ACLU sues Indiana town over Christmas display cross

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012

Gotta love the bolded part, LOL:

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins objects to the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says Tompkins has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins objects to the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says Tompkins has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”
Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas. We celebrate it and we aren't christians. Put a star or bow on top like EVERYONE else does and always has. My parents were christians but never put a cross up on christmas tree or for our decorations lol. Its just a goofy display. I wish people could fix things without involving the UnAmerican ACLU though

Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas. We celebrate it and we aren't christians. Put a star or bow on top like EVERYONE else does and always has. My parents were christians but never put a cross up on christmas tree or for our decorations lol. Its just a goofy display. I wish people could fix things without involving the UnAmerican ACLU though

Then there wouldn't be a Christmas.

Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas.

Oy...

The Indianapolis Star reported Friday that Joseph Tompkins wants the town to remove the cross and pay him monetary damages.

Me thinks the monetary damages is the driving force....freaking cupcake

Nonsense. If anyone should be up in arms over their holidays being taken over it should be pagans which is where almost EVERY christian holiday has come from...just change a name and a few other things but keep it for the most part intact.

Oy...

VEY! :)

Nonsense. If anyone should be up in arms over their holidays being taken over it should be pagans which is where almost EVERY christian holiday has come from...just change a name and a few other things but keep it for the most part intact.

Oy...

Methinks those nutcases need their oil checked, Fukum all.

The Indianapolis Star reported Friday that Joseph Tompkins wants the town to remove the cross and pay him monetary damages.

Me thinks the monetary damages is the driving force....freaking cupcake
Oh I agree the guy is an idiot and should be able to simply ask the city manager to remove the cross and add an angel or bow or star like ours has....its idiotic. If I saw that cross I would roll my eyes comment on how goofy looking it is and get on with my life.

Oy...

It's the day we celebrate Christ's birthday and has been for centuries.

Damn atheist snowflakes all the sudden are being "harmed" over a freaking cross and looking for damages. It's insanity

If you let the sight of a cross cause you irreparable harm you have some major issues in your pathetic life

Oy...

It's the day we celebrate Christ's birthday and has been for centuries.

Damn atheist snowflakes all the sudden are being "harmed" over a freaking cross and looking for damages. It's insanity
Uh no. I have never "celebrated "christs" birthday" on christmas. I give my wife a present she gives me one and we watch the kids open theirs. Then we eat a nice meal and might go to my parents house. Like I said its not ALL ABOUT religion and MILLIONS of people don't use it for that. That's why there are churches.

What muslims are having government pay for their displays?

Oy...

Jesus is the reason for the season.
Do you want to take the word Christ out of Christmas?
How about mas?
Both Christan words.
Everyone has the right to celabrate this holliday how they wish or don't wish, they dont have the right to take out the meaning & reason for it, just because of feelings. That's whitewashing.
The midnight mass of worshiping the saviors birth.
Thus the words Christ ......mass.

Forum List

Back