A Look at the Senate Democrats' JOBS & INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN FOR AMERICA’S WORKERS

Yup. Derpity derp.
higher paid labor spends more and pays more in taxes and infrastructure costs.

Yes, you've made clear your ignorance of economics.
what ignorance? a positive multiplier effect is what i am referring to, right winger.

UBUfx.jpg

What happens to demand when the price of labor increases?
we are talking command economics to "move the goal posts". The minimum wage is still, the minimum wage.

Never took an econ class?
Don't understand a supply/demand graph?

Yes, it's amazing that liberals won't consider the undeniable evidence that every time we raise the minimum wage we lose minimum-wage jobs. I saw this firsthand as a teen when I worked at a car wash. Even Warren Buffet has said that raising the minimum wage costs jobs and that the Earned Income Tax Credit is a much better way to help low-income workers. But, as with so many other issues, liberals can't look beyond the surface of this issue. All they see is more pay for minimum-wage workers without considering the cost and any alternatives.
we don't care if we lose low wage jobs. How many times do you need to be told?

we don't care if we lose low wage jobs.

Screw the poor workers, eh comrade?
A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, can make it up to them.

Yes, poor unemployed workers will enjoy the $15 an hour they can't earn.
they should have recourse to unemployment compensation at fourteen dollars an hour, as an opportunity cost to means tested welfare as a social safety net.

We need to pay unemployment to the people you threw out of work with your stupid idea? DERP!

We know right wing, Right to Work States will never solve the homeless problem, even with alleged, right to work in those States.

Left wing, new cities can solve our problems!

So left wing cities have solved the homeless problem? Really, Daniel? You get more absurd with each passing post!

We know right wing, Right to Work States will never solve the homeless problem, even with alleged, right to work in those States.

So left wing cities have solved the homeless problem? Really, Daniel? You get more absurd with each passing post!
Have Right wing cities solved the homeless problem?! Please send a few examples so we can take a look at the model that works!

I have no problem with treating the sick. What I have a problem with is setting up a system where someone can totally fail to take care of themselves for decades...smoking...eating a terrible diet...never working out...and then when their health fails "society" for some reason needs to step in and SAVE them! Explain to me why my healthcare should be through the roof to pay for treatment for THOSE idiots when I've done none of those bad things and my health is good?
Because of this reason.
you're paying for profits, not healthcare.
That’s an interesting perspective. Let’s try looking at it this way... people get sick, they suffer and they die... it doesn’t matter if they are rich or poor, insured or not, they need treatment. We are the richest nation on earth so you tell me what do we do... do we treat the sick and suffering or not... if we do how do we pay for it?

I have no problem with treating the sick. What I have a problem with is setting up a system where someone can totally fail to take care of themselves for decades...smoking...eating a terrible diet...never working out...and then when their health fails "society" for some reason needs to step in and SAVE them! Explain to me why my healthcare should be through the roof to pay for treatment for THOSE idiots when I've done none of those bad things and my health is good?

I agree.

I've never used my benefits. I've paid for them my whole working life.

Under the ACA my costs went up by 60% while my tax money went to take care of idiots who couldn't or wouldn't take care of themselves.

Our country is loaded with freeloaders and we will be suffering with them as long as idiots run this country.
Did your healthcare costs go up during the 10 years before the ACA? If so by how much?

Sure they went up at a very miniscule amount. In fact most of the time the costs stayed the same. When I first started working my benefits cost all of 4.50 cents a week.

The ACA put a strain on everyone who has benefits that they pay for. As I said. Mine went up by 60% and I'm not the only one.
Have you gone back and looked? What did you pay in 2000? What did you pay in 2008?

Looking at historical charts of premium growth rates Obamacare didn’t have this crazy acceleration that conservatives say it did. There was a spike in 2011 but then a big drop in the growth rate that fell below what the growth rate was in the early 2000s.

I do agree that the plan was marketed by obama to save much more then it actually does. I think they were projecting to get many more people on the exchanges.

Bullshit pal. I checked with our HR department when my payments went up by 60%. According to HR it was all because of the ACA.

The ONLY people who made out under that POS were the people the rest of us were paying for.

Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Yup.

Loads of the so called "homeless" won't take an offered job and that's been proven.

Most of them are right where they want to be. Panhandling, living at shelters and getting food at food kitchens.

Most of them like it right where they are.

Because of this reason.
you're paying for profits, not healthcare.

I agree.

I've never used my benefits. I've paid for them my whole working life.

Under the ACA my costs went up by 60% while my tax money went to take care of idiots who couldn't or wouldn't take care of themselves.

Our country is loaded with freeloaders and we will be suffering with them as long as idiots run this country.
Did your healthcare costs go up during the 10 years before the ACA? If so by how much?

Sure they went up at a very miniscule amount. In fact most of the time the costs stayed the same. When I first started working my benefits cost all of 4.50 cents a week.

The ACA put a strain on everyone who has benefits that they pay for. As I said. Mine went up by 60% and I'm not the only one.
Have you gone back and looked? What did you pay in 2000? What did you pay in 2008?

Looking at historical charts of premium growth rates Obamacare didn’t have this crazy acceleration that conservatives say it did. There was a spike in 2011 but then a big drop in the growth rate that fell below what the growth rate was in the early 2000s.

I do agree that the plan was marketed by obama to save much more then it actually does. I think they were projecting to get many more people on the exchanges.

Bullshit pal. I checked with our HR department when my payments went up by 60%. According to HR it was all because of the ACA.

The ONLY people who made out under that POS were the people the rest of us were paying for.
What were your payments in 2000? What were they in 2008?

Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and could have built several cities by now.

right wing fantasy, at its finest?

Left wing solution, in truth.

Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and we could have built several new cities by now, instead.

we can still have, high hopes and pipe dreams, on the left wing. :bye1:

Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and we could have built several new cities by now, instead.

Dude, we don't care if you smoke weed in your parent's basement.

Dude, smoke up!

Dude, smoke up!
i already have, and still have high hopes and pipe dreams, unlike the right wing. all they have is bah, hum bug, and nothing but repeal.

Dude, smoke up!
i already have, and still have high hopes and pipe dreams, unlike the right wing. all they have is bah, hum bug, and nothing but repeal.

That's probably why you don't understand supply/demand graphs.

Our right wing, War on Drugs is useless and could have built several cities by now.
The "War on Drugs" is a right wing thing? Someone must not have told Bill Clinton that, Daniel because he signed legislation that put more blacks in prison on drug charges than any President in US history! Anything else you want to prove your ignorance on?

Forum List

Back