A Country Divided

The amusing thing about liberals is that they actually believe they are the majority in America...

There are no "Liberals" in "America".

And that is because America is an Idea, NOT a place.

Understand friend: THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS.

And that is because Nature precludes the means for one to simultaneously adhere to both the Thesis and the Antithesis.

It simply can't be done.

So, given that Left-think is comprised of Foreign ideas Hostile to American Principle... they cannot; at the same time, claim to recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principles that define America; thus they have no basis from which to claim themselves "Americans".

This thread has been cleaned up and infractions handed out. Stick to the topic and not each other, please

Is this a good thing? Why has our differences become a "competition" which is causing tension and dissention in our Country.... ?

If we can't agree on anything else, can we agree a "Country divided will not stand"?

Hopefully the old, white, sociopath, men that think they're conservative will die soon.

Is this a good thing? Why has our differences become a "competition" which is causing tension and dissention in our Country.... ?

If we can't agree on anything else, can we agree a "Country divided will not stand"?

We are bitterly divided because nobody really has a majority in the ideology department. Over the past thirty years, conservatives have pretty much defined the narrative, but that is now changing and conservatives are scared to death that they are losing control of the dialogue.

Well, I think we can see clearly demonstrated in this post where the real division lies: Leftists are delusional to the point of hallucinating. How do you find common ground and rapport with lunatics?

See, when you call people delusional you prove my point. I'm not even a liberal, but a former moderate Republican turned Democrat due to the far right completely hijacking the Republican Party.
You were never a conservative, so save your myths for your liberal traitor friends. No real American is going to buy them.

You are correct, I never was a whack job right wing conservative. I was a moderate Republican as I said. Idiots like you are driving the mods away from the party with your stupidity. Even my son, who is a US Marine, is a Democrat. Imagine that, will ya?

We are bitterly divided because nobody really has a majority in the ideology department. Over the past thirty years, conservatives have pretty much defined the narrative, but that is now changing and conservatives are scared to death that they are losing control of the dialogue.

Well, I think we can see clearly demonstrated in this post where the real division lies: Leftists are delusional to the point of hallucinating. How do you find common ground and rapport with lunatics?

See, when you call people delusional you prove my point. I'm not even a liberal, but a former moderate Republican turned Democrat due to the far right completely hijacking the Republican Party.
You were never a conservative, so save your myths for your liberal traitor friends. No real American is going to buy them.

You are correct, I never was a whack job right wing conservative. I was a moderate Republican as I said. Idiots like you are driving the mods away from the party with your stupidity. Even my son, who is a US Marine, is a Democrat. Imagine that, will ya?
I am not a Republican and I frankly find the current GOP to be nearly as detestable and selfserving as the Democrats. Both parties are just sides of the same counterfeit coin.

The people we call liberals today are nothing of the sort. George Washington was a liberal, Michael Moore and his ilk, and those who sympathize with him, are autocratic elitist hypocrites dead set on turning America into some Marxist utopia of shared misery.

Meanwhile, there are so called conservatives in the GOP who, while spewing rhetoric to the contrary, pretty much govern just as the neoliberal Democrats do (see John Boehner).

Outside the incumbent Washington machine lie those who are so far left they consider Obama a nazi and those who are so far right they reckon Jesus wouldn't be too happy if they were to not penalize other people they don't even know for loving one another.

I don't get any of them because I happen to belong to the large and rapidly growing number of independent thinkers who are Independent voters who lean conservative; real conservative, as in being much more interested in national defense and the fiscal disaster which is our federal budget than in social issues which are mired in religious and even racial biases.

I look at the world and see it for what it is and at people for who and what they are. The world is a very simple place complicated only by the number of people trying to live on this tiny rock. I have been around a while and have picked up on humanity's modus operandi.

It is my opinion that the condition most refer to as "liberalism" is, in fact, a mental disorder brought on by a decadent and pampered lifestyle or self-inflicted and/or self-perpetuating poverty. These two constituencies of modern liberalism are connected by the former exploiting the latter under an aegis of altruism and lies.

I oppose today's liberals as I did the Communists they emulate with their goals and tactics. The West, and with it its culture, is committing suicide by liberalism and America joined the death march when we elected the criminal serving as POTUS, not once, but twice. We are getting what we asked for and people ain't happy. We are an amusing species.

At any rate, America is fucking pissed off; and when I say America I don't mean the loud squeaky voices of a deviant few, but I mean the thunderous roar of the common masses who have had it up to here with the way things are and what has become of the nation we love.
Mark my words. This shit ends come November 2016. America is awake and we woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

one of obama's goals has been to divide the country as part of his "fundamental transformation". Divide and conquer, its not a new idea..

thats what nutjobs like you have been saying ever since Obama started running for President.

Despite your best efforts the country is no more divided now than then.

I am not a Republican and I frankly find the current GOP to be nearly as detestable and selfserving as the Democrats. Both parties are just sides of the same counterfeit coin.

The people we call liberals today are nothing of the sort. George Washington was a liberal, Michael Moore and his ilk, and those who sympathize with him, are autocratic elitist hypocrites dead set on turning America into some Marxist utopia of shared misery.

Meanwhile, there are so called conservatives in the GOP who, while spewing rhetoric to the contrary, pretty much govern just as the neoliberal Democrats do (see John Boehner).

Outside the incumbent Washington machine lie those who are so far left they consider Obama a nazi and those who are so far right they reckon Jesus wouldn't be too happy if they were to not penalize other people they don't even know for loving one another.

I don't get any of them because I happen to belong to the large and rapidly growing number of independent thinkers who are Independent voters who lean conservative; real conservative, as in being much more interested in national defense and the fiscal disaster which is our federal budget than in social issues which are mired in religious and even racial biases.

I look at the world and see it for what it is and at people for who and what they are. The world is a very simple place complicated only by the number of people trying to live on this tiny rock. I have been around a while and have picked up on humanity's modus operandi.

It is my opinion that the condition most refer to as "liberalism" is, in fact, a mental disorder brought on by a decadent and pampered lifestyle or self-inflicted and/or self-perpetuating poverty. These two constituencies of modern liberalism are connected by the former exploiting the latter under an aegis of altruism and lies.

I oppose today's liberals as I did the Communists they emulate with their goals and tactics. The West, and with it its culture, is committing suicide by liberalism and America joined the death march when we elected the criminal serving as POTUS, not once, but twice. We are getting what we asked for and people ain't happy. We are an amusing species.

At any rate, America is fucking pissed off; and when I say America I don't mean the loud squeaky voices of a deviant few, but I mean the thunderous roar of the common masses who have had it up to here with the way things are and what has become of the nation we love.
Mark my words. This shit ends come November 2016. America is awake and we woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

You really do not understand politics and you are going to be sorely disappointed come November 2016.

[

Mark my word- November 2016 you will be disappointed.

one of obama's goals has been to divide the country as part of his "fundamental transformation". Divide and conquer, its not a new idea..

thats what nutjobs like you have been saying ever since Obama started running for President.

Correct.

This 'divided country' nonsense is yet another ridiculous lie from the right.

Correct.

Essentially most of them saying it both want the country to be divided, and are secretly hoping for a 'Civil War'- where 'patriots' will be able to tell everyone else how we are going to have to live.

The funny thing is the country is divided. The right and the left. The Republicans and the Democrats.

However there isn't much difference between the right and the left or the reps and the dems.

They both go into office in DC, they both take a shed load of cash and spend it on advertising. They both avoid meaningful debate on topics that are necessary. They both stick to the issues which allow them to be partisan, which show their position in an easy manner and allow their supporters to get all hot under the collar while avoiding the REAL ISSUES.

I'd say the most important issues in the US right now are 1) the corruption that has been legitimised in politics.They call this campaign funds and donations, but often this is simply the buying of congressmen and presidents.
2) The manner in which elections are held which has allowed the two main parties to essentially do whatever they like and avoid any dissension in the ranks and among the people.

However you talk about these and people just aren't interested. They haven't been told these are important by those spending lots of money advertising, so they stick to gun control, abortion, gay marriage and so on.

It amazes me that people actually take this stuff in hook, line and sinker.

But then again it amazed me when a guy working in a supermarket in Colorado told me he bought Pepsi when he could get Coca-Cola for free any time at work. His reason: Pepsi was the drink of the poor people. Yeah, he bought that advertising and believed what they told him. He didn't think that the reason he was poor was because he was stupidly buying pepsi at $1 a bottle instead of drinking A) something that was free or B) something much healthier than sugared water with brown color.

When you see advertising working so well in the US that it actually buys people's thoughts, you realise how scary democracy is.
That's not democracy.

[

Mark my word- November 2016 you will be disappointed.
We shall see.

It's not a lie, it's a question (Country Divided) - it's obviously the differences are becoming much more broad, and peaceable discussion and discourse, less and less.

Sides are not genuinely listening to each other, it's more of a battle of wills at this point.

I just don't see how it's going to get better. I don't think people are just going to rollover and "accept" the recent changes (or, changes to come) without a fight.

Correct.

Really? Heh. We'll see about that, won't we?

It's not a lie, it's a question (Country Divided) - it's obviously the differences are becoming much more broad, and peaceable discussion and discourse, less and less.

Sides are not genuinely listening to each other, it's more of a battle of wills at this point.

I just don't see how it's going to get better. I don't think people are just going to rollover and "accept" the recent changes (or, changes to come) without a fight.
I think you're right, but it will take something happening that the average person feels in their life directly to get the People riled enough to act. I think that we are at or nearing that point as the Left barrels ahead. I think war is in our future unless the majority opinion makes itself known for all to see and the minority liberal view is drowned out by the will of the People.

Our republic was designed to protect minorities, not to promote them or to be ruled by them. It's ironic that the Democrats are the ones so dead set against democracy.

Yep, we have some mighty hurdles to jump if we are to avoid a divorce.

I think you're right, but it will take something happening that the average person feels in their life directly to get the People riled enough to act. I think that we are at or nearing that point as the Left barrels ahead. I think war is in our future unless the majority opinion makes itself known for all to see and the minority liberal view is drowned out by the will of the People.

Our republic was designed to protect minorities, not to promote them or to be ruled by them. It's ironic that the Democrats are the ones so dead set against democracy.

Yep, we have some mighty hurdles to jump if we are to avoid a divorce.

I believe we are outnumbered. Not that it means we can't put up a fight, but, like you said, there has to be a united effort. A passion for change, and, someone that can not only speak truth, but have people behind them to rally for them - instead of shrinking away out of fear of being "bashed" or "looked down on".

We are being repressed by the formerly repressed.

Forum List

Back