Ahmaud Arbery sentencing.

Explain your understanding of it.

There is no understanding. He was in on trying to stop Arbery.

Bryan told police that he saw the chase, joined in independently, tried to "corner" Arbery with his vehicle five times, but was not sure if Arbery had done anything wrong.

He was a thug, got caught trespassing and attacked a man.

Those men should get a medal for confronting him. Thugs like Arbery deserve to get shot.
That only happened in the minds of racists.

In reality that was not the case.

There is no understanding. He was in on trying to stop Arbery.

Bryan told police that he saw the chase, joined in independently, tried to "corner" Arbery with his vehicle five times, but was not sure if Arbery had done anything wrong.
Exactly, so he assumed that the McMichael's were pursuing a known criminal when he joined in with them correct ? Ok, so does he know the McMichael's ?? What was the McMichael's reputation prior to the event if he knew them ? Ok, so he was working on a project when he saw this action going on, and he figuring that a potential criminal was attempted to be citizen arrested by the McMichael's, so it caused him to join in to help as a good citizen that thought a criminal was needing to be detained ????

Exactly, so he assumed that the McMichael's were pursuing a known criminal when he joined in with them correct ? Ok, so does he know the McMichael's ?? What was the McMichael's reputation prior to the event if he knew them ? Ok, so he was working on a project when he saw this action going on, and he figuring that a potential criminal was attempted to be citizen arrested by the McMichael's, so it caused him to join in to help as a good citizen that thought a criminal was needing to be detained ????

The judge AND jury decided after the presentation of all evidence that he was guilty. He has the legal right to appeal.

The judge AND jury decided after the presentation of all evidence that he was guilty. He has the legal right to appeal.
I think the following is more accurate.

The McMichaels and Roddie Bryan were sentenced for being white. It couldn't be more obvious. Does anyone—does anyone—think that sentences like this would have been handed down if they had been black petty criminals and Ahmaud Arbery a white mechanic?

we now have four different legal systems.

1. White-on-black crime: Mob justice just short of lynching,but with the optics of a fair trial.
  2. White-on-white crime: Standard American jurisprudence.
  3. Black-on-white crime: Standard American jurisprudence, but with reduced severity given that the root cause is “systemic racism,” not any depravity on the part of the defendant.
  4. Black on black crime: Discouraged, but not investigated or prosecuted too vigorously except in the most egregious of cases. Nobody much cares what blacks do to each other; and there's no money to be made from these crimes by Al Sharpton or Benjamin Crump.
  5. JOHN DERBYSHIRE: “Savage Indignation”—The Only Appropriate Reaction To The Arbery Atrocity And Our Emerging Four-Tier Justice System | Articles

The McMichaels and Roddie Bryan were sentenced for being white. It couldn't be more obvious. Does anyone—does anyone—think that sentences like this would have been handed down if they had been black petty criminals and Ahmaud Arbery a white mechanic?

1. White-on-black crime: Mob justice just short of lynching,but with the optics of a fair trial.
  3. Black-on-white crime: Standard American jurisprudence, but with reduced severity given that the root cause is “systemic racism,” not any depravity on the part of the defendant.
  4. Black on black crime: Discouraged, but not investigated or prosecuted too vigorously except in the most egregious of cases. Nobody much cares what blacks do to each other; and there's no money to be made from these crimes by Al Sharpton or Benjamin Crump.
  5. JOHN DERBYSHIRE: “Savage Indignation”—The Only Appropriate Reaction To The Arbery Atrocity And Our Emerging Four-Tier Justice System | Articles
Post a link showing the judge could have sentenced them to anything other than life in prison...

You don’t think. If you were thinking you wouldn’t be posting this nonsense. You want to believe.

Now. If you were thinking you would post cases in Georgia where someone convicted of Felony Murder got a sentence other than life. Since that didn’t happen. Either the sentence or the search. You aren’t thinking. At all.

Four people lost their lives that day. All because of monumental stupidity on the part of three of them.

You don’t think. If you were thinking you wouldn’t be posting this nonsense. You want to believe.

Now. If you were thinking you would post cases in Georgia where someone convicted of Felony Murder got a sentence other than life. Since that didn’t happen. Either the sentence or the search. You aren’t thinking. At all.
It doesn’t matter. You seem to think the law is right and unchangeable. It’s not. Plus in this case, it’s entirely unfair.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter. You seem to think the law is right and unchangeable. It’s not. Plus in this case, it’s entirely unfair.

The only charge available was Felony Murder. The only sentences available were Life or Death. The only variable for the Life Sentence was with or without parole.

Thousands of people are serving that sentence in Georgia Prisons.

They did it. They admitted it. Hell they were bragging as they talked to the cops on the day. Their Guilty Verdict was not a surprise to people in Georgia.

The only charge available was Felony Murder. The only sentences available were Life or Death. The only variable for the Life Sentence was with or without parole.

They did it. They admitted it. Hell they were bragging as they talked to the cops on the day. Their Guilty Verdict was not a surprise to people in Georgia.
Yes the law is wrong. It needs to be changed. But even that doesn’t excuse what happened in this trial. An act of self defense by one man leads to three life sentences, is absurd.

Yes the law is wrong. It needs to be changed. But even that doesn’t excuse what happened in this trial. An act of self defense by one man leads to three life sentences, is absurd.

Oh, in a way, I suppose I could agree with you. But, this is the Rub. You see, the way they were charged, as participants in the crime, is the way it’s handled all over this nation every single day. Right now, somewhere, a group is getting ready for their trial, where they will all be tried because of the actions of one.

Let’s take a case in California, one of my favorites.

Three bank robbers fled the scene with a hostage. During the pursuit and takedown, the police fired more than 600 rounds of ammunition. The police killed the hostage, and two of the three bank robbers. The remaining robber, was charged with her murder.

Now, the law says that the person who instigates the criminal activity is the one responsible. The law also says that coconspirators, and all participants, are all equally to blame. They are all subject to the same punishment.

Why? Because in the 1970’s, and 1980’s, people got sick of those damned criminals just walking, and it was decided to get tough on crime.

You know what is really funny to me about the McMichaels? I’d bet money that Greg was one of those who supported getting tough on crime. I’d bet that he was a big supporter of mandatory minimums. And now, he’s scooped up in the net he thought was good for them, whoever they were.

The author of your linked article also bemoaned the deplorable conditions that prisoners serve time in. Odd, usually it is the RW who says we need to get tougher on the prisoners, to make Jail and Prison so bad that the baddies will be afraid of it. Treat the prisoners even worse, that will show them.

Well, those policies have led to overcrowding, barbaric conditions, and an attitude by the guards that it doesn’t matter what the prisoners do to each other, so long as they don’t leave the prison.

I didn’t write those laws. The McMichaels and Roddy were treated exactly the same as anyone else. They were tried and convicted in a system that the Supreme Court says is fine and proper. They were tried the same as anyone else would have been.

Now, it’s not fair. It was fair a year ago before the McMichaels were busted. The Conservatives were all in favor of tough laws and brutal prison sentences. Just not when one of theirs is busted.

I’ve said it before. Every step of the way, the McMichaels made the wrong choice. Every single step of the way. It was a chain of bad decisions. If they had decided to mind their own business, they wouldn’t be in Prison today. If they had decided to follow instead of arm up and set off in pursuit, calling 911 and observing instead of attempting to detain, they wouldn’t be in prison. If they had avoided threatening Arbury, cutting him off, bumping him with their trucks, and finally according to their own statements, trapping him like a rat. If they had not made the statements to the Police. If they had gotten a lawyer instead.

Even then there was a chance they could get away with it. Even then their friends in the Prosecutors Office had a chance of sweeping it under the rug. Until Greg, with what was the second to last bad decision, decided to release the video.

The last bad decision was letting Travis take the stand.

Roddy is in the same boat. If he had minded his own business and continued puttering around in his yard. If he had not set off in pursuit, if he had not tried to stop Arbury with his truck. If he had not shot the video. Then there was a chance he could have stayed out of Prison.

Oh, in a way, I suppose I could agree with you. But, this is the Rub. You see, the way they were charged, as participants in the crime, is the way it’s handled all over this nation every single day. Right now, somewhere, a group is getting ready for their trial, where they will all be tried because of the actions of one.

Let’s take a case in California, one of my favorites.

Three bank robbers fled the scene with a hostage. During the pursuit and takedown, the police fired more than 600 rounds of ammunition. The police killed the hostage, and two of the three bank robbers. The remaining robber, was charged with her murder.

Now, the law says that the person who instigates the criminal activity is the one responsible. The law also says that coconspirators, and all participants, are all equally to blame. They are all subject to the same punishment.

Why? Because in the 1970’s, and 1980’s, people got sick of those damned criminals just walking, and it was decided to get tough on crime.

You know what is really funny to me about the McMichaels? I’d bet money that Greg was one of those who supported getting tough on crime. I’d bet that he was a big supporter of mandatory minimums. And now, he’s scooped up in the net he thought was good for them, whoever they were.

The author of your linked article also bemoaned the deplorable conditions that prisoners serve time in. Odd, usually it is the RW who says we need to get tougher on the prisoners, to make Jail and Prison so bad that the baddies will be afraid of it. Treat the prisoners even worse, that will show them.

Well, those policies have led to overcrowding, barbaric conditions, and an attitude by the guards that it doesn’t matter what the prisoners do to each other, so long as they don’t leave the prison.

I didn’t write those laws. The McMichaels and Roddy were treated exactly the same as anyone else. They were tried and convicted in a system that the Supreme Court says is fine and proper. They were tried the same as anyone else would have been.

Now, it’s not fair. It was fair a year ago before the McMichaels were busted. The Conservatives were all in favor of tough laws and brutal prison sentences. Just not when one of theirs is busted.

I’ve said it before. Every step of the way, the McMichaels made the wrong choice. Every single step of the way. It was a chain of bad decisions. If they had decided to mind their own business, they wouldn’t be in Prison today. If they had decided to follow instead of arm up and set off in pursuit, calling 911 and observing instead of attempting to detain, they wouldn’t be in prison. If they had avoided threatening Arbury, cutting him off, bumping him with their trucks, and finally according to their own statements, trapping him like a rat. If they had not made the statements to the Police. If they had gotten a lawyer instead.

Even then there was a chance they could get away with it. Even then their friends in the Prosecutors Office had a chance of sweeping it under the rug. Until Greg, with what was the second to last bad decision, decided to release the video.

The last bad decision was letting Travis take the stand.

Roddy is in the same boat. If he had minded his own business and continued puttering around in his yard. If he had not set off in pursuit, if he had not tried to stop Arbury with his truck. If he had not shot the video. Then there was a chance he could have stayed out of Prison.
This case was entirely too racist. Blacks threatened violence if they were found not guilty. The jurors and judge knew what would happen if they didn’t do what the blacks wanted. Jackson and Sharpton were allowed in the courtroom to make it a circus. Armed BLM militia marched and chanted outside the courthouse. The corporate media was entirely on the side of Arbery. A man with a criminal record and history of mental illness. Of course, this history wasn’t allowed exposure in the court hearings.

If all involved were black or white, there wouldn’t have been three life sentences.

This case was entirely too racist. Blacks threatened violence if they were found not guilty. The jurors and judge knew what would happen if they didn’t do what the blacks wanted. Jackson and Sharpton were allowed in the courtroom to make it a circus. Armed BLM militia marched and chanted outside the courthouse. The corporate media was entirely on the side of Arbery. A man with a criminal record and history of mental illness. Of course, this history wasn’t allowed exposure in the court hearings.

If all involved were black or white, there wouldn’t have been three life sentences.

Phooey.

First. Open carry in Georgia is legal. So howling about Blacks armed up is silly.

Second. I’ve explained this before. I took a course when I got my CCW. It wasn’t mandatory. I just wanted to make sure I understood the law and my responsibility. The instructor was a cop. Everything he told us not to do because it was illegal. The McMichaels did.

He told us. Do not try to make a citizens arrest unless you are 110% certain the guy committed a crime. Don’t pull your weapon unless you are certain the guy is armed and a threat.

He told us our best bet was to observe and report to the police. He told us about False Imprisonment charges. Felony charges if we were wrong.

The way he said it was this. If you make a Citizens Arrest. Somebody is going to jail. And chances are it will be you.

So Arbury’s history was irrelevant. It wasn’t a factor. Even if the McMichaels knew about it. And they told the cops they didn’t. It would not have made their attempt to detain Arbury legal.

Arbury had committed no crime on the day. That is a requirement for Citizens Arrest. The only legal way to detain someone under the law in effect at the time.

So from the get go the McMichaels were criminals.

That is the law. That was the law in effect at the time. That was why the cops wanted to arrest them on the day.

Months before the BLM folks and all that. Long before Sharpton and Jackson.

The cops thought it was Murder on the day. And so did Roddy. He said he wasn’t sure the killing was necessary to the cops on the day. That is why he got with parole on his sentence. He cooperated with police. He just was so stupid he thought he wasn’t really involved.

Phooey.

First. Open carry in Georgia is legal. So howling about Blacks armed up is silly.

Second. I’ve explained this before. I took a course when I got my CCW. It wasn’t mandatory. I just wanted to make sure I understood the law and my responsibility. The instructor was a cop. Everything he told us not to do because it was illegal. The McMichaels did.

He told us. Do not try to make a citizens arrest unless you are 110% certain the guy committed a crime. Don’t pull your weapon unless you are certain the guy is armed and a threat.

He told us our best bet was to observe and report to the police. He told us about False Imprisonment charges. Felony charges if we were wrong.

The way he said it was this. If you make a Citizens Arrest. Somebody is going to jail. And chances are it will be you.

So Arbury’s history was irrelevant. It wasn’t a factor. Even if the McMichaels knew about it. And they told the cops they didn’t. It would not have made their attempt to detain Arbury legal.

Arbury had committed no crime on the day. That is a requirement for Citizens Arrest. The only legal way to detain someone under the law in effect at the time.

So from the get go the McMichaels were criminals.

That is the law. That was the law in effect at the time. That was why the cops wanted to arrest them on the day.

Months before the BLM folks and all that. Long before Sharpton and Jackson.

The cops thought it was Murder on the day. And so did Roddy. He said he wasn’t sure the killing was necessary to the cops on the day. That is why he got with parole on his sentence. He cooperated with police. He just was so stupid he thought he wasn’t really involved.
I don’t believe that’s accurate. The cops and prosecutor thought it was self defense initially. They didn’t charge anyone with murder initially.

I don’t believe that’s accurate. The cops and prosecutor thought it was self defense initially. They didn’t charge anyone with murder initially.

It is true. They didn’t. But why they didn’t is Germaine.

Jackie Johnson told them not to. Greg’s old boss and friend.

So now that the fact that the police thought it was murder initially. What do you say?

It is true. They didn’t. But why they didn’t is Germaine.

Jackie Johnson told them not to. Greg’s old boss and friend.

So now that the fact that the police thought it was murder initially. What do you say?
I’d say this case has been racially motivated and infected. The white dudes weren’t initially prosecuted until pressure was applied. They released the video in the hopes of proving it was self defense, which the video does prove. Somehow it was bastardized into murder in the first degree. Weird.

Let me know what you think, and maybe tackle each point made in the video as to whether or not the officer is on point or not. Thanks

My only thoughts are that the McMichael's should have kept a safe following distance while reporting the suspects movements to 911 until the law arrived on scene. I guess the one McMichael being a former lawman figured that he had control of the situation, when infact in hindsight he didn't or it wouldn't have gone so bad for them.

Of course Arbery probably surprised them when confronting them in the way that he did, otherwise when they all finally met up in the street face to face. Arbery was probably also surprised when he turned and saw these citizen's pursuing him.

I guess we will all just move on now. Hopefully everyone will learn something important in it all.

I’d say this case has been racially motivated and infected. The white dudes weren’t initially prosecuted until pressure was applied. They released the video in the hopes of proving it was self defense, which the video does prove. Somehow it was bastardized into murder in the first degree. Weird.

Well a couple problems. First. We don’t have degrees of Murder in Georgia. So Felony Murder and Malice Murder were the only charges available.

Second. The problem isn’t race. It was the good old boys network. It was almost successful in sweeping it under the rug until the video was released.

The thing about corruption is that once the light is on those involved scramble like cockroaches.

As has been shown. The police thought it was murder. They were told not to arrest by Jackie Johnson. That was in itself a crime. And so long as the story stayed local it might have been buried.

Don’t focus on the race. The corruption would have kicked in if the victim was white. And the eventual result would have been the same.

The only charge available was Murder. The only sentence available upon conviction was life or death.

Forum List

Back