A gun control proposal

You are not going to get any kind of compromise from our gun nuts. And I would add the penalties for breaking these laws. If you sell a gun to someone without the background check and approval, you are arrested for a felony, and can never own any kind of firearm again. The same for the person trying to buy a gun without a check. Guns cannot be transferred in any manner, even within families without said background check. To do so incurs a felony conviction. Those with felony convictions cannot own guns. Period. Those judged to have sanity problems with hostility cannot own guns, period.
The majority of the guns in the US are owned by criminals.
Link?

How about a real conversation about the gun issue .

Here's what I think .

Background Checks, no private sale or gun show loopholes . Gun registration so we can follow the gun and prevent straw purchases. Local gun licenses thru the police Those things would help keep guns away from criminals and kooks . That's the majority of the gun problem.

In return . The law abiding can buy all the guns they want . U can only shoot 2 at a time at best . U want a 20 round clip, go ahead and have a party . License to carry, ok with me .

What's the down side ?
sorry Tim, no cigar. We aren't compromising.
I will make one deal with obama. He gives up abortions, and I'll turn in my guns
At least people have lived thru some of the shootings. Abortion, not so much

Obama has nothing to do wh abortion !!!

This thread is about gun compromise .
No this thread is about an idiot who thinks he has something valid to say. There are hundreds of gun laws on the books. States with the strictest of these laws tend to have the highest number of gun murders proving them all ineffective while the state with the fewest gun laws has the least gun murders.
Compare New Jersey and Vermont for example.
Vermont has virtually no gun laws. The don't require registration, concealed carry permits and they are an open carry state. 42% of Vermonters own weapons. Their gun murder rate is 0.3/100,000 residents.
New Jersey:
Concealed Permit:
May Issue to Residents and Non-Residents
Issuance of the permit is almost completely discretionary, and New Jersey courts have upheld the policy of strictly limiting permits “to persons specifically employed in security work . . . and to others who can establish an urgent necessity for carrying guns for self-protection.”
As a may issue state, discretion is left in the hands of the applicant's local law enforcement agency chief.
New Jersey has a gun ownership rate of 12.3% and a gun murder rate of 2.8/ 100,000 residents
3 and a half times as many guns and 1/9 the number of gun related murders.

Guns get stolen all the time. Guns get stolen and the owner has no idea that happened.

They sure do. So much for needing a gun to protect your stuff.

You home 24/7/365, 'brain'?

About what percentage of criminals break into a house when there are people home, 'brain'?

About 230,000 guns are stolen each year. Yeah gun owners are making us safer.

'brain', I go to te range 3-4 times a week.

I do not carry all my guns with me when I go to the range.

Should I hire an armed guard to protect my guns when I go to the range?

Do you make use of your brain very often, 'brain'?

I think you should get a life. Seriously you have nothing better to do that go waste ammo 3-4 times a week?

Don't you have a I own guns sign in front of your house? I hear that makes criminals go away.
So you don't like his hobby? Fine. That is an opinion.
Anyone could say the same thing about stuff you like to do.
BTW, the typical criminal will steer clear of anyone who they believe will fight back. They will seek out the low hanging fruit. Always.
Criminals are inherently lazy people.

You are not going to get any kind of compromise from our gun nuts. And I would add the penalties for breaking these laws. If you sell a gun to someone without the background check and approval, you are arrested for a felony, and can never own any kind of firearm again. The same for the person trying to buy a gun without a check. Guns cannot be transferred in any manner, even within families without said background check. To do so incurs a felony conviction. Those with felony convictions cannot own guns. Period. Those judged to have sanity problems with hostility cannot own guns, period.
The majority of the guns in the US are owned by criminals.
o_O

Here's what I think .

Background Checks, no private sale or gun show loopholes . Gun registration so we can follow the gun and prevent straw purchases. Local gun licenses thru the police Those things would help keep guns away from criminals and kooks . That's the majority of the gun problem.

In return . The law abiding can buy all the guns they want . U can only shoot 2 at a time at best . U want a 20 round clip, go ahead and have a party . License to carry, ok with me .

What's the down side ?

Let's treat guns like cars. Register, insurance, and don't let them become an eyesore for your neighbors.
Show me where it says in the Constitution that you can do that.

Funny how so many of you gun nuts on here are gun dealers. Pretty clear you want to sell guns, not save lives.
Pro Constitution people are labeled "gun nuts" typical name calling.
Let's prohibit speech against Constitutional rights.

There are all kinds of restrictions on free speech .

We are talking guns here . Please stop with the typical Re routing distractions that gun nuts are famous for .
So you commit a hopover and then make a generalization

About what percentage of criminals break into a house when there are people home, 'brain'?

I think you should get a life. Seriously you have nothing better to do that go waste ammo 3-4 times a week?

Don't you have a I own guns sign in front of your house? I hear that makes criminals go away.
BTW, the typical criminal will steer clear of anyone who they believe will fight back. They will seek out the low hanging fruit. Always.
Hobby or a mental disorder?

Funny how so many of you gun nuts on here are gun dealers. Pretty clear you want to sell guns, not save lives.
Pro Constitution people are labeled "gun nuts" typical name calling.
Let's prohibit speech against Constitutional rights.

No, selfish assholes are labeled "gun nuts".
You want to impose your views on others and you dare to call them "selfish assholes"? You are just the dumbest thing on here.

Guns get stolen all the time. Guns get stolen and the owner has no idea that happened.

Not really.

anyone that has one is inviting a break-in

I think you should get a life.

I have one

Seriously you have nothing better to do that go waste ammo 3-4 times a week?

I dont' consider it a waste.

Minimum exercise, and considering the COPD, minimum is all I can handle

Hobby or a mental disorder?
In your case they're identical.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
I will make one deal with obama. He gives up abortions, and I'll turn in my guns

No this thread is about an idiot who thinks he has something valid to say. There are hundreds of gun laws on the books. States with the strictest of these laws tend to have the highest number of gun murders proving them all ineffective while the state with the fewest gun laws has the least gun murders.
Vermont has virtually no gun laws. The don't require registration, concealed carry permits and they are an open carry state. 42% of Vermonters own weapons. Their gun murder rate is 0.3/100,000 residents.
New Jersey:
Concealed Permit:
Issuance of the permit is almost completely discretionary, and New Jersey courts have upheld the policy of strictly limiting permits “to persons specifically employed in security work . . . and to others who can establish an urgent necessity for carrying guns for self-protection.”
As a may issue state, discretion is left in the hands of the applicant's local law enforcement agency chief.
New Jersey has a gun ownership rate of 12.3% and a gun murder rate of 2.8/ 100,000 residents

You are a liar . Gun nut states have far higher gun murder rates .

U compare Vermont wh New Jersey ?! Vermont is a rural state , it's biggest city has like 90,000 people .
Jersey has way more people and large cities.

Compare apples wh apples . How about arizona v New Jersey . The numbers don't work so well for u do they . You're intellectually dishonest .

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
Hey why dont we just make it illegal for felons to own guns?
Oh, wait. It already is.
There is no "following the gun." That is nonsense. Once guns are stolen or go missing they aer untraceable. The US could not trace guns they let across the border. Why do you think guns would be traceable under this absurd idea?

They are only untraceable if u file off the numbers . Why would anyone do that to a stolen gun?? That alone is a felony .
You're really not very bright here, Einstein.
I have been a firearms dealer for nearly a decade. Once a gun is stolen it cannot be traced unless it comes across an official channel, like a police recovery. But guns are traded among criminals like dope and no one is asking any questions.

Right . Much like a car that's stolen.

But let's not kid ourselves. All the guns that end up in the hands of criminals are not stolen guns .

Many are straw purchases. Since we don't register guns it's quite easy.

Many?

LOL

no thanks Timmy , I want to roll back all gun laws .

so what do u want ? Guns out of vending machines?
that's pretty much how it was in the late 60s as you bought your guns out of the hardware store , Sears catalog or the back page ads in Fishing and Hunting magazines Timmy . Vending machines would also be alright with me !!

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

How do you propose to track the stolen guns?

Per the FBI, 1.4 million were stolen between 2005 and 2010.

that's about 200,000 a year, on average.

Are they really all "stolen". Some meth head sells his gun to dealer and later claims it's "stolen".

That wouldnt happen as much under my plan . Cause when dealer gets caught with gun, he'll rat out meth head . People will then think twice before selling to assholes .

And if it's really stolen , u get your gun back when it's found !!

On a side note , how are all these guns being stolen?? U buy a gun to prevent break ins!!!
Only one of my guns, rarely 2, leave the house with me. I occasionally have to leave my arsenal, don't you? or are you locked in Mom's basement again?

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

New Jersey:
Concealed Permit:

You are a liar . Gun nut states have far higher gun murder rates .

U compare Vermont wh New Jersey ?! Vermont is a rural state , it's biggest city has like 90,000 people .
Jersey has way more people and large cities.

Compare apples wh apples . How about arizona v New Jersey . The numbers don't work so well for u do they . You're intellectually dishonest .
It has nothing to do with laws. It is entirely culture. There arent many shootings in Peoria. There are tons in Chicago.

Forum List

Back