A beautiful sight. Wind turbines....

Solar farms are not effective in 100% sun. Add clouds and they literally, turn off.
No, they don’t turn off. I have facts in my side. It depends upon how much cloud cover. Solar was designed to be use in conjunction with the grid. When that happens, storage is a non issue.

Geothermal, is thee most expensive form of electricity on earth and thee most difficult to develop, on commercial/industrial scale. If you are talking about residential heat pi.ps that is a different story.
Oh, heat pumps are different ? Why is that ? The expense is dependent upon local and the ease it can be extracted. Obviously you use the most easily extracted source for the area you’re servicing .
Geothermal is not weather dependent nor is it dependent upon weekly delivery of trucks with fossil fuels subject to price gouging

Oh, heat pumps are different ? Why is that ? The expense is dependent upon local and the ease it can be extracted. Obviously you use the most easily extracted source for the area you’re servicing .
Geothermal is not weather dependent nor is it dependent upon weekly delivery of trucks with fossil fuels subject to price gouging
Geothermal, I only speak of on a industrial scale. I really do not care what you spend your own money on, in your own home. That is the realm of democrats, who subsidize, rule, regulate, and dictate what we do.

Geothermal as a source of electricity is as weak as a tea pot without it's lid.

Any form of energy is fine. Wind, solar, etc etc etc.. Oil & gas are fine too.

Why TF are Americans complaining about one or the other? Party loyalty?
I don't care how the lights come on, or how my vehicle goes from A to B. I just want it to happen cheap.
Right now, $3per gallon is too high. And so is the $250 electric bill.

Solar and wind create a lot of American jobs. So does gas & oil. So you people need to stop acting like a bunch of titbegs and be happy you got energy.

No, they don’t turn off. I have facts in my side. It depends upon how much cloud cover. Solar was designed to be use in conjunction with the grid. When that happens, storage is a non issue.
No sun, they do, literally, for all effective purposes turn off. You can not run industry off solar for that simple reason.

Solar was not designed to use in conjunction with the grid.

We have spent billions, and are told it will cost trillions, to accommodate intermittent, random solar power.

Any form of energy is fine. Wind, solar, etc etc etc.. Oil & gas are fine too.

Why TF are Americans complaining about one or the other? Party loyalty?
I don't care how the lights come on, or how my vehicle goes from A to B. I just want it to happen cheap.
Right now, $3per gallon is too high. And so is the $250 electric bill.

Solar and wind create a lot of American jobs. So does gas & oil. So you people need to stop acting like a bunch of titbegs and be happy you got energy.
What are you complaining about? You state $250 is too high to pay for electricity yet any form of energy is fine? Would you prefer a short 2 inch candle for your energy at night? Obviously, if we read your post correctly any form of energy is not fine? Solar and Wind give us high electric bills, you state high electric bills are bad, yet you do not connect the dots, that one gives you the other.

What are you complaining about? You state $250 is too high to pay for electricity yet any form of energy is fine? Would you prefer a short 2 inch candle for your energy at night? Obviously, if we read your post correctly any form of energy is not fine? Solar and Wind give us high electric bills, you state high electric bills are bad, yet you do not connect the dots, that one gives you the other.

Ok Karen. Take a pill, get a glass of wine. And re-read my post. And CTFD. It's my opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ok Karen. Take a pill, get a glass of wine. And re-read my post. And CTFD. It's my opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less.
take your own advice, you post opinions on these boards and people respond. If you can not handle the responses, dont post, "your opinion".

You opinion is fine, but when one offers facts that proves your opinion as a false idea, you should do the adult thing and formulate a new opinion based on fact.

Geothermal is the least cost efficient of any source of electricity. Geothermal is also not environmentally friendly. Geothermal is also very limited as to where it can be built.

Hydrothermal resources - reservoirs of steam or hot water - are available primarily in the western states, Alaska, and Hawaii. However, Earth energy can be tapped almost anywhere with geothermal heat pumps and direct-use applications.

take your own advice, you post opinions on these boards and people respond. If you can not handle the responses, dont post, "your opinion".

You opinion is fine, but when one offers facts that proves your opinion as a false idea, you should do the adult thing and formulate a new opinion based on fact.

I can handle a lot more than some commiforians opinion about me.

There's no such thing as a "false opinion." FYI

I like geothermal even more now.:icon_sjung:

1636244463009.png

Hydrothermal resources - reservoirs of steam or hot water - are available primarily in the western states, Alaska, and Hawaii. However, Earth energy can be tapped almost anywhere with geothermal heat pumps and direct-use applications.
you are quoting a google search? You have not read the articles? The last link does not even give me access to the article and you did not quote one word of it. This is hardly a discussion. More of playing "go fish" with the google deck of cards.

This second link is mostly a definition of what geothermal is and does not contain any relevant information.

It mentions the geysers as a source of geothermal energy. Are you aware that the geysers did fail. The way they saved the geysers as a source of steam was by fracking water back into the earth. The geysers are in california which is suffering a decades long drought. California is suffering a lack of water, and now we must use what little water is in california to frack geothermal wells.

That second link, speaking of the geysers, proves my point. Geothermal is a weak, poor source of power.

Altarock? That great bankrupt corporation is a our future? And how much more Department of Energy grants do we have to give to this Wall st. corporation for it to survive and be our future?

Are you even prepared to talk about Altarock, you linked to it. And how about the use of Fracking by Altarock, does that not concern you?

This first link is great, it shows that we have reached, "peak geothermal".

The final problem is that most of the big, well-explored, well-characterized fields have been tapped out, at least with conventional technology. Geothermal that relies on high-quality hydrothermal resources remains a niche solution, difficult to standardize and scale. That’s why it has lagged behind other renewable resources for so long.

This second link is mostly a definition of what geothermal is and does not contain any relevant information.

It mentions the geysers as a source of geothermal energy. Are you aware that the geysers did fail. The way they saved the geysers as a source of steam was by fracking water back into the earth. The geysers are in california which is suffering a decades long drought. California is suffering a lack of water, and now we must use what little water is in california to frack geothermal wells.

That second link, speaking of the geysers, proves my point. Geothermal is a weak, poor source of power.
My brother has it in Hawaii on the big Island.

Forum List

Back