A second Trump "broken promise"....Cheer on R-W'ers....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Trump promised to instruct Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator and to apply tariffs.

“I’m going to instruct my Treasury Secretary to label China, and I like China, they’re my tenant, they buy condos all the time, they’re just fine, but you know what, they’re a currency manipulator and we’re going to apply tariffs to any country that devalues its currency to gain an unfair advantage over the United States.” [Economic Club of New York, 9/15/16]

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said that “we’re not making any judgments” at this time when asked about labeling China a currency manipulator. Trump announced he would not follow through after all.

Meanwhile trade negotiations with China failed while the remaining countries who were going to be part of TPP will move forward with the TPP.

Screw TPP and it's supporters! He promised to kill it and did! Promise kept!
For the U.S. at least. The rest of the countries involved may go forward with us cut out.
So what?
Higher prices, weakened global influence, and less revenue for our industries. But whatevs :dunno:
More Americans will buy more Americans products.
More company's will hire more American workers.
Unemployment will go down.
Wages will increase because of the need for workers.

For the U.S. at least. The rest of the countries involved may go forward with us cut out.
So what?
Higher prices, weakened global influence, and less revenue for our industries. But whatevs :dunno:
Suppressing free trade and the free market never goes well

Trump promised to instruct Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator and to apply tariffs.

“I’m going to instruct my Treasury Secretary to label China, and I like China, they’re my tenant, they buy condos all the time, they’re just fine, but you know what, they’re a currency manipulator and we’re going to apply tariffs to any country that devalues its currency to gain an unfair advantage over the United States.” [Economic Club of New York, 9/15/16]

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said that “we’re not making any judgments” at this time when asked about labeling China a currency manipulator. Trump announced he would not follow through after all.

You should rejoice in your POTUS. He has your best interest at heart

-Geaux

So what?
It's not surpressing trade.

So what?
It's not surpressing trade.
That was a main part of Trump's platform. Note that the heaviest opposition to the TPP was from Democrats. You and Trump are promoting anti-free trade, Democrat practices.

Well good for them............suddenly the libs like Free Trade Agreemnets that will screw U.S. workers...............LOL

Even their own Union Members jumped ship to Trump over this one issue alone.

And they wonder why they lost traditional blue states last election...

Oh............I know........it's a fairy tale called RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

Well good for them............suddenly the libs like Free Trade Agreemnets that will screw U.S. workers...............LOL

Look at you supporting Democrat trade policy.

You should rejoice in your POTUS. He has your best interest at heart

I'm still waiting for Trump invitation to join him in one of his 43 days of golfing outings.....that is, if he has my "best interest at heart"

He told Larry King in an interview: “Most of the people I know that are successful really don’t take vacations. Their business is their vacation. I rarely leave. You know that."

Donald Trump is going on a 17-day vacation. .
4256.jpg

lol

I've been against Free Trade since NAFTA........said it would kill jobs here.........Your daddy Bill signed NAFTA and it's been sooooooo good for us.................as we continue to have massive trade imbalances with the world.

Got news for you ...............protectionism worked well in this country for a very long time............until someone said it was broken..........and since then we've been getting our asses kicked on jobs here in America.

You do care about the Middle Class don't you.................well do you...............as they get screwed losing our jobs to foreign shitholes who have slave wage labor............

Let's just screw the rest of America over while your at it.

Take it up with Trump.......(wasn't the promise that he would fix all of that since he is the greatest businessman who ever walked (well, waddled) the planet ???)

lol

I've been against Free Trade since NAFTA........said it would kill jobs here.........Your daddy Bill signed NAFTA and it's been sooooooo good for us.................as we continue to have massive trade imbalances with the world.

Got news for you ...............protectionism worked well in this country for a very long time............until someone said it was broken..........and since then we've been getting our asses kicked on jobs here in America.

You do care about the Middle Class don't you.................well do you...............as they get screwed losing our jobs to foreign shitholes who have slave wage labor............

We're the richest and most powerful nation in the world, leading in science and tech, everyone has a smart phone in their pocket, and our people have the most opportunity of everyone in the world. Your efforts at keeping Americans low-skilled with low wages is disappointing.

Democrats acting like they actually care about campaign promises.

Rather than deflecting, here's the simple question (a yes or no will do)

Did Trump promise what is stated in the O/P and has that promise been fulfilled???

Forum List

Back