Age yourself with a store

Hardware stores with wood floors where you could buy individual nuts and bolts stored in wooden bins on long rows of shelves. ... :cool:
There is one of those a few miles from my house. Probably been in the same spot for 100 years. It is a hipster hood now.

96405ee836e208347877eda033d20d3d.jpg

coupon1.jpg

Hardware stores with wood floors where you could buy individual nuts and bolts stored in wooden bins on long rows of shelves. ... :cool:

There is still one here in Amarillo (or at least 3 years ago when I last visited it). And, the thing I liked about it was that there was a staff that was really helpful, and could help you figure out what you needed, even if you only had a rough idea of what it was, and weren't sure.

There is still one here in Amarillo (or at least 3 years ago when I last visited it). And, the thing I liked about it was that there was a staff that was really helpful, and could help you figure out what you needed, even if you only had a rough idea of what it was, and weren't sure.
Now if you need an individual nut or bolt for a home project. You have to buy a dozen in a sealed package. ... :cool:

Woolworths brings back fond memories.

When I was a kid, I stole Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol 4, Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy, Mob Rules, Live Evil, Live at Last, Never Say Die and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath from Woolworths.

And Blizzard of Oz, Diary of a Madman Speak of the Devil.

All of the KISS and Rush albums

And all of the Led Zeppelin albums too. And who knows what else? Even the latest 45 singles because I made a key.

Hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Fishies, snakes, hamsters, whatever.

Then one day the manager busted me stealing a pack of Rolos.

That faggot banned me for 2 months. :(

I was pissed because they made the best French fries. 2 months? Seriously, 2 months??? Over a pack of Rolos? How could I go without Woolworth's fries for that long.

Last edited:
RADIOSHACK was my goto source for electronics tech knowledge. And parts. And actually I bought my first computer there. A TRS-80.

XRyglLA8XLCIh3IW8oq7YlddP6hK4XkTkIC7U-x3aRxLOH_7TWN7iGOKtA_MEJfXLWU09Tvc0e50c863VQ

Yes kids, us cavemen really did used to store our data on cassette tapes. And an upgrade from 4k RAM to 16k RAM cost a lot of money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back