Zone1 A Major Difference of the Catholic Faith

No, the intent was not a call out thread. I had read your post with great interest, and it dawned on me how different approaches to scripture result in varying perspectives and therefore responses and positive reactions.

You're mistaken. I was not after a contest of any kind, but was interested in an in depth discussion more on the order of the many ways a ball can bounce depending on how and where it hits on a surface. Your changing words and the meanings of words I was using deflected and side-tracked any meaningful exchange of the main idea.

Since you have not taken my 14 responses as either enthusiasm or as a great interest in engaging someone who also responded enthusiastically to scripture, but only as insulting and throwing stones of all things, it seems a good time to now end the thread. And I'm sorry.
Not buying your good intentions when you started this thread. It didn't need to go farther than the 4th post, but you were itching for a fight and just wouldn't stop.
It's been a good time to end this thread from the beginning. I'm glad your done. Works for me.

So God knows all the times you bore false witness against your neighbor?
Was that a stone that was just thrown?

Ninja is correct. God knows every thing we do:

Psalm 102:19 The Lord Has His Eye on You

Psalm 139:2-6
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
* You know everything I do. *
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand

Last edited:
Which makes me wonder about believing that there is sin Christ fails to catch. Exactly how long it takes Christ to remove sin is revealed in the Bible. And why do all those that will be caught up in the Rapture not have to be dropped off in Purgatory first?
Here is how efficient Christ is:
It takes Christ 0 seconds to raise corruptible bodies, reunite the bodies to their respective souls, make them incorruptible, remove the sin of those who are still alive at the time of the Rapture, and make them incorruptible, and remove us to Heaven. To be exact, it will take Jesus 0.0000000001 of a second to achieve all that. That is how fast He can wipe out any residual sin hanging on.
exactly.

If God knows everything we do, and forgives our sins while we are in the act of committing them, then there is no left over sin that God didn't already forgive us for, or that requires us to get rid of on our own somehow. God already got rid of it while it was happening. If we are in Christ, there is nothing to condemn us for. We go straight up. :eusa_angel:

If God knows everything we do, and forgives our sins while we are in the act of committing them, then there is no left over sin that God didn't already forgive us for, or that requires us to get rid of on our own somehow. God already got rid of it while it was happening. If we are in Christ, there is nothing to condemn us for. We go straight up. :eusa_angel:
ive always said catholics do not understand salvation, justification and sanctification.

catholics and other religions think God needs their help, He doesnt- He never did or will. Pride was the first sin and most have that still thinking theres things they can do to earn salvation. Imagine The Father sending His only begotten Son to atone for all our sins and offer his spotless lamb as a free gift and then we say sorry Jesus your perfect finished one time forever sacrifice for my sins wasnt enough payment.... and ill help you so i can get to heaven.

Was that a stone that was just thrown?

Ninja is correct. God knows every thing we do:

Psalm 102:19 The Lord Has His Eye on You

Psalm 139:2-6
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
* You know everything I do. *
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand
If that's how you want to see it. Of course I'm wondering if that's how you saw Jesus when he said go and sin no more.

catholics and other religions think God needs their help, He doesnt- He never did or will. Pride was the first sin and most have that still thinking theres things they can do to earn salvation. Imagine The Father sending His only begotten Son to atone for all our sins and offer his spotless lamb as a free gift and then we say sorry Jesus your perfect finished one time forever sacrifice for my sins wasnt enough payment.... and ill help you so i can get to heaven.
I think it is moronic that you guys attack your brothers and sisters in Christ and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Start a new thread on it where we can discuss the different meanings and nuances in the Bible. I would very much like that. I am dying to know all about Purgatory.
and
I assumed Meri wasn't well versed in scripture. She simply ignores it. On the other hand, I am surrounded by Catholics. In laws, husband, his 9 siblings, 90% of my friends since childhood. And there isn't a bad one in the bunch. And all well versed.
I don't do dogma and my assumption is that she is better versed than me. I'm no saint.

I don't do dogma and my assumption is that she is better versed than me.
Better, no. Last night when I read the opinion I shun scripture, I felt such great compassion. For example, you have a much greater understanding of creation than I. As much and as often as I follow your posts, there are areas where I still enter into a mist or fog because I lack knowledge and understanding. The fact that you know it so well, gives you the insight to identify how much/little I do know about the intricacies of creation.

With that simple statement that I shun scripture, it finally clicked that she actually had no knowledge/understanding of the scriptures I had been referencing--knowledge/understanding I have spent decades accumulating. It should have clicked sooner she had no idea of what I was talking about--or the scriptures that had me so interested, even excited, about introducing this thread. I actually thought this thread would bring better understanding/comprehension of religious differences and how they have been reached.

While I had been laughing at what I saw as words tripping up even a simple discussion (Tower of Babel again at work), it turns out she was truly upset. Had real life not had me focusing more on other things, it may have occurred to me what I learned years ago: When a poster starts telling me how I feel, it is actually a mirror reflecting what they are feeling. She saw me as wanting to insult her and throwing rocks, so of course, she adamantly returned what she thought was happening to her. Too late I understood. The great irony is that she is left with anger I inadvertently caused, while I'm feeling compassion. Doesn't seem fair.

Does the Bible also not tell you, "I never knew you." And that God invites who he wants to the wedding feast?
What the Bible tells us is the awesome immensity of God's great plan of redemption and salvation of this, his world: That great objective/intention to reach all who want to be a part of that ambition.

Christ was referring to men who didn't follow Him but watched His methods and copied them. They were considered disciples by the people, but were not.

God invites us all, it's up to us to RSVP.
Lot's of passages in the Bible about lip service. But if you want to believe you know the fate of people, more power to you.

Better, no. Last night when I read the opinion I shun scripture, I felt such great compassion. For example, you have a much greater understanding of creation than I. As much and as often as I follow your posts, there are areas where I still enter into a mist or fog because I lack knowledge and understanding. The fact that you know it so well, gives you the insight to identify how much/little I do know about the intricacies of creation.

With that simple statement that I shun scripture, it finally clicked that she actually had no knowledge/understanding of the scriptures I had been referencing--knowledge/understanding I have spent decades accumulating. It should have clicked sooner she had no idea of what I was talking about--or the scriptures that had me so interested, even excited, about introducing this thread. I actually thought this thread would bring better understanding/comprehension of religious differences and how they have been reached.

While I had been laughing at what I saw as words tripping up even a simple discussion (Tower of Babel again at work), it turns out she was truly upset. Had real life not had me focusing more on other things, it may have occurred to me what I learned years ago: When a poster starts telling me how I feel, it is actually a mirror reflecting what they are feeling. She saw me as wanting to insult her and throwing rocks, so of course, she adamantly returned what she thought was happening to her. Too late I understood. The great irony is that she is left with anger I inadvertently caused, while I'm feeling compassion. Doesn't seem fair.
lol. "She" is right here, and not the least bit upset. I enjoy discussions on scripture, but sadly, you never refer to any. Scripture that doesn't confirm your opinions irritates you. That is understandable, but it is not scripture's fault that it makes you desperate, and makes you lash out. It is your inability to refute scripture that caused you to start this thread about me. That was a mistake on your part. And you have been back peddling ever since.
There is no compassion in your op, but you will find compassion in my response. Refer to post #4. And what do you do? You immediately insult scripture again as being a cop out.

You aren't fooling anybody. You are hanging on trying to save face. Let it go, dear. You are beating your own dead horse. And look out, here comes more scripture:

Romans 12:18

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

^Honor God, and put this pejorative thread of yours to bed.

Lot's of passages in the Bible about lip service. But if you want to believe you know the fate of people, more power to you
How can you not know that fate of people that follow Christ? Christ tells us our fate:
Romans 10:9
if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. < our fate.

If that's how you want to see it. Of course I'm wondering if that's how you saw Jesus when he said go and sin no more.
Wonder no more ding. Why would Jesus condemn the woman when he was about to die for her sins? Jesus outsmarted the Pharisees, forgave the woman and told her to sin no more. Did she? We don't know. Probably. As for Jesus' handling of the situation, top notch.

How can you not know that fate of people that follow Christ?
Because at any point in your life, there are three possible states; you can be moving towards God, you can be moving away from God or you can be static in your walk.

If you want to believe it's as simple as "confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead," then believe that.

I on the other hand will proceed with an abundance of caution to avoid paying lip service to God.

Wonder no more ding. Why would Jesus condemn the woman when he was about to die for her sins? Jesus outsmarted the Pharisees, forgave the woman and told her to sin no more. Did she? We don't know. Probably. As for Jesus' handling of the situation, top notch.
My point was that Jesus didn't say if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

He said, go and sin no more. Implying that actions speak louder than words.

I think it is moronic that you guys attack your brothers and sisters in Christ and should be ashamed of yourselves.
No, no. We finally started to respond to the attacks levied against us, by 3 Catholics here. You just jumped in at the end of the skirmish. We got tired of thread after thread about the "Catholic hating Protestants", and how ignorant of the Bible we are. I doubt you could have missed them. I don't recall you stepping in to admonish the moronic assaults directed at us.
Those threads were coming in rapid fire with no intention of stopping. And civil answers got us nowhere. We came to the point where we had been patient enough. We started giving as good as we were getting. Two have stopped.

Forum List

Back