A Look at the Senate Democrats' JOBS & INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN FOR AMERICA’S WORKERS

We know right wing, Right to Work States will never solve the homeless problem, even with alleged, right to work in those States.

Left wing, new cities can solve our problems!

So left wing cities have solved the homeless problem? Really, Daniel? You get more absurd with each passing post!
Have Right wing cities solved the homeless problem?! Please send a few examples so we can take a look at the model that works!

Let's look at States...

"States with high and low homeless rates are all over the country. The highest rates of homelessness among states are in Hawaii (465 per 100,000), followed by New York (399) and California (367).

The lowest homeless counts per capita come in Mississippi (81 per 100,000), Indiana (94) and Kansas (94)."

Which states have the highest levels of homelessness?

Gee, guess which States are dominated by liberals, Slade?

Last edited:
Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and we could have built several new cities by now, instead.

we can still have, high hopes and pipe dreams, on the left wing. :bye1:

Dude, we don't care if you smoke weed in your parent's basement.
Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and we could have built several new cities by now, instead.

Dude, smoke up!
i already have, and still have high hopes and pipe dreams, unlike the right wing. all they have is bah, hum bug, and nothing but repeal.

That's probably why you don't understand supply/demand graphs.
anything less than fifteen an hour is subsidized anyway. might as well simply pay Labor fourteen dollars an hour, simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

the left has solutions, not excuses.

We know right wing, Right to Work States will never solve the homeless problem, even with alleged, right to work in those States.

So left wing cities have solved the homeless problem? Really, Daniel? You get more absurd with each passing post!
Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and could have built several cities by now.
The "War on Drugs" is a right wing thing? Someone must not have told Bill Clinton that, Daniel because he signed legislation that put more blacks in prison on drug charges than any President in US history! Anything else you want to prove your ignorance on?
that was then, this is now.

there is no drug war clause in the Republican Doctrine.

Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and could have built several cities by now.
The "War on Drugs" is a right wing thing? Someone must not have told Bill Clinton that, Daniel because he signed legislation that put more blacks in prison on drug charges than any President in US history! Anything else you want to prove your ignorance on?

So you accuse the GOP of waging the "War on Drugs" but when it's pointed out to you that it was a Democratic President who signed into law legislation that put more people into prison on drug charges than any other President in the history of our nation...your reply was a pathetic "that was then, this is now"?

You don't really know much about anything really...do you, Daniel? You spout off with "bumper sticker" accusations and solutions...which you never seem to be able to back up with anything. We've already got R-Derp here as the board's village idiot! We really don't need another...

So you accuse the GOP of waging the "War on Drugs" but when it's pointed out to you that it was a Democratic President who signed into law legislation that put more people into prison on drug charges than any other President in the history of our nation...your reply was a pathetic "that was then, this is now"?

You don't really know much about anything really...do you, Daniel? You spout off with "bumper sticker" accusations and solutions...which you never seem to be able to back up with anything. We've already got R-Derp here as the board's village idiot! We really don't need another...
That is your claim. Nixon gave us a War on Drugs instead of a "Mission to Mars".

That is your claim. Nixon gave us a War on Drugs instead of a "Mission to Mars".

Once again you're showing a lack of knowledge, Daniel! Yes, Nixon declared that drugs were "public enemy #1" but that was in response to a massive problem of about 10 to 15% of the GI's returning from Vietnam with heroin addictions. If Nixon had declared a war on drugs as you seem to think...kindly explain why his administration got rid of mandatory sentences for pot possession? The truth is...Nixon's policies on drugs were pretty much a continuation of LBJ's. The Presidents who followed Nixon also carried on the same policies regarding drug use.
Your claim that the GOP has pushed a "War on Drugs" and that the Democrats have not...is simply ignorance on your part.

Once again you're showing a lack of knowledge, Daniel! Yes, Nixon declared that drugs were "public enemy #1" but that was in response to a massive problem of about 10 to 15% of the GI's returning from Vietnam with heroin addictions. If Nixon had declared a war on drugs as you seem to think...kindly explain why his administration got rid of mandatory sentences for pot possession? The truth is...Nixon's policies on drugs were pretty much a continuation of LBJ's. The Presidents who followed Nixon also carried on the same policies regarding drug use.
Your claim that the GOP has pushed a "War on Drugs" and that the Democrats have not...is simply ignorance on your part.
Why did they go over there and get addicted, if the Cause was so Just?

They got addicted because drugs were cheap, readily available in Vietnam and the war (as most wars!) was a combination of mind numbing boredom combined with constant fear of sudden attacks...the kind of situation that someone might want to escape from by getting high. The "Cause" had nothing to do with it!

Dude, we don't care if you smoke weed in your parent's basement.

Dude, smoke up!
i already have, and still have high hopes and pipe dreams, unlike the right wing. all they have is bah, hum bug, and nothing but repeal.

anything less than fifteen an hour is subsidized anyway. might as well simply pay Labor fourteen dollars an hour, simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

anything less than fifteen an hour is subsidized anyway.

No it isn't.

might as well simply pay Labor fourteen dollars an hour,

No thanks.

simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

Simply being unemployed isn't sufficient to qualify for benefits.

I agree.

I've never used my benefits. I've paid for them my whole working life.

Under the ACA my costs went up by 60% while my tax money went to take care of idiots who couldn't or wouldn't take care of themselves.

Our country is loaded with freeloaders and we will be suffering with them as long as idiots run this country.
Did your healthcare costs go up during the 10 years before the ACA? If so by how much?

Sure they went up at a very miniscule amount. In fact most of the time the costs stayed the same. When I first started working my benefits cost all of 4.50 cents a week.

The ACA put a strain on everyone who has benefits that they pay for. As I said. Mine went up by 60% and I'm not the only one.
Have you gone back and looked? What did you pay in 2000? What did you pay in 2008?

Looking at historical charts of premium growth rates Obamacare didn’t have this crazy acceleration that conservatives say it did. There was a spike in 2011 but then a big drop in the growth rate that fell below what the growth rate was in the early 2000s.

I do agree that the plan was marketed by obama to save much more then it actually does. I think they were projecting to get many more people on the exchanges.

Bullshit pal. I checked with our HR department when my payments went up by 60%. According to HR it was all because of the ACA.

The ONLY people who made out under that POS were the people the rest of us were paying for.
What were your payments in 2000? What were they in 2008?

Way lower than they are now and I sure ain't looking it up. It is what it is.

My payments went up by 60% because of that POS the ACA.

They got addicted because drugs were cheap, readily available in Vietnam and the war (as most wars!) was a combination of mind numbing boredom combined with constant fear of sudden attacks...the kind of situation that someone might want to escape from by getting high. The "Cause" had nothing to do with it!
did they insist on wartime tax rates and to, "draft gun lovers first"?

Dude, smoke up!

anything less than fifteen an hour is subsidized anyway.

No it isn't.

might as well simply pay Labor fourteen dollars an hour,

No thanks.

simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

Simply being unemployed isn't sufficient to qualify for benefits.
Only for the right wing, Because, y'all have nothing but repeal instead of actual and real solutions.

Did your healthcare costs go up during the 10 years before the ACA? If so by how much?

Sure they went up at a very miniscule amount. In fact most of the time the costs stayed the same. When I first started working my benefits cost all of 4.50 cents a week.

The ACA put a strain on everyone who has benefits that they pay for. As I said. Mine went up by 60% and I'm not the only one.
Have you gone back and looked? What did you pay in 2000? What did you pay in 2008?

Looking at historical charts of premium growth rates Obamacare didn’t have this crazy acceleration that conservatives say it did. There was a spike in 2011 but then a big drop in the growth rate that fell below what the growth rate was in the early 2000s.

I do agree that the plan was marketed by obama to save much more then it actually does. I think they were projecting to get many more people on the exchanges.

Bullshit pal. I checked with our HR department when my payments went up by 60%. According to HR it was all because of the ACA.

The ONLY people who made out under that POS were the people the rest of us were paying for.

You won’t look it up? Sounds like an extremely lazy arguement you are making. How about historical charts of premium increases... Are you interested in spending your precious time looking at those and seeing the actual effects of the ACA in context to the historical trends?

It did raise premiums, I’m not arguing that point. But it should be understood in context to how they had been rising in the past or else we aren’t presenting all the facts.

Have Right wing cities solved the homeless problem?! Please send a few examples so we can take a look at the model that works!

Let's look at States...

"States with high and low homeless rates are all over the country. The highest rates of homelessness among states are in Hawaii (465 per 100,000), followed by New York (399) and California (367).

The lowest homeless counts per capita come in Mississippi (81 per 100,000), Indiana (94) and Kansas (94)."

Well I don’t think it’s a shock that California and Hawaii have the highest homeless populations. If you were homeless where would you go? I know I’d go to either California or Hawaii and live on a beach. Plus homeless populations are always centered in dense populations and cities. Philly has a extremely high homeless population and so does Austin and Miami, it’s not really a mystery why and it’s not because of liberals or conservatives. Most homeless people are suffering from mental illness or have substance abuse problems

Some other interesting facts, Hawaii has the lowest unemployment rate in the USA. Alaska has the highest. California has the largest GDP by far in the USA. New York is number 3. What exactly are people doing in Kansas, Nebraska, and Indiana?

Let's look at States...

Well I don’t think it’s a shock that California and Hawaii have the highest homeless populations. If you were homeless where would you go? I know I’d go to either California or Hawaii and live on a beach. Plus homeless populations are always centered in dense populations and cities. Philly has a extremely high homeless population and so does Austin and Miami, it’s not really a mystery why and it’s not because of liberals or conservatives. Most homeless people are suffering from mental illness or have substance abuse problems

Some other interesting facts, Hawaii has the lowest unemployment rate in the USA. Alaska has the highest. California has the largest GDP by far in the USA. New York is number 3. What exactly are people doing in Kansas, Nebraska, and Indiana?

Gee, Slade...what do most of the "dense populations and cities" in America share in common?

2016 US Presidential Election Map By County & Vote Share

I'll give you a hint...they don't vote Republican!

Let's look at States...

What are people doing in Kansas, Nebraska and Indiana? Ah...getting up in the morning and going to work? What do YOU think they're doing?

Let's look at States...

What are people doing in Kansas, Nebraska and Indiana? Ah...getting up in the morning and going to work? What do YOU think they're doing?
That would be Hawaii... remember lowest unemployment rate in the US

Let's look at States...

Gee, Slade...what do most of the "dense populations and cities" in America share in common?

This is true... cities tend to be much more progressive and diverse than the country and suburbs

You won’t look it up? Sounds like an extremely lazy arguement you are making. How about historical charts of premium increases... Are you interested in spending your precious time looking at those and seeing the actual effects of the ACA in context to the historical trends?

It did raise premiums, I’m not arguing that point. But it should be understood in context to how they had been rising in the past or else we aren’t presenting all the facts.

Well I'm sure no ones went up 60% before the ACA came into being.

If you think that benefit costs went up that much then I think you're crazy.

Let's look at States...

This is true... cities tend to be much more progressive and diverse than the country and suburbs

Was that another way of admitting that cities tend to be Democratic and have WAY more homelessness than rural areas? So which came first...the chicken or the egg?

Forum List

Back