Pictures of before and after inflation. What a difference a few years make.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
MSN
Prices That Show How Hard Inflation Hit America©Provided by ALot.com
How much did a burger cost 20 years ago compared to now? What was the price of a cup of coffee 10 years ago? You might not think about it much as prices go up gradually from day to day, but when you look back–it’s quite the revelation.
I bet if Joe Bidumb had a brain, he would be scratching it, wondering why back when he first took office in government a gallon of gas was around fiddy cents. A pack of cigs were 25 cents. A and burger, fry and small drink at McDonalds was only 95 cents. Now his inflation is making life miserable, which is what the left loves to do to the people.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ididthat.jpg

MSN I bet if Joe Bidumb had a brain, he would be scratching it, wondering why back when he first took office in government a gallon of gas was around fiddy cents. A pack of cigs were 25 cents. A and burger, fry and small drink at McDonalds was only 95 cents. Now his inflation is making life miserable, which is what the left loves to do to the people.

View attachment 890078
Actually it was tRump's spending as much as anything else that did that.

But you already knew that.

Some of it is personal choice.....

Back around '97 I figured-up what I was spending at the 7-11 (no fancy places in my AO back then) for a medium cup of Joe and a Sausage Bite in the mornings before going to work.....It was like $600.00 a year....Real money back then.....That's $1140.00 in today's weak Biden Bucks.

I started getting-up a half hour early and having my wife make my coffee and a real breakfast every morning for 25% of the cost.

Thing was she was only too happy to do it for me since she was up anyway. Good food and conversation on the day's upcoming events was right nice too.

So yeah, you can defray costs a bit with some personal austerity and not miss a beat, maybe even make your life better despite the dem's best efforts to keep you down.

MSN I bet if Joe Bidumb had a brain, he would be scratching it, wondering why back when he first took office in government a gallon of gas was around fiddy cents. A pack of cigs were 25 cents. A and burger, fry and small drink at McDonalds was only 95 cents. Now his inflation is making life miserable, which is what the left loves to do to the people.

View attachment 890078
The fallacy though in the 'losing buying power' thing is that for most of us, with exception of a few years in the late 70's/early 80's and now, our incomes exceeded the rate of inflation so the dollar buys less but we didn't lose buying power because we had so many more dollars.

The median U.S. family income in 1970 was $8,330, in 1980 $16,300, in 1990 $28, 838, in 2000 $40,551 in 2010 $49,578, in 2019 $68,700.

2020 was such an anomaly it cannot be effectively included in the analysis since so much of the country was artificially shut down but the median family income was still $68,400.

Since 2020 until now, family income has increased but has not kept up with the rate of inflation and the average American family has lost several thousands in buying power.

Last edited:
The fallacy though in the 'losing buying power' thing is that for most of us, with exception of a few years in the late 70's/early 80's and now, our incomes exceeded the rate of inflation so the dollar buys less but we didn't lose buying power because we had so many more dollars.

The median U.S. family income in 1970 was $8,330, in 1980 $16,300, in 1990 $28, 838, in 2000 $40,551 in 2010 $49,578, in 2019 $68,700.

2020 was such an anomaly it cannot be effectively included in the analysis since so much of the country was artificially shut down but the median family income was still $68,400.

Since 2020 until now, family income has increased but has not kept up with the rate of inflation and the average American family has lost several thousands in buying power.
2020 can be counted because the pandemic in 2020 caused the inflation.

United States Inflation Rate

1705654834649.png

Trading Economics
https://tradingeconomics.com › United States
The annual inflation rate in the US went up to 3.4% in December 2023 from a five-month low of 3.1% in November, higher than market forecasts of 3.2%, as energy ...

Retail sales up strongly in December as Americans ...​

1705654452248.png

AP News
Associated Press News: Breaking News | Latest News Today › article › retail-sales-december-ec...
2 days ago — Because spending by consumers accounts for nearly 70% of the U.S. ... “I think 2024 is going to be similar (to 2023),” he said. “It's not going ...

The Employment Situation - December 2023

1705654629645.png
Bureau of Labor Statistics (.gov)
https://www.bls.gov › news.release › pdf › empsit
Jan 5, 2024 — Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 216,000 in December, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau ...

Except that the Marxists/Demofascists had put in a nasty VAT, so when the incomes exceeded a certain point, the people had to pay an additional tax, thus taking away more of those worthless extra dollars.

United States Inflation Rate

View attachment 890205
Trading Economics
https://tradingeconomics.com › United States
The annual inflation rate in the US went up to 3.4% in December 2023 from a five-month low of 3.1% in November, higher than market forecasts of 3.2%, as energy ...

Retail sales up strongly in December as Americans ...​

View attachment 890202
AP News
Associated Press News: Breaking News | Latest News Today › article › retail-sales-december-ec...
2 days ago — Because spending by consumers accounts for nearly 70% of the U.S. ... “I think 2024 is going to be similar (to 2023),” he said. “It's not going ...

The Employment Situation - December 2023

View attachment 890203
Bureau of Labor Statistics (.gov)
https://www.bls.gov › news.release › pdf › empsit
Jan 5, 2024 — Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 216,000 in December, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau ...

gasss.gif

Sure...........................

Oct 30, 2023 — Former President Donald Trump attempted to rewrite history in a speech in Iowa on Sunday, falsely claiming he had campaigned for the presidency in 2016 on a promise that Mexico would pay for “a piece” of his border wall.

Trump, now running again for the Republican presidential nomination, has been criticized by rival candidates such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for breaking his signature campaign promise to get Mexico to pay for the wall. The wall was paid for by Americans; the Trump administration directed more than $16 billion in federal money toward the project.

Sure...........................

Oct 30, 2023 — Former President Donald Trump attempted to rewrite history in a speech in Iowa on Sunday, falsely claiming he had campaigned for the presidency in 2016 on a promise that Mexico would pay for “a piece” of his border wall.

Trump, now running again for the Republican presidential nomination, has been criticized by rival candidates such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for breaking his signature campaign promise to get Mexico to pay for the wall. The wall was paid for by Americans; the Trump administration directed more than $16 billion in federal money toward the project.
Trump isn't the topic, gaslighting shitlib.

Except that the Marxists/Demofascists had put in a nasty VAT, so when the incomes exceeded a certain point, the people had to pay an additional tax, thus taking away more of those worthless extra dollars.
The Democrats would love to have a VAT but we don't have that in the USA yet. The closest thing to it are the federally and state imposed excise taxes. I think I read somewhere that 100 countries or so do have a VAT.

But if the Democrats do not renew, extend, make permanent TCJA (Trump era tax reform) almost all of us will see our taxes substantially increase at the end of next year. The one exception will be in the $231,251 to $578,125 income ranges that will see their taxes dropped a bit and that's the bracket a lot of our federal law makers are in.

Republicans will pretty much 100% choose to keep TCJA in effect, even make it permanent. Democrats not so much. Another reason to vote GOP across the board in November.

View attachment 890078
Half of recent inflation is due to high corporate profits.

Forum List

Back