The Muslim Threat

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Just saw a couple of pieces this morning on the subject. First comes this about our Fearless Leader, Hussein Obama:

“I've confronted the evolving threat of terror each morning ...”

Yeah? When he's only attended 42.1% of the Daily Intelligence Briefings? And an ex-DIA chief says he ignored the reports and his staff altered them.

This from Obama: I’ve Confronted “Evolving Threat” Of Terror “Each Morning” “For 7 Years” In Intel Briefings. But He Missed More Than Half, Ignored Those He Heard And Regime Cooked Reports | Weasel Zippers

And then we have this:

Former FBI Counterterrorism Agent: We’ve Received Virtually Zero Help From U.S. Muslim Community @ Former FBI Counterterrorism Agent: We’ve Received Virtually Zero Help From U.S. Muslim Community | Weasel Zippers

So, where are all those “moderate” Muslims who love this country so much they are willing to stand up to protect it?

It is very dangerous to single out a group of people and demonise them and scapegoat them...This is from my peoples past experience....I will not say that I have an answer to this delimna but I do know that surely a solution could be found fanatism in any form is dangerous . Israel has a sizeable muslim minority that so far for the most part coexists peacably with the jewish majority..... I just find that victims of terrorism are few(usually) and that it gets everyone worked up..(that is why it is so effective ) Anything that works on emotions like fear is an effective tool...It should be noted that at one time Islam was a beacon of tolerance and enlightenment while today it is not so much but the pendulum swings both ways and it wasnt so long ago that the nations of Europe were brutal and living in the dark ages..Times could change and Europe could become intolerant again and Islam tolerant time will tell.....

OP wrote: Israel has a sizeable muslim minority that so far for the most part coexists peacably with the jewish majority

Some would beg to disagree and point out that today's minority can become tomorrow' rulers. Iraq is a case in point, Pre-WWII Germany another.

OP also wrote: It should be noted that at one time Islam was a beacon of tolerance and enlightenment while today it is not so much but the pendulum swings both ways and it wasnt so long ago that the nations of Europe were brutal and living in the dark ages.

The pendulum of history has once again shown that at the 1400-1600 year point of Christianity, there were the period of the Crusades where the idea was to convert or die...

... Anybody want to guess at what hundred year mark Islam is?

So, where are all those “moderate” Muslims who love this country so much they are willing to stand up to protect it?

You make it seem as if it is their duty or obligation to participate in public protests, speak out in mass media, and involve themselves with political drama.

Many of these "moderate" Muslims, as you call them, prefer to just keep to themselves in peace and tranquility and remain away from the judgemental, indoctrinated masses of mundane Americans, especially with all the discrimination against them. I totally approve of their choice not to become involved.

Forum List

Back