ACLU sues Indiana town over Christmas display cross

Gotta love the bolded part, LOL:

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins objects to the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says Tompkins has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”
Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas. We celebrate it and we aren't christians. Put a star or bow on top like EVERYONE else does and always has. My parents were christians but never put a cross up on christmas tree or for our decorations lol. Its just a goofy display. I wish people could fix things without involving the UnAmerican ACLU though

Then there wouldn't be a Christmas.
Nonsense. If anyone should be up in arms over their holidays being taken over it should be pagans which is where almost EVERY christian holiday has come from...just change a name and a few other things but keep it for the most part intact.

The ACLU says in the lawsuit that Joseph Tompkins objects to the cross because it violates the separation of church and state.

The lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, says Tompkins has been “forced to come into unwelcome contact” with the display, causing him “irreparable harm.”
Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas.

Oy...

VEY! :)

Jesus is the reason for the season.
Do you want take the word Christ out of Christmas?
How about mas?
Both Christan words.
Everyone has the right to celabrate this holliday how they wish or don't wish, they dont have the right to take out the meaning & reason for it, just because of feelings. That's whitewashing.
The midnight mass of worshiping the saviors birth.
Thus the words Christ ......mass.
The season's been around a lot longer than the so-called christian era.

The ACLU is a joke. It cherry picks which civil liberties it's willing to defend. Instead of taking on awful Government over-reaches like the NDAA, Patriot Act and massive domestic spying, it spends its resources on trivial nonsense like this. It's a petty cowardly organization at this point.

The ACLU is a joke. It cherry picks which civil liberties it's willing to defend. Instead of taking on awful Government over-reaches like the NDAA, Patriot Act and massive domestic spying, it spends its resources on trivial nonsense like this. It's a petty cowardly organization at this point.
So...it shouldn't be defending our civil rights?

ACLU lawyers are lawyers that can't make it in the real legal world...their salaries prove it

Seeing a frigging Christmas tree is as hurtful as having to sit in back of the bus? I don't think so.

Spend the resources on things that matter. The Police Sate is rapidly expanding, yet they're focusing on trivial nonsense like this. Let the people have their crosses. It's not a big deal. Focus the resources on real assaults on our civil liberties. I think they're just too cowardly to do that at this point. Hence all the trivial B.S.

Why the need to push a religion on people? Its christmas. We celebrate it and we aren't christians. Put a star or bow on top like EVERYONE else does and always has. My parents were christians but never put a cross up on christmas tree or for our decorations lol. Its just a goofy display. I wish people could fix things without involving the UnAmerican ACLU though

Nonsense. If anyone should be up in arms over their holidays being taken over it should be pagans which is where almost EVERY christian holiday has come from...just change a name and a few other things but keep it for the most part intact.

Oy...

Do you want take the word Christ out of Christmas?
How about mas?
Both Christan words.
Everyone has the right to celabrate this holliday how they wish or don't wish, they dont have the right to take out the meaning & reason for it, just because of feelings. That's whitewashing.
The season's been around a lot longer than the so-called christian era.

Yes but its no longer called by the pagan holliday.
It's dirty & hated words now to" save souls".

If you let the sight of a cross cause you irreparable harm you have some major issues in your pathetic life
Its just goofy and doesn't belong on a christmas tree. Buy one or make one and hang it on your personal property. Not property EVERY city resident pays for.

So says you...now fug off, I'm weary of your nonsense
So says the Constitution...jeez. Don't get all triggered and shit now.

Oy...

Do you want to take the word Christ out of Christmas?
How about mas?
Both Christan words.

I call it Yule. Always have. I don't care why RELIGIOUS people celebrate it. I celebrate it because its tradition and in my 32 years not ONCE have I gone to church on Christmas or Christmas eve. We got toys as kids and now we give our kids toys and give each other a gift. SOMETIMES we donate our time to a shelter etc. xtians need to stop playing the victim card when they took the damn holiday and its ideas etc from PAGANS!

What muslims are having government pay for their displays?

Where are the atheists and ACLU on the Michigan public school board allowing muslims to pray during school?

A town of 2000 being subjected to an exaggerating guy looking to benefit by monetary gains due to "harm".

I'm glad less sensitive men were the ones fighting the Germans instead of men like him, or we might all be speaking German today...

If you let the sight of a cross cause you irreparable harm you have some major issues in your pathetic life
Its just goofy and doesn't belong on a christmas tree. Buy one or make one and hang it on your personal property. Not property EVERY city resident pays for.

Oy...

How about mas?
Both Christan words.

I call it Yule. Always have. I don't care why RELIGIOUS people celebrate it. I celebrate it because its tradition and in my 32 years not ONCE have I gone to church on Christmas or Christmas eve. We got toys as kids and now we give our kids toys and give each other a gift. SOMETIMES we donate our time to a shelter etc. xtians need to stop playing the victim card when they took the damn holiday and its ideas etc from PAGANS!

Don't care...the sooner you realize the less you'll have to type trying to justify yourself

ACLU lawyers are lawyers that can't make it in the real legal world...their salaries prove it

I think its done some good in the past. But these days, it's a petty cowardly organization. It's sat back and done nothing as the Police State rapidly expands. Let the people have their crosses. This stuff is so petty. There are much much bigger fish to fry. The ACLU needs a major overhaul. Its top brass needs to be sacked.

I think its done some good in the past. But these days, it's a petty cowardly organization. It's sat back and done nothing as the Police State rapidly expands. Let the people have their crosses. This stuff is so petty. There are much much bigger fish to fry. The ACLU needs a major overhaul. Its top brass needs to be sacked.

I have no use for the ACLU....none

Oy...

How about mas?
Both Christan words.

The Constitution does not say seperation of Church and State.

They just need to go to their safe spaces and commit suicide, fuck those assholes.

Oy...

How about mas?
Both Christan words.

Don't care...the sooner you realize the less you'll have to type trying to justify yourself
I am not the one whining I can't force my religion on others. :) You are.

I just love how the 2% tries to tell the other 98% how to live.....this is the stuff that got Trump elected

Oy...

How about mas?
Both Christan words.

The Constitution does not say seperation of Church and State.
Establishment Clause - Wikipedia

Do I need to make it any more clear?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

Hence do it on your OWN property. Not property EVERYONE has to pay taxes for.

Forum List

Back