Ahmaud Arbery sentencing.

Let me know what you think, and maybe tackle each point made in the video as to whether or not the officer is on point or not. Thanks

My only thoughts are that the McMichael's should have kept a safe following distance while reporting the suspects movements to 911 until the law arrived on scene. I guess the one McMichael being a former lawman figured that he had control of the situation, when infact in hindsight he didn't or it wouldn't have gone so bad for them.

Of course Arbery probably surprised them when confronting them in the way that he did, otherwise when they all finally met up in the street face to face. Arbery was probably also surprised when he turned and saw these citizen's pursuing him.

I guess we will all just move on now. Hopefully everyone will learn something important in it all.

I didn’t watch it all. I’ve gotten sick of people from outside Georgia lecturing us on Georgia Law. My first thought to his first point is the law is not just text. It is how the text is defined by precedent setting cases.

Under the Winn Dixie V. Nichols case the rights and authority to effect a Citizens Arrest was defined.

Further the reasonable suspicion was also defined in a case. So the understood definition in New York is not the legal definition in Georgia.

Further. The standards of proof for a citizen is different than a cop. For a cop seeing a guy running from a house might be enough to stop the guy and talk to him. For a citizen it isn’t. He must have done something doesn’t work to stop a citizen for a citizen.

What I said before still stands. The McMichaels did everything I was told to never do in my CCW class. The penalties I was warned about is exactly what they got.

Well a couple problems. First. We don’t have degrees of Murder in Georgia. So Felony Murder and Malice Murder were the only charges available.

Second. The problem isn’t race. It was the good old boys network. It was almost successful in sweeping it under the rug until the video was released.

The thing about corruption is that once the light is on those involved scramble like cockroaches.

As has been shown. The police thought it was murder. They were told not to arrest by Jackie Johnson. That was in itself a crime. And so long as the story stayed local it might have been buried.

Don’t focus on the race. The corruption would have kicked in if the victim was white. And the eventual result would have been the same.

The only charge available was Murder. The only sentence available upon conviction was life or death.
In essence this case was about race…it was about trying to correct historical wrongs by committing a new wrong. The problem is two wrongs don’t make a right and will only further divide the races.

Wherever a white kills a black and the establishment media jumps in to propagandize it, you can bet the white won’t get a fair trial. This is the new reality.

I didn’t watch it all. I’ve gotten sick of people from outside Georgia lecturing us on Georgia Law. My first thought to his first point is the law is not just text. It is how the text is defined by precedent setting cases.

Under the Winn Dixie V. Nichols case the rights and authority to effect a Citizens Arrest was defined.

Further the reasonable suspicion was also defined in a case. So the understood definition in New York is not the legal definition in Georgia.

Further. The standards of proof for a citizen is different than a cop. For a cop seeing a guy running from a house might be enough to stop the guy and talk to him. For a citizen it isn’t. He must have done something doesn’t work to stop a citizen for a citizen.

What I said before still stands. The McMichaels did everything I was told to never do in my CCW class. The penalties I was warned about is exactly what they got.
Fair enough... You focus on laws and their meanings in which is correct, but what is your opinion on the overall case ? You say don't focus on race, and I agree, but so many outside the case were focusing on race. Did it have an impact on the case in the end ??

Pictures were used to depict Arbery as a very decent innocent looking young man, but then we saw pic's of Arbery as a thug/gang banging looking young man, in which were displayed on social media and viewed on Officer Tatum video's.

Was there a cover up or concealment of Arbery's lifestyle, activities, and prior record's in a "good ole boy" type of way, and was it done in order to sway a courtroom into favor ?? Otherwise the same "good ole boy" system isn't necessarily beholding to a color or clan, so it can exist in many world's when it comes to winning a case or swaying people into a certain direction correct ?? Thanks.

Fair enough... You focus on laws and their meanings in which is correct, but what is your opinion on the overall case ? You say don't focus on race, and I agree, but so many outside the case were focusing on race. Did it have an impact on the case in the end ??

Pictures were used to depict Arbery as a very decent innocent looking young man, but then we saw pic's of Arbery as a thug/gang banging looking young man, in which were displayed on social media and viewed on Officer Tatum video's.

Was there a cover up or concealment of Arbery's lifestyle, activities, and prior record's in a "good ole boy" type of way, and was it done in order to sway a courtroom into favor ?? Otherwise the same "good ole boy" system isn't necessarily beholding to a color or clan, so it can exist in many world's when it comes to winning a case or swaying people into a certain direction correct ?? Thanks.
This too is typical of what’s done by the media when a black is killed by a white. The media portrays the black as just a nice clean young man. Remember Trayvon?

Does anyone really think Arbery was out for a jog? He had a criminal history, yet none of the three whites sentenced to life had a criminal record. Arbrey was mentally unstable too. His dear mommy even called the cops on him, fearing he would harm her.

Had Aubrey gotten hold of the gun, there might have been three dead white guys and the corporate media would have ignored it.

Yes the law is wrong. It needs to be changed. But even that doesn’t excuse what happened in this trial. An act of self defense by one man leads to three life sentences, is absurd.
Judges can't change the law. And all three were convicted of felony murder, which is a homicide during the commission of another felony, because all three committed aggregated assault leading up to Arbery's murder.

This case was entirely too racist. Blacks threatened violence if they were found not guilty. The jurors and judge knew what would happen if they didn’t do what the blacks wanted. Jackson and Sharpton were allowed in the courtroom to make it a circus. Armed BLM militia marched and chanted outside the courthouse. The corporate media was entirely on the side of Arbery. A man with a criminal record and history of mental illness. Of course, this history wasn’t allowed exposure in the court hearings.

If all involved were black or white, there wouldn’t have been three life sentences.
The judge had no choice. Had nothing to do with race. The law requires sentencing people convicted of malice murder or felony murder to life in prison.

I’d say this case has been racially motivated and infected. The white dudes weren’t initially prosecuted until pressure was applied. They released the video in the hopes of proving it was self defense, which the video does prove. Somehow it was bastardized into murder in the first degree. Weird.
Wut??? Whites hunting down a black in Georgia is racist??

This too is typical of what’s done by the media when a black is killed by a white. The media portrays the black as just a nice clean young man. Remember Trayvon?

Does anyone really think Arbery was out for a jog? He had a criminal history, yet none of the three whites sentenced to life had a criminal record. Arbrey was mentally unstable too. His dear mommy even called the cops on him, fearing he would harm her.

Had Aubrey gotten hold of the gun, there might have been three dead white guys and the corporate media would have ignored it.
Fair points...

Wut??? Whites hunting down a black in Georgia is racist??
See how you put that, so why would you depict it like that even if it was first thought to be the case, yet then it was proven not to be the case after all the evidence was in ? They weren't hunting anyone down as put into your racist language used, but rather they were in pursuit of a suspected burglar that they had thought was leaving a residence that may have been burglarized by the suspect in question. Yes it looked suspicious because they were white, and pick ups were involved, but in the end the evidence and testimony is all the courts are interested in. They weren't convicted on hunting a person with intent to kill because of ones color, but were instead convicted on recklessness, and the alledged malpractice concerning the law in which led to an individuals death.

Let me know what you think, and maybe tackle each point made in the video as to whether or not the officer is on point or not. Thanks

My only thoughts are that the McMichael's should have kept a safe following distance while reporting the suspects movements to 911 until the law arrived on scene. I guess the one McMichael being a former lawman figured that he had control of the situation, when infact in hindsight he didn't or it wouldn't have gone so bad for them.

Of course Arbery probably surprised them when confronting them in the way that he did, otherwise when they all finally met up in the street face to face. Arbery was probably also surprised when he turned and saw these citizen's pursuing him.

I guess we will all just move on now. Hopefully everyone will learn something important in it all.

LOLOL

That guy is a nut. Must be a conservative. I laughed out loud when he said he couldn't understand why Bryan was charged with anything. Maybe it was for chasing Arbery down, preventing his escape, hitting him with his vehicle and trapping him like a rat with the McMichaels?

He also ignores the fact that Travis threatened Arbery's life when he pointed his shotgun at him, giving Arbery the right to fight for his life.

He also ignores Arbery's right to stand his ground.

See how you put that, so why would you depict it like that even if it was first thought to be the case, yet then it was proven not to be the case after all the evidence was in ? They weren't hunting anyone down as put into your racist language used, but rather they were in pursuit of a suspected burglar that they had thought was leaving a residence that may have been burglarized by the suspect in question. Yes it looked suspicious because they were white, and pick ups were involved, but in the end the evidence and testimony is all the courts are interested in. They weren't convicted on hunting a person with intent to kill because of ones color, but were instead convicted on recklessness, and the alledged malpractice concerning the law in which led to an individuals death.
Of course they were hunting him. Not to kill him but to detain him. They said they were trying to make him stop. Up to the point Travis got out of his vehicle and pointed his gun at Arbery.

Of course they were hunting him. Not to kill him but to detain him. They said they were trying to make him stop. Up to the point Travis got out of his vehicle and pointed his gun at Arbery.
Drop the hunting bull crap if you want to be taken seriously.

Arbery would still be alive today, had he not tried to take the gun.

Arbery's past played no part in it. It all came down to Travis threatening Arbery's life by pointing a shotgun at him. That gave Arbery the legal right to stand his ground.

In essence this case was about race…it was about trying to correct historical wrongs by committing a new wrong. The problem is two wrongs don’t make a right and will only further divide the races.

Wherever a white kills a black and the establishment media jumps in to propagandize it, you can bet the white won’t get a fair trial. This is the new reality.

Preposterous.

I said as the trial was still months away and people were arguing here for a change of venue that they did not know Georgia. The defendants best chance was where the trial was held. In a deep red county.

Trump got twice as many votes in the county as Biden. This was the best chance the McMichaels had. And that chance was perilously slim. Practically nonexistent.

Now. People in Georgia generally speaking. And I live in a Red district. They think the McMichaels were wrong. The general feeling summed up is that the McMichaels had no business chasing Arbury down.

The law said they weren’t supposed to. The general feeling of the people is that they weren’t supposed to. And Common Decency said that you just don’t do that.

You see it as a racial issue. You won’t take the blinders off long enough to see the whole story. For you and the article you posted it is all about Race.

Now. Try this on for size. Imagine that the three were Black. And the man killed was white. The exact same circumstances. The exact same sequence of events. Would the three Blacks be guilty in your mind? Or would they be justified to your way of thinking?

For me. The answer is exactly the same. Because I don’t care about the color. It is the actions I and a vast majority of Georgians find intolerable.

Arbery would still be alive today had he not tried to take the gun.
True.. Was that established in court finally, otherwise as if that is what happened in regards to the gun ? Sorry that I didn't follow it close enough to see if that was finally determined to be the case.

Forum List

Back