ACLU sues Indiana town over Christmas display cross

Gotta love the bolded part, LOL:

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins objects to the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says Tompkins has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”

I wonder if he turns down his day off work ...

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins objects to the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says Tompkins has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”
They just need to go to their safe spaces and commit suicide, fuck those assholes.

Hey this stuff is driving the democrat party to extinction so I hope they keep up the good work

Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas. We celebrate it and we aren't christians. Put a star or bow on top like EVERYONE else does and always has. My parents were christians but never put a cross up on christmas tree or for our decorations lol. Its just a goofy display. I wish people could fix things without involving the UnAmerican ACLU though

Why not call a truce Odium

If liberals and LGBT agree to let others have their Christmas expressions and practices,
then they can have their gay parades and marriages!

If you are going to argue that one isn't imposing or forcing anyone,
the same can be argued for the other.

Why not insist that people treat BELIEFS and Expressions equally.
Either include them and stop harassment and lawsuits to remove them,
or REMOVE THEM ALL and quit fighting over either one!

Treat ALL faith based beliefs equally whether religious political or secular.
And quit targeting one or the other, while demanding tolerance and inclusion.

They just need to go to their safe spaces and commit suicide, fuck those assholes.

Hey this stuff is driving the democrat party to extinction so I hope they keep up the good work

Liberals, Atheist's, Agnostic's...they're way too smart for Christianity and religion...just ask them. They also believe they have life by the balls...Everyone around them is stupid yet they've gone through three marriages, have estranged children they don't support or parent, usually have addiction issues and a shitty job if they have one.
Truth is they're ignorant, they can't wrap their simple minds around the fact that believe or not...a Christian America is a better America. You damn nut-jobs have nothing by the balls!

What's stupid is a town throwing up a cross even though it's been settled 100x that it violates the establishment clause .

We really need to start ignoring these stupid lawsuits.
Great idea! Then you would lose even quicker! No one to fight against it...

I mean the courts should not allow these frivolous lawsuits.

The guy suffered harm from a cross in a Christmas scene?

That is stupid shit.

Dear ColonelAngus
No, it's the PRINCIPLE of the govt endorsing a faith based tradition that others don't believe in.
If we are going to argue that govt should not be endorsing same sex marriage if not all people believe in that,
we should respect the same principle for the Atheist arguing it is being violated by govt endorsing this on public property.

That is stupid shit.

It begs the question why all those crosses on church steeples haven't offended the snowflake in the past

Exactly. His "irreparable harm" was only caused by a cross in a town display? He is fine if it's a private display?

Huh?

Why does the ACLU need that idiotic excuse in order to file a separation of church and state lawsuit?

That is stupid shit.

It begs the question why all those crosses on church steeples haven't offended the snowflake in the past

Exactly. His "irreparable harm" was only caused by a cross in a town display? He is fine if it's a private display?

Huh?

Why does the ACLU need that idiotic excuse in order to file a separation of church and state lawsuit?

Because every lawsuit says that .

That is stupid shit.

Dear ColonelAngus
No, it's the PRINCIPLE of the govt endorsing a faith based tradition that others don't believe in.
If we are going to argue that govt should not be endorsing same sex marriage if not all people believe in that,
we should respect the same principle for the Atheist arguing it is being violated by govt endorsing this on public property.

That's fine, so file a lawsuit on those grounds, not that this fool suffered "irreparable harm" because he saw a cross where it legally perhaps should not be.

That is stupid shit.

We're dealing with many of the same people who believe that penis on penis sex and marriage make sense....They believe men in dresses should use the same restrooms as our teenage daughters yet they're offended by an iconic American symbol...A CROSS..haha.
You just can't reason with these unreasonable loons.

That is stupid shit.

We're dealing with many of the same people who believe that penis on penis sex and marriage make sense....They believe men in dresses should use the same restrooms as our teenage daughters yet they're offended by an iconic American symbol...A CROSS..haha.

Would you suffer irreparable harm if a tranny uses the woman's room? Why does it upset you so much ?

That is stupid shit.
Oh I think his excuse is ignorant as hell. But he has a legit case because this goes against the establishment clause.

That is stupid shit.

Would you suffer irreparable harm if a tranny uses the woman's room? Why does it upset you so much ?

A better question is why it doesn't offend you?

Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas. We celebrate it and we aren't christians. Put a star or bow on top like EVERYONE else does and always has. My parents were christians but never put a cross up on christmas tree or for our decorations lol. Its just a goofy display. I wish people could fix things without involving the UnAmerican ACLU though

Why not call a truce Odium

If liberals and LGBT agree to let others have their Christmas expressions and practices,
then they can have their gay parades and marriages!

If you are going to argue that one isn't imposing or forcing anyone,
the same can be argued for the other.

Why not insist that people treat BELIEFS and Expressions equally.
Either include them and stop harassment and lawsuits to remove them,
or REMOVE THEM ALL and quit fighting over either one!

Treat ALL faith based beliefs equally whether religious political or secular.
And quit targeting one or the other, while demanding tolerance and inclusion.
I am better off not allowing ANY of it....I like that better lol.

That is stupid shit.

Churches are not government funded are they? Nope. A christmas tree set up by the CITY they all pay taxes to IS government funded.

That is stupid shit.

A better question is why it doesn't offend you?

Because most people wouldn't even care or notice . Unlike if you forced them into the men's room. Then everyone notices and it becOmes an issue .

Forum List

Back