After concealing her race, Black Indianapolis owner's home value more than doubled

That's what you hope.

It's completely stupid and so easy to defend.

There were three different appraisals done by a completely different company each time.
Two of the three valued the house wasn't worth much at all.
The county keeps records of home values for tax purposes.
From the links posted here, there is no way that house was worth near the amount of the last appraisal company.
A house doesn't gain over 150% of value in three years unless some extremely major renovations took place, which obvious wasn't the case here.

Unless these first two companies give in to some monetary demand of hers (which looks to be the case) all the court would have to do is hire an appraisal company they deem acceptable to give an unbiased appraisal, and from what was posted here, it will likely be somewhere between the first two companies appraisal values.
This has been going on for years, it isn't anything new.

That's what you hope.

There were three different appraisals done by a completely different company each time.
From the links posted here, there is no way that house was worth near the amount of the last appraisal company.
A house doesn't gain over 150% of value in three years unless some extremely major renovations took place, which obvious wasn't the case here.

Unless these first two companies give in to some monetary demand of hers (which looks to be the case) all the court would have to do is hire an appraisal company they deem acceptable to give an unbiased appraisal, and from what was posted here, it will likely be somewhere between the first two companies appraisal values.
I give you shit about bullshit magic naughty words, racial pride and what not, mainly trying to get you to understand that individuals have worth on their own, not tied to their race. Let's put that aside and let me ask you a question about all of this, and all joking aside:

Assuming this is racism (and I don't believe it is, but for argument's sake) what do you think we should do about the alleged racism you described in the OP?

What is the solution?

The result? Carlette Duffy's appraised value more than doubled.

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

There is no such thing as racism in this country.

Here house was just low balled because she works for the wrong person.

Smfh.
I call bullshit. Assuming everything is true in the article, homes in black or white neighborhoods don’t go from $100K to $259K in 3 years right now. And I am unaware of any predominantly black neighborhoods that are considered so desirable to live in you can almost triple your money in 3 years.
That's because you are a racist moron that stays in your lily white neighborhood.

So where do black people with money choose to live? lol yes they choose neighborhoods that are mostly white, dumbass; even your own middle class doesn't want to live near a mostly black neighborhood.
Come to Atlanta moron and I can show you plenty of nice, crime free, black neighborhoods. Nothing like an ignorant, racist redneck.
you are more likely to be a victim of murder,or aggravated assault in Atl then in Chicago
The hits just keep on coming.
that’s what the victims of violence crimes in ATL keep saying.

So that pretty much says you don't know what you are talking about as usual.
but Stacy Abrams is too busy killing business opportunities for minorities to pay attention.

You mean getting folks out to vote which is why Trump lost Georgia.
Or, as usual...you have no clue...https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/verify-atlanta-crime-versus-chicago/85-d157ec52-ab54-4a99-98f1-5ab9d97ea86b

"We crunched the numbers and, adjusting for population, in Atlanta, you’re more likely to be a victim of murder, shootings, and aggravated assault than in Chicago"

No, I mean killing jobs and opportunties...like when she pushed MLB All Star game out, based on lies and threats....typical
Some folks just can't help themselves when it comes to lying.

haha yeah she lied

we know now she was pressuring mlb to leave
No you lied like you usually do.
nope it’s been exposed

you keep repeating debunked news
Lying comes naturally to you Trump Humpers
Lying is what the Dems and their propagandist do....you, your just a sheep, that falls for their lies and stays uninformed

That is the life of a Trump Humper, you just showed us that.

That's what you hope.

That's what you hope.

I give you shit about bullshit magic naughty words, racial pride and what not, mainly trying to get you to understand that individuals have worth on their own, not tied to their race. Let's put that aside and let me ask you a question about all of this, and all joking aside:

Assuming this is racism (and I don't believe it is, but for argument's sake) what do you think we should do about the alleged racism you described in the OP?

What is the solution?
There are laws in place to take care of it.

That's what you hope.

That's what you hope.

What is the solution?
So, you just want enforcement of the laws on the books?

I am fine with that. No argument here.

I only give people hell when they cry wolf over and over to the point where it's no longer a cry for relief, but a tool for annoyance.

After concealing her race, Black Indianapolis owner's home value more than doubled

The math doesn't work out, dude.
She's black and she's selling her house -- find a different realitor, list it to more upscale clients -- ask for a higher price.

But a house is a house. The race of the seller is irrelevant -- if you're trying to buy real estate on the market, you're not going get a better deal on a place to live just because the former resident is black.

The seller is no longer going to live there once the house is sold. The race can't have any real effect on the price.

Otherwise a black realitor is going to set up shop across the street from a white realitor and sell homes for half the price, and the buyers will rave.

That's what you hope.

That's what you hope.

What is the solution?

I only give people hell when they cry wolf over and over to the point where it's no longer a cry for relief, but a tool for annoyance.
Racism has been going on in this country since it was founded and the folks who are dishing it out always claim that those on the receiving end are crying wolf.

She's black and she's selling her house -- find a different realitor, list it to more upscale clients -- ask for a higher price.

But a house is a house. The race of the seller is irrelevant -- if you're trying to buy real estate on the market, you're not going get a better deal on a place to live just because the former resident is black.

The seller is no longer going to live there once the house is sold. The race can't have any real effect on the price.

Otherwise a black realitor is going to set up shop across the street from a white realitor and sell homes for half the price, and the buyers will rave.
Unfortunately there has been case after case documented on the subject, so yes race does play a role in it.

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

Smfh.
I call bullshit. Assuming everything is true in the article, homes in black or white neighborhoods don’t go from $100K to $259K in 3 years right now. And I am unaware of any predominantly black neighborhoods that are considered so desirable to live in you can almost triple your money in 3 years.
That's because you are a racist moron that stays in your lily white neighborhood.
Why would I live with people who love murdering people just for fun?
You mean like white folks have done in this country for over 400yrs.
If you’re not murdering babies you’re murdering adults.
I don't live in Chicago, so go talk to someone who does.

Yes, I see you're hiding out in a red state, like a lot of the DemoKKKrat hypocrites who don't want to live in places run by people like you.
Uh this state went Blue in the last Presidential Election. I guess your dumb ass figured out where the Capitol of Siberia is as well.

"The Capitol of Siberia"? LOL! You fucking rubes never disappoint.
Neither do you dumb ass rednecks.

Irkutsk – The Capital Of Siberia. Irkutsk is one of the largest cities in the vast Russian taiga, also called – “the capital of Siberia”. Others call it “Eastern Paris”. It is located in the path of the Trans-Siberian railway highway.

I was mocking your dumb ass for misspelling "capital", and you didn't even pick up on it! LOL!

Public school in a blue city, right?
No you weren't dumb ass, you showed how big of an idiot you actually are.

My pointing out your inability to spell simple words actually means you're the idiot. But nice try, I guess...

That's what you hope.

That's what you hope.

What is the solution?

Racism has been going on in this country since it was founded and the folks who are dishing it out always claim that those on the receiving end are crying wolf.

Say hi to your governor, homie (he's the one on the right in the DNC uniform)!!

190202113118-tease-ralph-northam-yearbook-photo-handout-super-169.jpg

That's what you hope.

That's what you hope.

What is the solution?

What racism am I dishing out?

Unfortunately there has been case after case documented on the subject, so yes race does play a role in it.
Again, is it skin color? Maybe we could fix it if that's the problem.

If it is so bad why are you still there Ray?

I explained that already. On top of what I explained, my parents are very old, and do live nearby. My father about 10 miles and my mother 2.5 miles. In fact I just took her grocery shopping today; she never drove a car in her life. plus I currently have great tenants. Selling out would be letting them down as well. They've been here between 6 and 15 years. If they go, so will I. I have a beautiful and large property for a city. I enjoy what I do taking care of this place.

You just lump all black folks together, if a black man in Seattle commits a crime you claim that a man in NC committed the crime as well.

When did I ever do that?

So move to a lily white state like Idaho. It must be hell living around folks you hate, you probably own a business sucking off of black folks like a big ole black beast. You stay because you love that titty milk and if you go to a lily white area they probably won't buy that cheap ass shit you are selling.

Up to this point, I thought you might be the one black on USMB that could have an intelligent adult conversation. I should have known better.

Who would want to live in a house previously owned by Negroes?

You could never clean it good enough to get the stink out.

No wonder the price would be lower.

Racism is a mental disorder that effects almost ALL LEFTIST !!!!
Really, this is what is WRONG with our society.

Flash writes something that cannot be denied as PURE racism.
Then Ford screams that racism is affecting almost all leftists.

Are you OK with what Flash wrote?

Smfh.
Why would I live with people who love murdering people just for fun?
You mean like white folks have done in this country for over 400yrs.
If you’re not murdering babies you’re murdering adults.
I don't live in Chicago, so go talk to someone who does.

Yes, I see you're hiding out in a red state, like a lot of the DemoKKKrat hypocrites who don't want to live in places run by people like you.
Uh this state went Blue in the last Presidential Election. I guess your dumb ass figured out where the Capitol of Siberia is as well.

"The Capitol of Siberia"? LOL! You fucking rubes never disappoint.
Neither do you dumb ass rednecks.

Irkutsk – The Capital Of Siberia. Irkutsk is one of the largest cities in the vast Russian taiga, also called – “the capital of Siberia”. Others call it “Eastern Paris”. It is located in the path of the Trans-Siberian railway highway.

I was mocking your dumb ass for misspelling "capital", and you didn't even pick up on it! LOL!

Public school in a blue city, right?
No you weren't dumb ass, you showed how big of an idiot you actually are.

My pointing out your inability to spell simple words actually means you're the idiot. But nice try, I guess...
Oh great you found a word I misspelled, that really shows you are a smart guy. How about pointing out that your dumb ass didn't know what you were talking about when it came to Siberia.

That's what you hope.

That's what you hope.

What is the solution?

Say hi to your governor, homie (he's the one on the right in the DNC uniform)!!

190202113118-tease-ralph-northam-yearbook-photo-handout-super-169.jpg
I don't live in Virginia, so he is not my governor.

If it is so bad why are you still there Ray?
I explained that already. On top of what I explained, my parents are very old, and do live nearby. My father about 10 miles and my mother 2.5 miles. In fact I just took her grocery shopping today; she never drove a car in her life. plus I currently have great tenants. Selling out would be letting them down as well. They've been here between 6 and 15 years. If they go, so will I. I have a beautiful and large property for a city. I enjoy what I do taking care of this place.
Oh so you are a slum lord, you hate black folks but you don't have a problem renting out your raggedy ass apartments to them.

You just lump all black folks together, if a black man in Seattle commits a crime you claim that a man in NC committed the crime as well.

When did I ever do that?

Really?
So move to a lily white state like Idaho. It must be hell living around folks you hate, you probably own a business sucking off of black folks like a big ole black beast. You stay because you love that titty milk and if you go to a lily white area they probably won't buy that cheap ass shit you are selling.

[/QUOTE]

Up to this point, I thought you might be the one black on USMB that could have an intelligent adult conversation. I should have known better.

Hard to have that type of conversation with a man who always attacks black.

Smfh.

So where do black people with money choose to live? lol yes they choose neighborhoods that are mostly white, dumbass; even your own middle class doesn't want to live near a mostly black neighborhood.
Come to Atlanta moron and I can show you plenty of nice, crime free, black neighborhoods. Nothing like an ignorant, racist redneck.
you are more likely to be a victim of murder,or aggravated assault in Atl then in Chicago

but Stacy Abrams is too busy killing business opportunities for minorities to pay attention.

Or, as usual...you have no clue...https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/verify-atlanta-crime-versus-chicago/85-d157ec52-ab54-4a99-98f1-5ab9d97ea86b

"We crunched the numbers and, adjusting for population, in Atlanta, you’re more likely to be a victim of murder, shootings, and aggravated assault than in Chicago"

No, I mean killing jobs and opportunties...like when she pushed MLB All Star game out, based on lies and threats....typical

haha yeah she lied

nope it’s been exposed

Lying is what the Dems and their propagandist do....you, your just a sheep, that falls for their lies and stays uninformed

Yes, yet you continue to ignore the reality and repeat debunked lies...it's odd.

Whoever did the appraisal for 259K should have their license revoked. And the complaint the idiot lady filed will go nowhere.

Smfh.

haha yeah she lied

nope it’s been exposed

Yes, yet you continue to ignore the reality and repeat debunked lies...it's odd.

Show me ONE article or anything quoting where Stacey Abrams wanted the All Star Game removed from Georgia, just ONE. I don't want a lying, right wing blog or opinion piece.

Forum List

Back