Algerian judoka quits Olympics to avoid facing Israeli opponent...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Does the Olympic Spirit include being chicken shyte to compete against someone, taking a knee and turning your back on your anthem?

If so, it seems the Olympics are thriving. How many will be so outspoken in Beijing?

An Algerian judoka has withdrawn from the Tokyo Olympics before his event even starts, after the draw set him on course for a possible matchup against an Israeli.

Fethi Nourine told Algerian TV that his political support for the Palestinian cause made it impossible for him to compete against Tohar Butbul.

"We worked a lot to reach the Olympics, and the news came as a shock, a thunder," he told the channel late on Thursday. Nourine said his decision was "final," and he would not "get his hands dirty."

The 30-year-old was due to face Sudan's Mohamed Abdalrasool on Monday for his first match in the men's 73-kilogram class. A victory would have paired him with Butbul, who has a first-round bye, in the next round.

It is not the first time Nourine has withdrawn from competition to avoid facing an Israeli opponent. He pulled out of the 2019 world championships in Tokyo for the same reason.

"We were unlucky with the draw. We got an Israeli opponent and that's why we had to retire. We made the right decision," Nourine's coach Amar Ben Yaklif was quoted as saying in Algerian media.

The horrible, cringeworthy politicisation of sports continues.

The Governing bodies need to step up and start taking a harder line with these elite sports people who think their beliefs trump everything.

Doesn't matter if it's footballers wearing rainbow armbands/laces, sports people kneeling for BLM, Ronaldo removing Coca Cola cans from an interview table as sponsors, likewise Pogba with Heiniken bottles, sportsmen with Palestine flags at the end of a cup final, biological men competing in women's events because they are trans and now folk refusing to participate against an Israeli.

It has to stop before sport is ruined forever.

I just watched the movie Race so this action makes no sense to me. He put in all the work to just quit but I can't imagine history will remember him in a positive way.

I just watched the movie Race so this action makes no sense to me. He put in all the work to just quit but I can't imagine history will remember him in a positive way.
wrong-----he is a MOSQUE HERO------almost, but not quite,, as PRAISEWORTHY
(allah achbar) as filthy bitch Dalal Mughrabi who murdered over 30 civilians in
peace time for the glory of allah/achbar

If a team or player refuses to compete against someone, they should be banned from the Olympics. If a team kneels or turns their back on the anthem, that individual should be banned, if multiple players on a team do it, they should forfeit the match.

The Olympics is supposed to be about putting all geo-politics aside in the name of Brotherly Love and the spirit of sporting competition. If you don't have the balls to even compete against another and intentionally strip them of their dignity, then don't go to the Olympics.

I'd rather compete and lose than not compete at all. I would feel like such a coward if I were him, whether it was his choice or not.

Does the Olympic Spirit include being chicken shyte to compete against someone, taking a knee and turning your back on your anthem?

If so, it seems the Olympics are thriving. How many will be so outspoken in Beijing?

An Algerian judoka has withdrawn from the Tokyo Olympics before his event even starts, after the draw set him on course for a possible matchup against an Israeli.

Fethi Nourine told Algerian TV that his political support for the Palestinian cause made it impossible for him to compete against Tohar Butbul.

"We worked a lot to reach the Olympics, and the news came as a shock, a thunder," he told the channel late on Thursday. Nourine said his decision was "final," and he would not "get his hands dirty."

The 30-year-old was due to face Sudan's Mohamed Abdalrasool on Monday for his first match in the men's 73-kilogram class. A victory would have paired him with Butbul, who has a first-round bye, in the next round.

It is not the first time Nourine has withdrawn from competition to avoid facing an Israeli opponent. He pulled out of the 2019 world championships in Tokyo for the same reason.

"We were unlucky with the draw. We got an Israeli opponent and that's why we had to retire. We made the right decision," Nourine's coach Amar Ben Yaklif was quoted as saying in Algerian media.
The Jews didn't want to have athletic events in ancient Greece when they performed nude in the Olympics.

What a pussy.

Moonglow
Jews have zero history of sports !
Jewish athletes that were naked were laughed at by the geeks because of their missing dicks

Scottish_Brexiteer_UK
Ben and Jerry ice cream has boycotted Israel
Jews should march to Vermont and boycott them
I boycotted their shit, over-rated, over-priced ice cream before I even know their political stances on anything.

In fact, I don't really have a sweet tooth (unless I'm out somewhere nice to eat and fancy a slice of apple pie or cheesecake after a nice meal) - other than that I can leave all that.

I prefer some fresh fruit after I've eaten.

Unusual response, especially for a participant in a contact sport.

I would think that an anti-semite like Mr. Nourine would have been anxious to give the Jew the "beating he so sorely deserves" for his nation's opposition to Palestinian terror.

Forum List

Back