ACLU Sues Indiana Town over Cross on Top of Christmas Tree

If the matter is that important to them, what is stopping them from buying their own tree?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Having their own tree will not take that despicable cross off the town's tree. Some people hate Christian symbols and want to remove them all from exposure to the public.
Oh well. Some people want things like swear words, cigarettes, liquor, drugs, guns, etc. to be out of the picture as well, but are they going anywhere? No.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Having their own tree will not take that despicable cross off the town's tree. Some people hate Christian symbols and want to remove them all from exposure to the public.
Despicable Cross?

Well, at least you are finally being honest.

If these atheists start getting assassinated when they file these foolish charges , they'll stop this War on Christmas. Let these fuckers file charges against Muslims for the right to draw a picture of Mohammed as an expression of their First Amendment right to Free Speech.They wouldn't dare.
Of course they wouldn't. Neither would even the irreverent South Park.
IOW, they are hypocrites. They act like Christianity is harming their poor little existence in this nation, but refuse to admit Islam is the real scourge.

Last edited:
Despicable Cross?

Well, at least you are finally being honest.
I was being sarcastic. They are not despicable to me. They are apparently despicable to those fighting through the ACLU to have them removed.

A church on every corner and a cross on every corner and this old bastard bitches at Christmas! What a turd!
If these atheists start getting assassinated when they file these foolish charges , they'll stop this War on Christmas. Let these fuckers file charges against Muslims for the right to draw a picture of Mohammed as an expression of their First Amendment right to Free Speech.They wouldn't dare.

Christmas retail surging, seems "the war" is nothing at all.

Time to get over this crap, Christmas is supposedly a religious holiday. I am an atheist, but a cross on a tree would certainly not bother me.
Bullshit. It makes you break out in hives, admit it.
Most Atheists aren't bothered by crosses or other religious symbols.

Raised in the church, couldn't give a fuck less either way. But christians in america soiling themselves in an imagined state of downtrodden oppression in american society is utterly laughable.

Time to get over this crap, Christmas is supposedly a religious holiday. I am an atheist, but a cross on a tree would certainly not bother me.
Not at all. I respect everyone's right to their own beliefs.
roflmao, yeah, right
Seeing someone so at peace with life really annoys you.
No, liars annoy me.

Not at all. I respect everyone's right to their own beliefs.
roflmao, yeah, right
Seeing someone so at peace with life really annoys you.
No, liars annoy me.
I thought you LIKED Trump.
You are in denial with anyone in tune to the rhythm of the universe, because you are cosmic unaware.

You are in denial with anyone in tune to the rhythm of the universe, because you are cosmic unaware.

I luv Trump because of all the Oligarchs and ideologues that hate the guy.

And I am better acquainted with Reality than libtards like you who thought that Hillary was going to win, roflmao.

I luv Trump because of all the Oligarchs and ideologues that hate the guy.

And I am better acquainted with Reality than libtards like you who thought that Hillary was going to win, roflmao.
Sometimes we hope for the best to happen.

I can't understand why anyone would want to piss off an entire town over something so stupid. The one guy in the vid is related to the idiot and is against him.
I hope everyone puts a large cross in their front yard to send that dumbass a message.

I can't understand why anyone would want to piss off an entire town over something so stupid. The one guy in the vid is related to the idiot and is against him.
I hope everyone puts a large cross in their front yard to send that dumbass a message.
I'd put a 2x4 up his ass.

This is so damn ridiculous.

For as far back as anyone can remember, there's always been a cross atop the Christmas tree on the square in Knightstown, Indiana.

But that could change if the Grinches at the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana have their way.

The ACLU filed a federal lawsuit against the town on behalf of Joseph Tomkins, a resident who said the image of the lighted cross has caused him "irreparable harm."

"The cross is the best known symbol of Christianity and Knightstown's prominent display of this symbol represents an establishment of religion in violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution," the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit demands the immediate removal of the cross, monetary damages and a declaration that the cross display violates the First Amendment, the Indianapolis Star reports.

Mr. Tompkins alleges he is "forced to come into direct and unwelcome contact" with the cross as he drives through town.

It's unclear whether the town will hire an attorney and fight this modern-day Ebenezer Scrooge, but many in this small town are ready to wage a yuletide legal battle.

"There's a church on every corner here," resident and relative Mark Tompkins told Fox 59.
ACLU sues Indiana town over Christmas display cross

What a douche!! I'm an atheist and I have no problem with crosses on Christmas trees in town squares. For that matter, I have no problem with the words..."In God we trust" on our currency, as all I care about is if I can purchase stuff with it. I also don't have a problem with a large tablet with the "Ten Commandments" sitting on government property. It's not oppressing me.

Forum List

Back