America the angry!

For the last 40+ years, through both conservative and liberal administrations, most Americans say we're "headed in the wrong direction." I've spoken with many folks from Europe and Canada, and they can't understand this. Political discussions in those countries rarely become heated and lack the childish name calling and personal attacks so common here in America. Standards of living in Europe are no better than that of America, yet Europeans are happier and more optimistic of most Americans. Why is this? Maybe we still have a few things to learn from older cultures.

I bet you our divisive form of politics is coming to their countries. Conservatives in those countries are following Trump's lead. Rudy has a business, or had a business, where he consulted with authoritarian regimes and he helped them "win" elections. Much like he tried to help Trump win when he lost.

An Ipsos survey of citizens in nine European countries finds a majority of respondents (73%) think things across the EU are headed in the wrong direction, and fewer than half agree that EU membership has improved their own standard of living. Attitudes are most negative among French respondents, with only 15% saying the union is on the right track, and of all countries surveyed only Spain responded more positively to this question than in 2014.

I bet you our divisive form of politics is coming to their countries. Conservatives in those countries are following Trump's lead. Rudy has a business, or had a business, where he consulted with authoritarian regimes and he helped them "win" elections. Much like he tried to help Trump win when he lost.

An Ipsos survey of citizens in nine European countries finds a majority of respondents (73%) think things across the EU are headed in the wrong direction, and fewer than half agree that EU membership has improved their own standard of living. Attitudes are most negative among French respondents, with only 15% saying the union is on the right track, and of all countries surveyed only Spain responded more positively to this question than in 2014.
You are right. But I think that's more a function of how people now a days consume information than it is off Trump.

If you get your information solely from the internet as a lot of people do. It is very easy to suffer from conformation bias. And you are much more likely to become partisan in your beliefs.

For the last 40+ years, through both conservative and liberal administrations, most Americans say we're "headed in the wrong direction." I've spoken with many folks from Europe and Canada, and they can't understand this. Political discussions in those countries rarely become heated and lack the childish name calling and personal attacks so common here in America. Standards of living in Europe are no better than that of America, yet Europeans are happier and more optimistic of most Americans. Why is this? Maybe we still have a few things to learn from older cultures.

Global freedom faces a dire threat. Around the world, the enemies of liberal democracy—a form of self-government in which human rights are recognized and every individual is entitled to equal treatment under law—are accelerating their attacks. Authoritarian regimes have become more effective at co-opting or circumventing the norms and institutions meant to support basic liberties, and at providing aid to others who wish to do the same. In countries with long-established democracies, internal forces have exploited the shortcomings in their systems, distorting national politics to promote hatred, violence, and unbridled power. Those countries that have struggled in the space between democracy and authoritarianism, meanwhile, are increasingly tilting toward the latter. The global order is nearing a tipping point, and if democracy’s defenders do not work together to help guarantee freedom for all people, the authoritarian model will prevail.

Trump Is an Authoritarian. So Are Millions of Americans​

40 percent of Americans tend to favor authority, obedience and uniformity over freedom, independence and diversity.

You are right. But I think that's more a function of how people now a days consume information than it is off Trump.

If you get your information solely from the internet as a lot of people do. It is very easy to suffer from conformation bias. And you are much more likely to become partisan in your beliefs.

Where else should I get my news? I have the internet and cable news. I get my news from liberal sources.

The best place to go to find out if your news is wrong is USMB. If it's a lie, Republicans will be quick to point it out.

Where else should I get my news? I have the internet and cable news. I get my news from liberal sources.

The best place to go to find out if your news is wrong is USMB. If it's a lie, Republicans will be quick to point it out.
In otherwords you pick sources that align with what you want to hear and see. thanks for proving his point.

I have the internet and cable news. I get my news from liberal sources.

This is where you go wrong, you should get your news from a variety of sources from all perspectives and not just the news that will tell you what you want to hear.

In otherwords you pick sources that align with what you want to hear and see. thanks for proving his point.
Nope. I believe they are closer to the truth. But even they are controlled by corporatons/rich people so I know they are censored too. For example none of them were liberal enough to say Bush lied us into Iraq even though he clearly did.

“When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost – it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would’ve been a wonderful thing,” Trump told Blitzer in the interview.

“Impeaching him?” Blitzer asked.

“Absolutely. For the war. For the war,” said Trump, referring to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. “Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies, and I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies. By lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction. By saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”

And you can't say that was just 2008 because he said it again 8 years later and you voted for him. Deep down you know Bush lied us into Iraq you just won't ever admit you are/were wrong. It's the way Republicans are.

Asked about the remarks during a presidential debate eight years later, Trump said, “you do whatever you want – you call it whatever you want,” and reiterated his belief that the Bush administration lied.

Europeans have accepted their fate.

Canadians are too polite to fight.

Americans aren't going to go quietly.

Yea but you are going to go fight for your oppressors. A con man. A nazi.

Think about it. Your orange messiah lied to you and sent you to the Capitol to steal the election. That's not very democratic of you guys. Are you sure you love America? Because I think you'd be happier in Russia or somewhere else where people's votes don't count/matter.

"They" use social wedge issues to divide us. Who's they? Rich greedy republicans. Trump;s the king of rich and greedy.

It was just about 40 years ago that a little guy with big ears scared the shit out of the two parties.

They had two choices, field better candidates or do all in their power to divide the country so we are too busy fighting each other and they can do whatever they want. They went with the latter and have worked to divide the nation to ensure the power of the duopoly is never again threatened.

The saddest part of all is how many people are happy, willing participants in this endeavor. There is now nothing in our country that is not made political, and that is be design.

It is one of the many reasons the wife and I will move out of the country when we retire.
As the years move on, I think more and more that the man with ears was a shill to stop the so-called Republicans going 16 years in a row with a President having an R next to his name. There was a difference though between Reagan and George Senior.

Yea but you are going to go fight for your oppressors. A con man. A nazi.

Think about it. Your orange messiah lied to you and sent you to the Capitol to steal the election. That's not very democratic of you guys. Are you sure you love America? Because I think you'd be happier in Russia or somewhere else where people's votes don't count/matter.

"They" use social wedge issues to divide us. Who's they? Rich greedy republicans. Trump;s the king of rich and greedy.
God ou are AMAZINGLY STUPID and gullible.

Americans are willing, happy participants in their own demise due to their hyper-partisanship and loyalty to party above country

God ou are AMAZINGLY STUPID and gullible.
Me? Trump is clearly a con man and you guys love him. Just don't get it. So 40% of Republicans and 100% of Democrats are wrong about the guy? He's just misunderstood?

This has been the longest job interview. If it were up to me, I wouldn't hire Trump for any job. He's not just unfit to be POTUS he's unfit to be a business owner. A con man.

My god! Nothing Hitler does will change your mind.

Me? Trump is clearly a con man and you guys love him. Just don't get it. So 40% of Republicans and 100% of Democrats are wrong about the guy? He's just misunderstood?

This has been the longest job interview. If it were up to me, I wouldn't hire Trump for any job. He's not just unfit to be POTUS he's unfit to be a business owner. A con man.

Retard and ignorant you are so bright.

“You”?

Where are you from?
one more for good measure
So to answer the thread question, Americans are angry because we are working too hard to pay for defense to be the world's cop.
The EU has August off on holiday, and hardly any taxes for defense. Barely meeting NATO is just not enough.

IMHO the US should let the EU pay for Ukraine's defense, we're occupied with China, NK, Iran, etc.
The EU needs to police their zone without the US.
first things first..let's ship the UN to europe and they pay for it

The french did a billion dollars in damage six months ago because they may have to work a couple extra years to get their pensions, which would be still fewer years than American to get SS. I would not paint them as enlightened as you are trying to do.

lol...good lord

lol...good lord
You know who I love? Foreigners who laugh at you whiny nazi's. Complaining when you got it so good. If you want it better go to college. Form a union. Start your own company. Go look for a better job. Don't take over the country. Things aren't that bad you nazis.

Forum List

Back