A beautiful sight. Wind turbines....

Solar and geothermal (varying by region obviously) are much more feasible and cost-efficient, environment-friendly and sustainable than wind turbines.
Geothermal, is thee most expensive form of electricity on earth and thee most difficult to develop, on commercial/industrial scale. If you are talking about residential heat pi.ps that is a different story.

Really ?
And you can verify this ?
Yes, really, and why would you think differently is a better question. The simple answer, which may seem insulting, is you have no education in regards to commercial geothermal plants.

I can do you one further, sit down for this one. Geothermal is also thee most toxic polluting form of energy as well.

Of course, if you were a member of this site for the last 10 years you would know there are threads that support the facts I state. One need not search Google. Unless those old threads have been purged.

Really ?
And you can verify this ?

Yes. You want know what else geothermal uses to function...FRACKING!

I helped build the geothermal plant at China Lake, way back in the mid 1980s.
So actually know what is involved.

I happen to like geothermal as a concept, but it has loads of problems. The fluid is highly caustic so the stainless steel pipes need frequent replacement, every two years or so. Thus, they are maintenance nightmares, however they DO work, and work well.

My hope is that new materials being developed in Formula One racing will be able to be adapted for geothermal plants.

Yes. You want know what else geothermal uses to function...FRACKING!

I helped build the geothermal plant at China Lake, way back in the mid 1980s.
So actually know what is involved.

I happen to like geothermal as a concept, but it has loads of problems. The fluid is highly caustic so the stainless steel pipes need frequent replacement, every two years or so. Thus, they are maintenance nightmares, however they DO work, and work well.

My hope is that new materials being developed in Formula One racing will be able to be adapted for geothermal plants.
I appreciate your reasonable explanation without being personally insulting and overly emotional about it like some people do around here quite often.

I guess it's a way to anonymously vent your real- life frustration out for some.

I appreciate your reasonable explanation without being personally insulting and overly emotional about it like some people do around here quite often.

I guess it's a way to anonymously vent your real- life frustration out for some.

I'm a scientist. I explain things.

Solar sucks just like these stupid wind turbines.

There is only a narrow band in the SW of the US where it comes even close to being economical to use solar. Every place else it is a waste. Even her in Florida "The Sunshine State" it is not economical to generate electricity. Hell, we just had almost three solid weeks of overcast sky.
Yah, where is the coal and whale oil when you need it ? Maybe you didn’t know, solar cells still work on a cloudy day.

Yah, where is the coal and whale oil when you need it ? Maybe you didn’t know, solar cells still work on a cloudy day.

Normal 11% efficiency drops to 5%, so yeah, they work, but not very well. Certainly not enough to run a country on. Clearly you DIDN'T know that.

But not very well.
Neither does a fossil fuel car in cold weather. That’s why you over construct or have multiple sources for “slippage” or less efficiency. What matters is the total number of BYU you pump back into the grid over the entire year.
We’re in one of the most northern states with abundant cloud cover. Solar farms are still very effective. It’s funny why doubters want to go backwards in time.

So you're against trying things until they are perfect? That must be how they first made cars, perfect the first time?
Prototypes are for enthusiasts!!!

I say: develop a product that is BETTER THAN what you already have; cheaper, better!!!

Yes. Go for it!!

Until then why waste resources??

Greg

Neither does a fossil fuel car in cold weather. That’s why you over construct or have multiple sources for “slippage” or less efficiency. What matters is the total number of BYU you pump back into the grid over the entire year.
We’re in one of the most northern states with abundant cloud cover. Solar farms are still very effective. It’s funny why doubters want to go backwards in time.

Stop being a fucking moron. Solar is shitty power generation because it is low level and hardly works a good portion of the time. There is a narrow belt in the SW US where solar is marginally worthwhile but is terribly inefficient most other places.

Solar is nothing more that a wet dream for stupid uneducated dumbass Environmental Wacko Moon Bats.

When I teach my college course in Environmental Science I have a module where I have the students do the Engineering economic analysis for solar power generation for their homes. I use real data. It is always uneconomical to use solar even with the stupid government tax incentives and subsidies.

Prototypes are for enthusiasts!!!

I say: develop a product that is BETTER THAN what you already have; cheaper, better!!!

Yes. Go for it!!

Until then why waste resources??

Greg
It's a step by step process. And you have to start somewhere.

Stop being a fucking moron. Solar is shitty power generation because it is low level and hardly works a good portion of the time. There is a narrow belt in the SW US where solar is marginally worthwhile but is terribly inefficient most other places.

Solar is nothing more that a wet dream for stupid uneducated dumbass Environmental Wacko Moon Bats.

When I teach my college course in Environmental Science I have a module where I have the students do the Engineering economic analysis for solar power generation for their homes. I use real data. It is always uneconomical to use solar even with the stupid government tax incentives and subsidies.
You got a problem. Stick a sock in it internet tuff guy. After the first statement I couldn’t give a sht what you have to say.

But not very well.
Solar farms are not effective in 100% sun. Add clouds and they literally, turn off.

Solar farms are not effective in 100% sun. Add clouds and they literally, turn off.

Like put out 5% of the power they would if the sun was blazing.

These Moon Bats are crazy. They let themselves be brainwashed by this Environmental Wacko bullshit that is based upon lies for the most part.

I have a friend who is an Engineering Director for one of the largest Power Companies in the US, He says they are putting in large number of solar farms at great cost.

He says that all the Engineers know it is bullshit. The company does it because they mostly get their financing from European banks. The idiot Europeans require a commitment to "zero carbon emissions" before lending the money. Also they get filthy ass government subsidies and they can just raise rates to cover the cost.

Solar is terrible technology that will go bust just like all these stupid wind farms that are failures. This country is full of idiots that are fucking the rest of us.

Forum List

Back