Aldi pulls out of South Side of Chicago

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A spokesperson for Aldi said company officials made the difficult decision to close the store, citing crime and poor sales: "Our decision was based on several factors, including repeated burglaries and declining sales. Out of concern for our employees and customers, keeping this store open was no longer a sustainable option. All of our employees have been given the option to continue working at one of our other ALDI locations in the immediate area."

Aldi abruptly closes Auburn Gresham store due to crime, poor sales, spokesperson says

I bet it had something to do with the shopping cart deposit.....They would not take a EBT card. ;)

Aldi will be branded as racist.

Food Deserts: Causes, Effects, and Solutions - Healthline

Jun 14, 2021 · Food deserts are attributed to food apartheid and have root causes in food insecurity, racial segregation, proximity to supermarkets, access to …

There has to be repercussions for burglaries and petty theft. If there aren't then the repercussion has to be for them to leave.

A spokesperson for Aldi said company officials made the difficult decision to close the store, citing crime and poor sales: "Our decision was based on several factors, including repeated burglaries and declining sales. Out of concern for our employees and customers, keeping this store open was no longer a sustainable option. All of our employees have been given the option to continue working at one of our other ALDI locations in the immediate area."

Aldi abruptly closes Auburn Gresham store due to crime, poor sales, spokesperson says

I bet it had something to do with the shopping cart deposit.....They would not take a EBT card. ;)
Profits aside, it is unconscionable for any company to put their employees at such risk or danger.

Aldi will be branded as racist.

Food Deserts: Causes, Effects, and Solutions - Healthline

Jun 14, 2021 · Food deserts are attributed to food apartheid and have root causes in food insecurity, racial segregation, proximity to supermarkets, access to …

They're German, they're used to that.

Crime and POOR Sales...
thats Racist.. :)

Excellent news! I hope more closures in Chicago are coming soon.

Aldi's is a shit store. I'd like to see our local one shut their doors and get replaced by a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods...

Well if you are in the market for a MILF then I can see it. ;)

Lidl > Aldi.

Piss on "why pay less" whole foods.

Trader Joes sucks ass IMHO.....They never seem to have the same thing twice. They have not had their store brand Cocktail Sauce (very good) for two years now though they claim they still stock it. In fact their store brand condiments are their only saving grace.

Then we hear the screams of RACISM when these high drug/crime areas don't have shops, food service or other businesses. Clearly it's because Whitey wants to keep Black people down. It wouldn't have anything to do with the flourishing drug trade that continuously draws hopeless young black men into the drug/gang life.

"Cynthia Love, who is president of the Auburn Gresham's Block By Block, says neighborhood residents feel betrayed and supports boycotting the grocer.

"I just want Aldi to know we thought the world of them and it's unfortunate they didn't think the world of us," Love said."

Keep voting Dem Cynthia. And keep blaming the big corporations that are tried of being robbed or burned out.

Be angry. Be sad. Punish them. THat will get them to come back and get others to stay.

LOL!!!

what in your mind makes it a shit store??

Bear in mind I only have my local one to base my opinion on.

I'd never been there, so I thought I'd try it out.

Since I'd never been there, I was unaware that you had to pay 25¢ for a shopping cart. I didn't have any change on me and, when I asked a cashier in the store for change for a dollar, she refused. Here I was, ready to shop in their store, and she wouldn't give me change for a buck. I grabbed a basket with a handle and went on my way. As it turned out, I'd have wasted a quarter, because I didn't spend a dime there.

I'd heard they had an excellent meat selection, so I decided to check out some filet mignon. All the offered was some pre-packaged processed crap, wrapped in bacon, that I could not be the least bit interested in. They had no New York Strips or T-bones; no porterhouse. They had chicken, but with the exception of some bacon they had no pork at all.

Their produce department was... well, disgusting. There were rotting vegetables in with what looked to be fresher produce, but none of it looked really "fresh".

The lighting was quite dim, and the floor was dirty with everything from used tissues to food.

There are too many other options in town than for me to waste my time at Aldi...

Last edited:
Well if you are in the market for a MILF then I can see it. ;)

Lidl > Aldi.

Piss on "why pay less" whole foods.

Trader Joes sucks ass IMHO.....They never seem to have the same thing twice. They have not had their store brand Cocktail Sauce (very good) for two years now though they claim they still stock it. In fact their store brand condiments are their only saving grace.

I've never been to a Whole Foods, but my experiences with Trader Joe's have all been good ones...

Bear in mind I only have my local one to base my opinion on.

I'd never been there, so I thought I'd try it out.

Since I'd never been there, I was unaware that you had to pay 25¢ for a shopping cart. I didn't have any change on me and, when I asked a cashier in the store for change for a dollar, she refused. Here I was, ready to shop in their store, and she wouldn't give me change for a buck. I grabbed a basket with a handle and went on my way. As it turned out, I'd have wasted a quarter, because I didn't spend a dime there.

I'd heard they had an excellent meat selection, so I decided to check out some filet mignon. All the offered was some pre-packaged processed crap, wrapped in bacon, that I could not be the least bit interested in. They had no New York Strips or T-bones; no porterhouse. They had chicken, but with the exception of some bacon they had no pork at all.

Their produce department was... well, disgusting. There were rotting vegetables in with what looked to be fresher produce, but none of it looked "fresh".

The lighting was quite dim, and the floor was dirty with everything from used tissues to food.

There are too many other options in town than for me to waste my time at Aldi...
LOL....The quarter deposit is a intelligence test......You failed. ;)

What kind of man walks around without a quarter in their pocket? Never know when you might have to unscrew something.

LOL....The quarter deposit is a intelligence test......You failed. ;)

What kind of man walks around without a quarter in their pocket? Never know when you might have to unscrew something.

That's why I carry a dime...

Forum List

Back