritage. Not hate for our enemies.

Last edited:
While I would not even consider leaving the USA over the current wave of anti-semitism,

Good that You mention this, because it was listed in article as not among good reasons.
And I think so too, and it would be unfortunate for the young generation to make this choice solely for these reasons - it's a boring and in way even morally corrupt argument.

I couldn't agree more.
That's probably the worst reason to do what is right.
And I think this was the whole point of the article in the opening post.

Israel is not just land to run to when things go wrong, that's a big misconception,
but rather an inspiring archetype of the Jewish people standing firmly for themselves.

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more.

Israel is not just land to run to when things go wrong, that's a big misconception,
but rather an inspiring archetype of the Jewish people standing firmly for themselves.

"Israel is not just land to run to when things go wrong, that's a big misconception,
but rather an inspiring archetype of the Jewish people standing firmly for themselves."

Yes! Stand united & fight those wrongfully against us., wherever we are. No more of hey Yahweh, next time you want to choose a people, choose somebody else.

I couldn't agree more.

"Israel is not just land to run to when things go wrong, that's a big misconception,
but rather an inspiring archetype of the Jewish people standing firmly for themselves."

Yes! Stand united & fight those wrongfully against us., wherever we are. No more of hey Yahweh, next time you want to choose a people, choose somebody else.

What???????????

Ahi, I'm crying...we have just read it in this week's Torah portion:

"You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain, for the Lord will not hold blameless anyone who takes His name in vain."
(Devarim 5)

Ahi please, I'm sure You wouldn't call Your parents by name, and we're all guarantors of each other. There's no 'next time' and there's no 'somebody else', it's not a joke, our ancestors, including the ones in previous generation were willing to die but not betray this.

THAT, that is the reason - because outside of Israel the Jewish education itself became a danger to our communities' erasure of identity.

And tell me another thing - what is worth fighting to STAY in a society where You know inevitably won't be hospitable to Your grandchildren, a place where they will loose their heritage and end the family line through assimilation, while still being viewed as foreign and disloyal?
What's the point in that? Is it even honorable?

If say, the fight was to honor the Name of HaShem by guarding Jewish values and heritage in a society, like the Rebbe, if the fight was one where we were welcomed as integral to the country's future, well being - then sure such a fight is just and honorable, but not to stay put - once the mission accomplished either move on where Your contribution helps humanity, or better come home - where that contribution is most potent and needed now, more than anytime and anywhere else.

But once we get comfortable in diaspora and forget the purpose...well there's a mechanism,
and it never fails - because eventually holding to diaspora is desecration of the Name of HaShem,
especially today when we are a sovereign nation.

The further run from that role, the harsher it gets.
There won't be others, can't pull out or call sick - that's OUR job.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think, that if something doesn't shift drastically in the next 3-5 years,
both of our communities will have to face serious questions, which I'm not sure most in America even have in the periphery of their mind - I'm literally talking about a national rescue mission. Be it for security reasons or G-d forbid we loose half of our family to assimilation to the point that we can no longer enter into family relations.

American diaspora education failed,
it's a cry for generations.

Last edited:
rylah
I have a question to you. It may seem to have nothing to do with the OP at first, though.

God decided to make the Jews his chosen people. How do you think, it puts on the Jews some obligations concerning other nations of the world?

rylah
I have a question to you. It may seem to have nothing to do with the OP at first, though.

God decided to make the Jews his chosen people. How do you think, it puts on the Jews some obligations concerning other nations of the world?

A ton!
Each and every act, move and word
can desecrate or honor the Name of G-d.

From another perspective - Avraham Avinu A"H hated the evil of Sodom,
yet still wanted in their well being as G-d's creatures, to the point of arguing with G-d.
But not to confuse, it means that turning the other cheek - is as well desecration of G-d's Name.

We used to give offerings in the Temple each year during the Sukkot festival,
for the sake, or in the name of 70 nations of the world.

It is said in Ehezkel 33, that G-d is not seeking the death of the wicked,
but that they turn to good way, and we're to imitate G-d's ways, and overall, it's forbidden to hold grudges, except against one nation - the Amalekites, whom we're commanded to wipe out.

But the rest - it's up to G-d's judgement and accounting,
and as Gmarrah says - whoever thinks G-d gives up, their life will be given up.

G-d takes care of that, our job is to try and fix the world in a constructive manner for the sake of all humanity - think king Shlomah A"H - peace, cooperation, sharing respect and wisdom.

Sorry, couldn't make it shorter :)
I definitely enjoy Your interest.

Last edited:
A cause to weep for generations

Baseless hatred, is a reflection of the Sin of the Spies as was the refusal of Jews to come to Israel in the early days of Zionism.

864943.jpg

On Tisha B’Av, the generation of the desert chose to believe the Spies, who claimed that the People of Israel would not have the power to conquer the Land, “The entire community raised a hubbub and began to shout. That night, the people wept” (Numbers 14:1). As a result of their sin, it was decreed that all men of military age would die in the wilderness and not get to see ha’aretz ha’tova (the good Land), and only after their corpses fell in the desert were their children able to enter the Land with Yehoshua son of Nun and Calev son of Yefuneh, who did not participate in sin.

At that moment God said, ” ‘You have wept without cause: therefore will I decree that you have cause to weep for generations” (Sanhedrin 104b).

In other words, if the Sin of the Spies was not rectified, the Beit HaMikdash (Holy Temple) would be destroyed, Israel would be exiled from their Land, and the Jews would mourn for generations on Tisha B’Av (Taanit 26b; Tanchuma, ‘Slach’).

The Root of the Sin
The root of their sin was that they did not understand the value of Eretz Yisrael, and did not love it, as stated: “They despised the pleasant land; they did not believe His word "(Psalms 106:24). One who does not love the Land dodges the need to fight for it, and tends to be easily convinced it is impossible to conquer and settle it. He will find many reasons to strengthen his position, but in truth, the main motive is that Eretz Yisrael is not important to him, and consequently, he is not willing to dedicate himself to its settlement.

This is true in all areas of life. For example, one who does not appreciate Torah study, will find it difficult to study it diligently, both in the early phase of learning the fundamentals, and also later on in life in the stage of setting times for Torah study, especially on Shabbat Kodesh.

Someone who does not value the importance of academic studies will be incapable of finding the inner strength to pursue their completion.

One who does not appreciate the significance of combat service will not be able to find the inner strength to withstand arduous training, preparing him to become a fighter.

A person who does not appreciate the value of family life will not be able to find the strength to seal a marriage covenant, and establish a family.

All these people will find a thousand excuses for themselves, but the real reason is – they simply do not want to.

Heresy in Belief in the Unity of God
The unique value of Eretz Yisrael is that in it, complete emunah (faith) in the One God is revealed. In other words, in Eretz Yisrael, emunah is revealed in all areas of life: in Torah, in work, in science, in art, in the life of the individual and the community, the Clal, and the state. On the other hand, the sin of avodah zara (idol worship) is that it divides and separates the world into different realms, and different idols. The greatest separation in the world is the separation between spiritual and material. Therefore, one who lives in Chutz L’Aretz (outside of Israel), in a place where there is no sacred inspiration of kedusha (holiness) in earthly life, is considered as one who serves foreign idols, and has no God (Ketubot 110b).

The sin of the Spies was that they thought that life in the desert was more sacred than life in Eretz Yisrael, and consequently, it would be better for Israel to remain in the desert, study in the ‘kollel’ of Moshe Rabbeinu and the Seventy Elders; in the morning, they would eat manna, and in the evening, slav (quail). However, the Torah commanded us to enter the Land, because the entire purpose of the Creation of the World is to reveal the belief in God’s unity in all areas of life, and to enjoy and rejoice in all the good that God created, and to further correct and perfect it. For this purpose, God chose his nation, Israel, to declare the glory of God by entering the Land, and fulfilling the sacred values in all areas of life, and thus, the whole world will be rectified and redeemed.

The Terrible Price of the Sin of the Spies Nowadays
Today, just as in the past, the price of choosing not to make aliyah (immigrate) to Eretz Yisrael when possible, is grave. As I wrote three weeks ago, but is worth repeating a thousand times:

Nearly a hundred and twenty years ago, at the time of the establishment of the Zionist Movement, the Jewish people numbered approximately eleven million. The Arabs who lived in all areas of the Biblical borders, including Lebanon, Syria and Iraq, numbered a little more than five million, while just a little more than half a million Arabs lived on both sides of the Jordan.

At that point, the Jewish nation had the opportunity to return to Eretz Yisrael, to flourish and multiply in it. However, almost all of the nation remained in the Diaspora, suffered the Holocaust, the rule of Communist oppression, and forced or voluntary assimilation.

Today, there about fifteen million declared Jews throughout the entire world, and in Israel, approximately seven million. In contrast, the Arabs in the vicinity of Eretz Yisrael grew from five million, to over eighty million.

The Breach Began with the Sin of the Golden Calf
The breach that led to the Sin of the Spies began with the Sin of the Golden Calf, which occurred a year earlier on the 17th of Tammuz. Moshe Rabbeinu failed to descend Mount Sinai at the expected time; the people were left with doubts and the need to establish an alternative to the previous leadership. In the generation of the desert, the sin was in the placing of a golden calf designed to express faith in a tangible way; had Moshe Rabbeinu not come down from the mountain and prevented the breach, the people might have been scattered to fragments of pagan beliefs.

In recent times, the tide of modernity swept the world and the light of Moshe Rabbeinu’s Torah has hidden itself in the in mists of purity, and once again the tendency has arisen to seek a substitute, a golden calf. The righteous righteous stood on the watch of pure faith without seeking mediators, while maintaining hope and commitment to immigrate to the land. However, many have begun to look for alternatives or additions to the belief in uniqueness.

Some were dragged after golden calves of rationalism, liberalism, communism and various reforms. On the other hand, in the face of taking responsibility from the leaders of modernity, there were those who tried to preserve religion by inventing new ‘prohibitions’ as their golden calves: not to immigrate to Israel, not to enlist in the Israeli army, not to study science, not to engage in world settlement.

Even someone who has been privileged to immigrate to Israel, and in practice contributes to the multiplicity of the Jewish people and the settlement of the country – as long as his faith does not match his actions, and he considers the situation of the Jewish people in Israel to be the same as living in exile, needs to thoroughly examine his beliefs and repent.

Baseless hatred is equivalent to despising the Holy Land
Along with the sin of despising the Holy Land, there is also the sin of baseless hatred. Both stem from the same root – the pagan thought that the divine is revealed only in specific areas of life. That is why the settlement of the country is not valued, and there is estrangement from sectors of our people, leading to speaking with hatred or in a hostile way towards the haredim, settlers, secular, leftists, socialists and boycotting various circles such as the Reform and Conservatives.

Admittedly, settling the country and enlisting in the army involve difficulties. However, this is the challenge we face – discovering faith in all areas of life. The connection with all parts of the nation also involves difficulties and debates about the principles of the Torah and morals and our identity, but the Torah teaches us that the whole people of Israel were chosen to discover the belief in uniqueness, and even the wicked are called sons of God.

And he who is alienated from it, who does not respect the various sectors of the people, denies the belief in uniqueness and the Torah, because only by all Israel can the belief in uniqueness be revealed. And when we do not win, through the arguments and sins the words of the Torah are revealed, as we have learned, that even from the sins of Israel whole passages were written. It is found that the one who is alienated from groups in the nation seems to be uprooting passages from the Torah, because only by dealing with the positive element in sin, and in movements that advocate it, can repentance and correction be achieved.

Torah study on Shabbat
The root of the sin of the spies in the aspirations of holiness. For although it is very beautiful to speak highly of the revelation of holiness in life, in practice, preoccupation with the practicalities of living may distance a person from the Torah, and he may weaken in the study of the Torah and the observance of its commandments.

For this purpose God gave us the Sabbath, so that we would engage in it in the Torah along with the pleasure of the meals and rest, and by doing so we would discover holiness in both soul and body. And as the sages said (Pesachim 68b) that the Shabbat should be divided, “half for eating and drinking and half for the Beit Midrash.”

Likewise the sages said: “The Torah said before God: Lord of the Unvierse, when Israel enters the land, one person will rush to his vineyard and another rush to his field, and what will happen to me?" Hashem answered: “I have a partner for you and Shabbat is her name, the day they are idle from their work and can engage in you.” This response is not just an excuse to placate the Torah, but is intended to inspire us to deepen our understanding of the Land of Israel and the Sabbath. By studying the Torah on Shabbat out of pleasure and peace of mind, which derives from settling Eretz Yisrael, the words of the Torah will be revealed in their full meaning and blessings. So that settling the land and the work involved will not lessen Torah study, but add a dimension of understanding, increase Torah study and publicly sanctify heaven.

Therefore, we must make every effort to set aside half of the Sabbath to the Torah. The temptation not to engage in Torah study on Shabbat – is great. But this is what our lives depend on. This is the way to elevate our work, this is the way to fulfill the great vision of the people of Israel in discovering the belief in the uniqueness of the land.

Well, the way things are going in this nation, it looks as if in the coming decades, many Jewish Americans will be forced to emigrate to Israel.

The future of this nation is very grim, indeed.

Well, the way things are going in this nation, it looks as if in the coming decades, many Jewish Americans will be forced to emigrate to Israel.

Don't lose hope.
And please don't take it cynically,
but G-d does guard the friends of Israel.

The choice is Yours folks, Jews will end up in Israel anyway.
The choice is Yours, nationally, either to assist and hold true to friendship,
or G-d forbid turn against us...which I sincerely don't wish for my American friends.

Don't loose hope, Your country is unique, and founded in great values and merit,
You're in faith crisis, and You couldn't wish for a more archetypal friend to solve that in the most meaningful, sincere and constructive way.

We might have much disagreements personally, but I believe in Your good and wish You all well,
really, even if I answer harshly to some american a....holes, You still have a friend, maybe small in numbers, but not just another friend... G-d will reward Your nation greatly for supporting mine,
and G-d forbid we end on opposite side - it won't be our first, but I don't wish that to America.
You've got a Xerox in the WH, just try to hold the line, and You will be rewarded accordingly.

Don't lose hope.

Don't lose hope.

or G-d forbid turn against us...which I sincerely don't wish for my American friends.

Don't loose hope, Your country is unique, and founded in great values and merit,
You're in faith crisis, and You couldn't wish for a more archetypal friend to solve that in the most meaningful, sincere and constructive way.

We might have much disagreements personally, but I believe in Your good and wish You all well,
really, even if I answer harshly to some american a....holes, You still have a friend, maybe small in numbers, but not just another friend... G-d will reward Your nation greatly for supporting mine,
and G-d forbid we end on opposite side - it won't be our first, but I don't wish that to America.
You've got a Xerox in the WH, just try to hold the line, and You will be rewarded accordingly.

Don't lose hope.

I do not understand your "Xerox" reference, but thanks for the good wishes.

Don't lose hope.

Don't lose hope.

Maybe I'm referring the wrong Western version of the name,
king Koresh A"H (Xerox), who was actually the secret son of queen Esther A"H,
decreed the Jews were allowed to return to Judea and start building the Temple.
Prophet Yeshayah A"H referred to him as G-d's protege, literally "Xerox His anointed".

I think You know whom I'm referring to.

Last edited:

Don't lose hope.

Don't lose hope.

Maybe I'm referring the wrong Western version of the name,
king Koresh A"H (Xerox), who was actually the secret son of queen Esther A"H,
decreed the Jews were allowed to return to Judea and start building the Temple.
Prophet Yeshayah A"H referred to him as G-d's protege, literally "Xerox His anointed".

I think You know whom I'm referring to.

If you are referring to whom I think you are, he would no doubt be very much flattered by your praise.

care of that, our job is to try and fix the world in a constructive manner for the sake of all humanity - think king Shlomah A"H - peace, cooperation, sharing respect and wisdom
Exactly, good said - sharing the wisdom (among the other things). Saying wisdom you obviously meant sharing Jewish teachings and philosophy.

But how this sharing corresponds with a prominent now idea of gathering Jews in Israel as much as possible? Yes, I understand that Israel and Jerusalem are a vital part for Jews, and I am not going to question this or diminish the significance of Israel's existence.

But, who will remain in the outside world to promote your views and the word of God? Won't it be that the Jews will live in their enclosed world there with little cooperation with other people (I mean intellectual and philosophical cooperation).

The Jews communities have a reputation of closed communities. They are not too eager to invite strangers. And gathering 'all' Jews in one place will lead to even more 'closing'. I think that trend should be opposite - you should be opening to the world (of course with development of Israel).

I know that proselytizing is not greeted among the Jews. And I dont call on you to do that, especially in a form that some Christian denominations do. No, it is absurd. But you definitely should be 'moving' onward while the trend now is moving inward.

New Topics

Forum List

Back