A “New” Quran in English?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Is this an attempt to make people believe that the original Arabic version is perhaps “too harsh and, for that reason, misunderstood?

Is the book a genuine attempt to counter the jihadists’ interpretation of Islam? Or is it a cynical exercise designed to deceive Western non-Muslims, keeping them ignorant and complacent about the nature and magnitude of the jihad threat?

This article is most informative and sheds a lot of light on efforts to “moderate” the teachings of Islam. Will it make a difference? I doubt it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some cleric somewhere declares it a work of evil and demands Muslims go after the author or the company producing it.

Read more @ New English Quran Praised by CNN Says Book Often Means Opposite of What It Says

I am shocked at the people who have not read the OT, and those that do and have, make all kinds of excuses for it and its violence.

There are dozens of Quran's in the english language already. The religion section of Barnes&Noble displays several. So this is nothing new.

But the Quran in english, or any other language besides Arabic, will always be a translation. And translations will never read the same as something written in its original language.

That is why every mosque I have ever visited has a weekly learn to read the Quran in arabic class. So that the muslim members will know first hand what their Holy Book says. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Muslims are fond of telling me that you cannot know what is in the Quran unless you read it in Arabic.
But I tell them I have access to ten English translations, and by comparing them I can have very good idea what the original Arabic says. So I do not take any one version as strictly accurate. I have three written book versions of the Quran: The Pickthall version, the Yusuf Ali with commentaries, and the Koran by Darwood. The rest of the translations are online on the internet. The one that is highly regarded by Muslims is called ' the Maariful Quran ,but it is so full of commentaries that it is difficult to read.
There was an attempt to update the Quran by Rashad Khalifa, but they called him a blasphemer and killed him.

Last edited:
Muslims are fond of telling me that you cannot know what is in the Quran unless you read it in Arabic.
But I tell them I have access to ten English translations, and by comparing them I can have very good idea what the original Arabic says. So I do not take any one version as strictly accurate. I have three written book versions of the Quran: The Pickthall version, the Yusuf Ali with commentaries, and the Koran by Darwood. The rest of the translations are online on the internet. The one that is highly regarded by Muslims is called ' the Maariful Quran ,but it is so full of commentaries that it is difficult to read.
There was an attempt to update the Quran by Rashad Khalifa, but they called him a blasphemer and killed him.

you have TEN? sheeesh I only have three-----probably because I would not
consider spending a nickel to get them ---------oh lookie----you have the same ones
I have Pickthal, Yusuf Ali and Dawood (not darwood-- Dawood is the Arabic
version of David

I am shocked at the people who have not read the OT, and those that do and have, make all kinds of excuses for it and its violence.

you have already admitted that you never read the OT, Penelope----and your posts about the subject are excellent evidence that you have not. What you have done is quoted silly propaganda written by your fellow islamo Nazi dogs ABOUT the OT

Forum List

Back