Age yourself with a store

There is still one here in Amarillo (or at least 3 years ago when I last visited it). And, the thing I liked about it was that there was a staff that was really helpful, and could help you figure out what you needed, even if you only had a rough idea of what it was, and weren't sure.
Now if you need an individual nut or bolt for a home project. You have to buy a dozen in a sealed package. ... :cool:

Nah...just go to Ace Hardware.
Remember as a kid buying steel jaw traps at Ace and running trap lines in the woods.
It was all fun and games until you snagged a skunk.

These are probably still around. The one by my house closed ten years ago. It was an old one with five foot wide isles.

View attachment 437208

We have two or three Pigglys around here...

1609786762688.png

Attachments

• 1609786654221.png
    1609786654221.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 14
Hardware stores with wood floors where you could buy individual nuts and bolts stored in wooden bins on long rows of shelves. ... :cool:
And they had a certain smell about them that only the hardware stores had.

And the people who worked in them were actually helpful and knew what they were talking about.

Hardware stores with wood floors where you could buy individual nuts and bolts stored in wooden bins on long rows of shelves. ... :cool:
And they had a certain smell about them that only the hardware stores had.

And the people who worked in them were actually helpful and knew what they were talking about.

Like I said,we still have them if you have Ace Hardware in your state.
They're very knowledgeable.
They are however a bit more expensive than say Home Depot but it's worth the extra cost if you're delving into something you're not familiar with. And they have a better selection of hardware.

Forum List

Back