Ahmaud Arbery sentencing.

Probably. Let someone chase you for 4 minutes and then pull a gun on you -- see how you respond.
For one thing, I wouldn’t run directly at them and then try to take their gun. If you’d do that, you’re not very smart. Right?

It is the minimum sentence. Post the law. You’ll see that it is not up for debate. The Jussie is required by law to give the sentence.
Actually they never should have been charged with murder. Okay? So please stop with the stupid “it’s the law” bull shit.

For one thing, I wouldn’t run directly at them and then try to take their gun. If you’d do that, you’re not very smart. Right?
After chasing you down for 4 minutes, then trapping you like a rat between two cars, then pulling a gun on you, then approaching you with that gun, you wouldn't fight for your life? You would just... what... assume they wouldn't shoot you or hope they're a really bad aim?

After chasing you down for 4 minutes, then trapping you like a rat between two cars, then pulling a gun on you, then approaching you with that gun, you wouldn't fight for your life? You would just... what... assume they wouldn't shoot you or hope they're a really bad aim?
Lol. What total bull shit. You’re buying the propaganda.

Did you not see the video? He easily could have run left or right or turned around. He could have chosen not to grab the gun.

Lol. What total bull shit. You’re buying the propaganda.

Did you not see the video? He easily could have run left or right or turned around. He could have chosen not to grab the gun.
OK, so you're on record that when someone threatens your life, you run away rather than stand your ground and fight for your life.

Fair enough... You focus on laws and their meanings in which is correct, but what is your opinion on the overall case ? You say don't focus on race, and I agree, but so many outside the case were focusing on race. Did it have an impact on the case in the end ??

Pictures were used to depict Arbery as a very decent innocent looking young man, but then we saw pic's of Arbery as a thug/gang banging looking young man, in which were displayed on social media and viewed on Officer Tatum video's.

Was there a cover up or concealment of Arbery's lifestyle, activities, and prior record's in a "good ole boy" type of way, and was it done in order to sway a courtroom into favor ?? Otherwise the same "good ole boy" system isn't necessarily beholding to a color or clan, so it can exist in many world's when it comes to winning a case or swaying people into a certain direction correct ?? Thanks.

Was race an issue? Sure. But it wasn’t the dominant issue. It isn’t why the McMichaels were not charged on the day. It isn’t why they were eventually charged months later. That was due entirely to the Good Old Boys Network. That is the local name for the corruption that exists.

Now, to those outside Georgia, it is all about Race. And it reared it’s ugly head as it went along. But the Prosecutor, Judge, and fellow Georgian’s all focused on the law, and the actions.

I’ve said this before. But people who say that Arbery would still be alive if he hadn’t grabbed the gun. The truth is that even if that is true. The McMichaels and probably Roddy would still be headed to Prison. Because they broke several laws before the killing, which is why the Prosecution explained it and walked the jury through it like they did.

There is always an emotional component to any trial. But if we are to set that aside, and look at the facts, and the law, and what the law represents. Then we have to conclude the McMichaels were guilty.

They armed up and set off in pursuit. That could be considered Aggravated Assault all by itself, tough to get a conviction, but possible.

They pulled up and told Arbery to stop, we want to talk to you. He refused, and doubled back according to their statement. His right.

Roddy joined in, and they tried to block his path with their trucks, and even bump him off the road. That is now attempted False Imprisonment. And it is Aggravated Assault. Two felonies, ten years max on the False Imprisonment, and Twenty on the Aggravated Assault. So now the McMichaels and Roddy are Felons, before Travis got out of the truck.

Now, the McMichaels were apparently, it isn’t said during the trial, but I believe that they expected to find Travis’s stolen pistol on Arbery when they stopped him. That would prove to the cops that he was a thief, but the problem with the Ends justifies the Means method, is if you are wrong, you’re the biggest loser.

It is going all in, with Prison as the prize for the guy who is wrong. That’s the way Georgia has handled these sorts of things for generations. It is one of the reasons that many businesses hire off duty cops to provide security. The cops have a lot of authority and rights that anyone else, including uniformed Security Guards, don’t have.

I said above, what the law means. In Georgia, nobody is going to charge you with a crime if you shoot a baddie in your house. If Arbery had broken into the McMichael’s house and been killed there, there would have been no problem. And there are plenty of news stories out there to back that up, even when the miscreant is black.

But when you as a citizens chase someone down, they had better be a serious criminal. Again this is the attitude and ideals of Georgia Residents. This guy had better be something serious. Rapist, Robber, Murderer. Something big. Not some small time crap head.

Because the penalties for being wrong are so stiff, it is one of the reasons that Stores rarely try and stop someone for shoplifting. If the person doesn’t have the item on them when the cops arrive, if they dumped it when you weren’t looking, and you can’t prove they dropped it outside the store, you’re the one going to jail.

Now, to the point where Travis is outside the truck. I knew seeing that video that Travis was fucked. Because that is the literal example of Aggravated Assault in Georgia. You just don’t do that. You can open carry, but you best not be waving the bang stick around shouting at someone to stop.

I don’t know if the McMichaels knew this, but they didn’t ever tell Arbery that he was under arrest. One of the vital pieces of action you have to take. It allowed the citizen to exercise lawful authority over another. It is an extreme action, and should be done only when you’re sure and when the risk of the offender escaping is too great.

Yet, without that declaration, it wasn’t a lawful Citizens Arrest, even if they had seen him commit a crime. It was just three guys assaulting a third without that statement.

As I said. Even if Arbery had stopped, the McMichaels would still be headed to prison.

OK, so you're on record that when someone threatens your life, you run away rather than stand your ground and fight for your life.
His life wasn’t threatened. More propaganda. However he did threaten someone else’s life, when he grabbed the gun.

Are you on record that when someone grabs your gun, you should give it to them?

Was race an issue? Sure. But it wasn’t the dominant issue. It isn’t why the McMichaels were not charged on the day. It isn’t why they were eventually charged months later. That was due entirely to the Good Old Boys Network. That is the local name for the corruption that exists.

Now, to those outside Georgia, it is all about Race. And it reared it’s ugly head as it went along. But the Prosecutor, Judge, and fellow Georgian’s all focused on the law, and the actions.

I’ve said this before. But people who say that Arbery would still be alive if he hadn’t grabbed the gun. The truth is that even if that is true. The McMichaels and probably Roddy would still be headed to Prison. Because they broke several laws before the killing, which is why the Prosecution explained it and walked the jury through it like they did.

There is always an emotional component to any trial. But if we are to set that aside, and look at the facts, and the law, and what the law represents. Then we have to conclude the McMichaels were guilty.

They armed up and set off in pursuit. That could be considered Aggravated Assault all by itself, tough to get a conviction, but possible.

They pulled up and told Arbery to stop, we want to talk to you. He refused, and doubled back according to their statement. His right.

Roddy joined in, and they tried to block his path with their trucks, and even bump him off the road. That is now attempted False Imprisonment. And it is Aggravated Assault. Two felonies, ten years max on the False Imprisonment, and Twenty on the Aggravated Assault. So now the McMichaels and Roddy are Felons, before Travis got out of the truck.

Now, the McMichaels were apparently, it isn’t said during the trial, but I believe that they expected to find Travis’s stolen pistol on Arbery when they stopped him. That would prove to the cops that he was a thief, but the problem with the Ends justifies the Means method, is if you are wrong, you’re the biggest loser.

It is going all in, with Prison as the prize for the guy who is wrong. That’s the way Georgia has handled these sorts of things for generations. It is one of the reasons that many businesses hire off duty cops to provide security. The cops have a lot of authority and rights that anyone else, including uniformed Security Guards, don’t have.

I said above, what the law means. In Georgia, nobody is going to charge you with a crime if you shoot a baddie in your house. If Arbery had broken into the McMichael’s house and been killed there, there would have been no problem. And there are plenty of news stories out there to back that up, even when the miscreant is black.

But when you as a citizens chase someone down, they had better be a serious criminal. Again this is the attitude and ideals of Georgia Residents. This guy had better be something serious. Rapist, Robber, Murderer. Something big. Not some small time crap head.

Because the penalties for being wrong are so stiff, it is one of the reasons that Stores rarely try and stop someone for shoplifting. If the person doesn’t have the item on them when the cops arrive, if they dumped it when you weren’t looking, and you can’t prove they dropped it outside the store, you’re the one going to jail.

Now, to the point where Travis is outside the truck. I knew seeing that video that Travis was fucked. Because that is the literal example of Aggravated Assault in Georgia. You just don’t do that. You can open carry, but you best not be waving the bang stick around shouting at someone to stop.

I don’t know if the McMichaels knew this, but they didn’t ever tell Arbery that he was under arrest. One of the vital pieces of action you have to take. It allowed the citizen to exercise lawful authority over another. It is an extreme action, and should be done only when you’re sure and when the risk of the offender escaping is too great.

Yet, without that declaration, it wasn’t a lawful Citizens Arrest, even if they had seen him commit a crime. It was just three guys assaulting a third without that statement.

As I said. Even if Arbery had stopped, the McMichaels would still be headed to prison.
Okay. Let’s go with aggravated assault, not murder.

His life wasn’t threatened. More propaganda. However he did threaten someone else’s life, when he grabbed the gun.

When someone chases you for 4 minutes, preventing you from running away, and then points a shotgun at you, they are absofuckinglutely threatening your life.

Sell stupid elsewhere.

When someone chases you for 4 minutes, preventing you from running away, and then points a shotgun at you, they are absofuckinglutely threatening your life.

Sell stupid elsewhere.
You’re so stupid you run right up to the gun and get killed.

You’re so stupid you run right up to the gun and get killed.
It's a chance you take. You run up and grab the gun and maybe you win that fight or maybe you lose. But if you run away, you take the chance the fuck with the gun pointed at you doesn't shoot or he shoots you in the back.

Greg told the police that he said “stop or I’ll blow your fucking head off”.

If a black guy says that to you. I guess you stop and surrender right?

Greg told the police that he said “stop or I’ll blow your fucking head off”.

If a black guy says that to you. I guess you stop and surrender right?
One thing is certain, I don’t run toward guys with guns that I know are out to get me.

One thing is certain, I don’t run toward guys with guns that I know are out to get me.
So you run away and let them shoot you in the back rather than fight for your life, huh?

The death was a result of the felonious actions of the trio. So we just ignore the death? Is that how we do it now?
Okay fine. Greg gets a lengthy sentence but not life without parole, because Arbery attacked him. Arbery holds some level of responsibility for his death.

New Topics

Forum List

Back